• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Looks like I dodged a bullet there.

This! Holy shit. Dodged that shit like The Matrix lol.
giphy.gif

Raitningz

I noticed a drop in the CGI quality, I see some pixels during motion.

And also there are some weird FPS drops during CGI... Why?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ugh...those compression artifacts and macroblocking...PS3 version def don't look like that on a TV....

For those complaining about no button prompts, you have to manually select it in the settings:
4BE2E552CB090D4DB0B445080EFFB889B432F956

The port's so stupid though that every time you restart the game you have to reselect the option.

This is a lazier port than even the original PC release of FF7 or even any of the android ports of FF3 or 4.

Plus, if anybody still needs confirmation whether it's 720p or not, take a look at that screenshot's resolution.

Robin64

Anyone dug around in the ini files yet?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SaveData xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<window_mode>1</window_mode>

<voice_mode>1</voice_mode>

<confirm_mode>true</confirm_mode>

</SaveData>

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I might of missed this in the thread already but who's idea was it to make ESC instantly quit the game with no confirmation?
GENIUS, SQUARE! GENIUS!

uXtuO8x.jpg

Aramiyo

Banned
What's the point of include uncompressed cutscenes and taking up loads of space if the actual game looks garbage in comparison?

Skyzard

Banned
The game was $15, hardly a massive crime all things considered.

Also to Nvidia users, please make sure to force "maximum performance" in your Control Panel for Power Management Options. I was getting 30-60fps spikes everywhere until I noticed my GTX 780 was sitting at 450Mhz (1100Mhz normally) clock speed. The GPU sits at 45C as well so this game is hardly that taxing, just make sure to force that and some AF from the control panel as well (looks a lot better).

Hmm I don't see power management options in the nvidia control panel...

Are you on a laptop?

Or do you mean the power options in windows control panel:

What's the point of include uncompressed cutscenes and taking up loads of space if the actual game looks garbage in comparison?

They aren't uncompressed. They take up so much space because it's not just the full blown CGI cutscenes that are pre-rendered. A lot of the in game cutscenes are as well. On top of that there's also the dual audio, and because the lip syncing is different for English and Japanese, they essentially have to include two of everything.

Top Bottom