• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo France "hard at work on Shin Megami Tensei 4's localization"

Jubern

French Nintendo honcho Stéphane Bole gave an interview for the web version of a major French publication (LeFigaro.fr), in which he talks about sales in France and various stuff.

What caught my attention is that right after he mentions how Bravely Default sold 60 000 units in France (a respectable number), he mentions that they are "hard at work on the French translation of Shin Megami Tensei, another Japanese RPG".

So there you have it, IIRC this is the first time we've heard any thing about SMT IV's EU release.
Nintendo seems to be handling all duties on SMT IV in Europe, which kind of explain the delay but likely ensures this will be a quality release for everyone (and not only English-speaking people).

Full interview (in French), kudos to Chloé Woitier:
http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high...kart-8-va-relancer-les-ventes-de-la-wii-u.php

L~A

Nintendo France doesn't localise anything. It's all done by Nintendo of Europe. Nintendo France is just for marketting and advertising.

But cool news!

receipts.gif

But at least they're fully translating the game for other European countries so that's excusable for the delay.

Jackano

He also states that NFC is used in Smash Bros for Wii U. First time we heard it (from an official RP)?!

Oh, cool for SMT.

Yuuichi

Maybe if Europe is lucky, they'll get it in another year or so!

I live in the US and I'm so sorry (*´ω`*)

Jinko

Maybe it could be Persona Q ?

Maybe if Europe is lucky, they'll get it in another year or so!

I live in the US and I'm so sorry (*´ω`*)

Once in a blue moon we do get stuff before you guys, It's wonderful to watch the tears from a distance isn't it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Ok, let's hope it's out in the second half of this year, then. It was announced more than one year ago, still waiting >_>

Stuart444

So, over a year since it's initial EU announcement and they have only just started working on it this year? (or at least I assume they have since last time we heard anything, someone from Atlus I think said they were still negotiating it)

Absolutely lovely...

Peff

Hopefully the next Direct will be the one... at least it won't be DL.only if it's NoE.

Fun fact: tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the Japanese release.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow at Bravely Default selling 600 in French alone, awesome.

DarkTom

Something else that I saw is that when he talks about the Nintendo 3DS games, he says that Super Smash Bros will be out in October (the last Direct said Summer).

MLH

It's nice for someone at Nintendo to acknowledge the game, I'm guessing multi5 language options have really slowed things down.

I was really pissed that we didn't get any news for over a year, an explanation like this is really appreciated, I can wait if they are putting the effort into multiple languages - just don't leave us with radio silence.

Fularu

Banned
I hope there won't be any translation error like "sortir dehors" which I found within 30 seconds of playing ALBW.

Zelda's translation was terrible, I hope they improve on it.

Joqu

Not too happy about the silent treatment we've been getting so far but I'm glad to hear it's still happening. I don't really mind the wait as long as I know it's still coming.

Those are some respectable numbers for Bravely Default too. I remember them not being too hot over here so the game must have some legs.

Both Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Rune factory 4 should have been released here.
Doubt Rune factory 4 will make it over ,but it's nice news for Shin Megami Tensei 4 if true.

gngf123

Both Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Rune factory 4 should have been released here.
Doubt Rune factory 4 will make it over ,but it's nice news for Shin Megami Tensei 4 if true.

Sorry to tell you this, but RF4 Europe has already been confirmed to be cancelled.

L~A

Not too happy about the silent treatment we've been getting so far but I'm glad to hear it's still happening. I don't really mind the wait as long as I know it's still coming.

Those are some respectable numbers for Bravely Default too. I remember them not being too hot over here so the game must have some legs.

Bravely Default also had severe shortages (at least in France), so...

And the silent treatment... nothing they could do, really. Also, I believe someone from Atlus said there were some trouble with the licencing part (no idea if accurate or not).

The delay and the silence stink, but if it's at least still coming that's good news.

If it's digital only after all this i will be pissed though.

Top Bottom