• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YS: IX is coming to the west

SantaC

Gold Member

Naibel

Great news ! I was looking forward to this game after being blown away by the surprisingly good YS VIII.

I hope they release it by the end of the year, with a better localization team behind it this time !!

(Man, what a shit-show NISA's handling of the whole thing was... No more of thisu shitto again, Falcom !)

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
It looks dull compared to Lacrimosa of Dana but it's Ys so automatically instabuy. Would love it if Falcom shakes it up a bit though in future installments, kinda like Tales of Arise seemingly breathing new life into a veteran series that's gone on for too long without new ideas.

It looks dull compared to Lacrimosa of Dana but it's Ys so automatically instabuy. Would love it if Falcom shakes it up a bit though in future installments, kinda like Tales of Arise seemingly breathing new life into a veteran series that's gone on for too long without new ideas.
I don't know anything about YS IX and am a somewhat newcomer to the series. What makes you say it looks dull?

ranmafan

The Ys IX news is great for western gamers for sure, it’s a fun game. But I’m excited about what was said about possible rereleases of the trails fc,sc, and 3rd games and maybe even Nayuta. I’ve bought them too many times but it would be nice to have all the games in one place if possible console wise.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
What makes you say it looks dull?

It looks a step backward from Ys VIII, especially in terms of story and setting, but even the graphics and gameplay seem inferior to its predecessor. Ys IX just doesn't look all that fun compared to other games in the series. But this is just based on a couple of short gameplay clips I've seen. I love Ys so I hope IX delivers, which it usually does since the franchise generally has a high standard.

It looks a step backward from Ys VIII, especially in terms of story and setting, but even the graphics and gameplay seem inferior to its predecessor. Ys IX just doesn't look all that fun compared to other games in the series. But this is just based on a couple of short gameplay clips I've seen. I love Ys so I hope IX delivers, which it usually does since the franchise generally has a high standard.
That's a shame, I'll still check it out when it does finally show up though, had too much fun with VIII not too!

SantaC

Gold Member
I heard reports that the game is just as good.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna wait for a sale on this one. Looks like a step back from Dana in every way possible.

kingbean

Give it to meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I loved Y's VIII and I want more.

Hope it comes to PC in better shape than 8 did originally.

Shiken

Probably a long shot but would love a multiplat release including Switch!

Switch is not a long shot for games like this, it already has VIII. It might be a late port however, but odds are it will come to Switch within a year after the western release.

lachesis

I'm hearing that it's not as well told (story wise) nor graphically advanced from the previous Ys 8 (which wasn't greatest thing to begin with), but being able to use the special abilities does make the game play & exploring very enjoyable. As per the PS2-3 era gfx for Falcom, I'm rather torn. I've been a fan since MSX days, and Ys is one of my favorite franchise - so I'll be getting it no matter what just to see what Adol's up to... but I've learned to accept it as it is. Hope it would get here soon!

gtrwll

Great news, Ys VIII was a nice surprise for a newcomer to the series, what a great game it turned out to be. Really looking forward ro this!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
There was never any real doubt, but I'm glad to have confirmation. I haven't heard anything from my contacts at the various potential studios yet, so I dunno who's handling it... guess I should ask around.

Top Bottom