• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is in that Titan inspiration pic? Master Chief, some 40k guy and a mech from Patlabor?

Im not sure. They didn't say what its from either during the panel. They did say anime was a big influence though.

Coolest thing was how Destiny originally looked.

y2I72FWh.jpg

bDqVesdh.jpg

zdzKMDah.jpg

Rii0gnAh.jpg

I am very happy with the direction they went with though.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I really don't understand this way of thinking. If you like Halo you like Bungie. Why would you not want them to succeed?
They must have lost hope in Bungie and gone to 343i, begging on their knees, desperate for attention.

And 343i responded with a whisper: "We have no actual idea of what we're doing..."

Im not sure. They didn't say what its from either during the panel. They did say anime was a big influence though.

y2I72FWh.jpg

bDqVesdh.jpg

zdzKMDah.jpg

Rii0gnAh.jpg

This is when i first fell in love with their mythic sci-fi direction. I hope the first area made it into the game.

Gaz_RB

y2I72FWh.jpg

bDqVesdh.jpg

zdzKMDah.jpg

Rii0gnAh.jpg

Absolutely stunning. I wouldn't mind a few of those printed and framed.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

y2I72FWh.jpg

bDqVesdh.jpg

zdzKMDah.jpg

Rii0gnAh.jpg

i hope they start to lean towards "mythic" at some point in an expansion, that looks so good

that swamp thing titan 😍

Man, I hope we can get snow tigers in Destiny! :eek:

I remember that concept art. I like that general vibe a lot better, but Bungie is doing a good job with there sci-fi universe as well, so I'm still happy. xD

SnakeEyes

Banned
Man, I hope we can get snow tigers in Destiny! :eek:

I remember that concept art. I like that general vibe a lot better, but Bungie is doing a good job with there sci-fi universe as well, so I'm still happy. xD
Hunting Snow Tigers on Pluto, so that Hunters and have new cloaks and Warlocks can have new Trench Coats? I'm in.

Jafo_

I have a question, we are always hearing "The Darkness is returning" in game, is it just a metaphor pertaining to all the enemies, or is it an actual race we will need to defend our self against? I think it's the latter, while viewing the old 2013 GDC Destiny video this was shown:
destiny-c.png

5 races

the%2520darkness.png

Here is another artist rendering "post card", that makes me believe that The Darkness is an actual race we will confront, sometime
the_darkness.png

Or am I just nucking futs

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have a question, we are always hearing "The Darkness is returning" in game, is it just a metaphor pertaining to all the enemies, or is it an actual race we will need to defend our self against? I think it's the latter, while viewing the old 2013 GDC Destiny video this was shown:
destiny-c.png
The Darkness is a physical being (well, as physical as black smoke can be) like the Traveller, and the enemy races are powered by the Darkness. And aren't those Triangle ships Vex ships?

I have a question, we are always hearing "The Darkness is returning" in game, is it just a metaphor pertaining to all the enemies,

I do believe that the darkness is an enemy we have not seen yet. That pic with the pyramid spaceships sounded like it was in the final game, but they "were not allowed to talk about that yet".

Jafo_

The Darkness is a physical being (well, as physical as black smoke can be) like the Traveller, and the enemy races are powered by the Darkness. And aren't those Triangle ships Vex ships?

Ok that cool, but the triangle ships are in the black smoke frame.

zlatko

Banned
I'm glad to see Titan is the least popular. I sort of avoided Hunter for this reason.

I just want to shoulder check and smash fools already. :(

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So, I preordered for both consoles. I got two codes to enter for the beta, and did that. Both of my accounts link to one email address. It looks like because of my lack of foresight to link one of the console accounts to different email addresses, I must choose which console to get a beta code for since Bungie's beta site asks me to login and pick my platform.

I did it first for PS4. I did it again for Xbox one, and my Bungie profile changed the PS4 platform choice to the Xbox One platform, not realize I own both consoles and entered a preorder code for both, and show I'm eligible for one beta code for both consoles. Bah!!

Most of my friends will be playing the Xbox One beta, one of my friends owns both like me, and will likely join out other friends in the Xbox One beta and buy the game for that system, so, I'll have to beta on Xbox One if I'm forced to choose. I HATE that I may lose out on playing on the PS4 a week before Xbox One because of a technicality.

This is more of a warning for those preordering for both systems and linking everything to one email address.

Maybe someone will later be kind and I'll get a spare PS4 code.

Nursezero

Oh no! Jedi was an inspiration for Warlock? Man, I was gonna run full Titan as I did in the Alpha build, but now I'll dabble with Warlock a bit. Good thing there are multiple character slots. I will main Titan for retail though. Shielded sprint into tiger knee seems rad. Although, Warlock's hadouken is pretty cool too.

Dax apparently painstakingly chisels her data straight on to the HD.

True gamer right there.

Edit: This was going to be funnier but Dax already gave a rational explanation for her connection woes.

I'll just step out now.

Got an email from Bungie telling me to choose my platform. I choose it, confirm it again and then I just get a blue and white line across the screen. I don't even know if its gone though properly.

moonbox

Banned

Xbox One Marketplace...

Size: 12.63GB
Release date:7/24/2014
Players: 1-1/Xbox One, 1-16/Xbox Live Gold

Welcome to the Destiny Beta, a sampling of activities you'll find in the final experience on 9/9/2014. Destiny is the next evolution of the first-person action genre that combines an unprecedented combination of storytelling, cooperative, and competitive modes, with in-depth character creation and a huge variety of weapons, armor, and abilities. Create a character. Take it into every mode. Venture out into the world alone, or play with friends in search of action and adventure. The Destiny Beta does not represent final code. Players may experience bugs and incomplete features. Thanks for helping us pave the way to Destiny's launch on September 9th, 2014. We hope you have a blast!

wish theyd let everybody preload. probably gonna take me a couple hours. It took me 3 hours to get my PS4 set up and updated and another hour to download the alpha before i could play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom