• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why the hell didn't anybody tell me calzones were so good?

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
yeah i love 'em. haven't had one in years though as they aren't so common here

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I better not tell you about Cornish pasties then.
FLLuL.gif

lock2k

Banned
Calzones here in São Paulo are godly (due to the huge italian population here, including my family, all Italy related food here is great). If anyone think calzones are crap that's because they haven't eaten the real thing.

n0razi

Grab a slice of regular pizza and fold it in half... dip into marinara sauce.... congrats you have a calzone

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Went to Pisa and had the best calzone in the world. I don’t know what they did different to other places but it was one of the best meals I’ve ever had.

GymWolf

Went to Pisa and had the best calzone in the world. I don’t know what they did different to other places but it was one of the best meals I’ve ever had.
We just don't use grounded meat instead of ham and shitty cheese instead of good mozzarella, also the dough has to be good, same for the tomato sauce.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The only place I've had a calzone is in Italy

They don't fuck around with the size of those things
Back in college in upstate New York I used to get monster calzone the size of a large pizza folded in half and stuffed full of pepperoni, cheese, sauce, etc. Half for dinner, half for breakfast the next day.

Susurrus

Had a pretty good one at Vapiano in January before it became another restaurant lost to covid. Usually calzones are kind of meh to me, but that one I rather enjoyed, but will no longer be able to get.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Wrong thread my fault Cptn brappy-san. GymWolf GymWolf knows what he’s talking about though

Even Pizza Hut had bomb calzones, they’re fucking delicious even the lower quality ones haha

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
This is dependent on where you buy it and who makes it.
For example: Pizza Hut. Worst fucking Calzone. Shit, they know this, because they call that sorry-excuse-for-food a fucking Pizzone.

Shit is 90% bread 10% everything else. I'd rather pay someone to slap me than eat that garbage.

Top Bottom