• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 RedKit releases on May 21, 2024

Senua

Gold Member
Maybe someone will mod in decent combat with this!

Cx6pcor.gif

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
I played a few extensions or mods made by volunteers and god, they were all awful. Which is not surprising at all since their hands are tied. What I don't get is why not rip the assets and create something in UE5 or Unity? Mods are just a way for some individuals to get some visibility and popularity to land in the industry I presume.

Kumomeme

really looking forward for someone to finally fix the game combat. particularly those janky unresponsive animation.

Dazraell

What is the difference between this and regular mods?
Seems like it'll be something like Creation Kit to Skyrim. Original mods had limitations allowing for simple tweaks and changes in the game tied to editing scripts and replacing stuff. There were also some unofficial tools allowing to do simpler quests and the like, but with the release of this toolset they will be able to add new regions, inject new mechanics to the game and their own new content or creating proper quests, etc. CDPR did something similar to Witcher 2, but it got only a few larger mods like Farewell of the White Wolf which was basically like an unofficial expansion in its scope

Top Bottom