• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

So realistically what are the natures I need on my group of synchronise ralts?

Because fuck breeding all 25 of them.
I think it should be jolly, timid, naive, hasty, adamant, modest, calm, bold and careful.
Happy National Streetpass weekend! I got it trolling a Best Buy on Saturday.

Just caught Kyogre, think I woke a neighbour up when I caught Kyogre on a Quick Ball... and oh crap, my mild ADD is kicking in. "Oooh, I can get all these Mega Stones. Oooh, New Mauville and Sea Mauville are open. Oooh, the island where the Musketeers are is open"...
Wait what? You caught it with a quick ball? Amazing!

lupinko

It depends on what you want, but just do everything but the neutrals, lax and gentle.

Many of the legendaries use mixed natures (Rayquaza, Deoxys N/A/S, Kami trio, Kyurem, Zekrom, Palkia, Giratina, etc.).

Caladrius

You're not going to use any of the neutral natures, ever.
Natures that deduct from speed are only good for Trick Room sets, so ignore those if you have no interest in those.

Offense and Defense natures of all kinds are needed, so you're still going to need at least 16 or so ralts.

backlot

Adamant, Jolly, Timid and Modest are all pretty common. Bold, Calm, Impish and Careful for defensive Pokemon. If you're going after mixed attackers like Cosplay Pikachu you'll probably wan't Naive. Brave, Relaxed, Quiet, and Sassy if you're trying to get a Trick Room Pokemon. You probably won't need the other natures.

one_kill

I went to the Eon Ticket event here in Sydney with my wife. Lots of people went. I was pretty disappointed I didn't know how StreetPass worked so I missed out on getting puzzle pieces. It's OK though since I don't really care for it, but I just wanted to be part of the experience.

The numbers, Mason!

C8ClBRol.jpg

Grats! I've had a homepass set up and haven't been able to get it for the past few days now.

Nope, it's actually way easier than X if you want to believe it or not.
I found them to be around the same difficulty. XY just took a lot longer and felt really drawn out.

I only turn the Exp. Share on when I'm getting underleveled though.
So I'm trying to make a battlespot team. What should I be going for? I'm assuming Mega Salamence is a must.
Figure out a way to deal with other Mega Salamence and then work from there.

Crayolan

Nope, it's actually way easier than X if you want to believe it or not.

I never played XY without the exp share but I have a hard time believing this is easier than that. I mean at least in this game there're more than 2 battles where trainers use megas against you, the gym leaders are willing to use more than 3 pokemon, and the elite 4 actually uses 5 pokemon.

Azuran

Banned
I never played XY without the exp share but I have a hard time believing this is easier than that. I mean at least in this game there're more than 2 battles where trainers use megas against you, the gym leaders are willing to use more than 3 pokemon, and the elite 4 actually uses 5 pokemon.

But this game has more experience going around with rematches and DexNav, Also, trainers are lower in level overall. The E4 in XY was reaching the 70s which is a lot of experience to grind if you played without exp share like I did.

Crayolan

But this game has more experience going around with rematches and DexNav, Also, trainers are lower in level overall. The E4 in XY was reaching the 70s which is a lot of experience to grind if you played without exp share like I did.

I don't really count those cause I never used either of those (terrible reasoning I know). Does anyone actually go out of their way to do every trainer rematch though? Those kind of things just seem like the equivalent of grinding to me, which of course would make the game easier.

So why does Norman act surprised that Wally's all grown up if when you first enter the gym, it shows that Wally already beat him.

Also wow, Gamefreak. I think kids would remember how to get back to Mauville Mall from Petalburg. Way to not even give me an option of warping me there.

Corgi

Banned
so people that beat it.

How does it hold up compare to previous games in terms of difficulty balance (I'll probably be playing with exp share on), content, music.

Gen 3 is the only pokemon series i've never beaten because I didn't have a gba at the time and it looked pretty underwhelming graphics wise and content wise vs gold/silver.

Favorite pokeman games are gen2 ds remakes, and X2Y2 for difficulty and the weirdly mature story. Besides being the first game with 3d visuals, I was pretty disappointed with XY in terms of difficulty (gym leaders/e4 need more pokemon), and technical performance.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just caught 15 Ralts with synchronize preparing for Delta Episode. No Jolly nature for Rayquaza yet :/

I'm half considering lonely, since I'm never going to use it in multi anyways, lol.

Also wow, Gamefreak. I think kids would remember how to get back to Mauville Mall from Petalburg. Way to not even give me an option of warping me there.

IIRC, you get the option when warping comes up later (it happens 2-3 more times, can't recall exactly which).

Crayolan

so people that beat it.

How does it hold up compare to previous games in terms of difficulty balance (I'll probably be playing with exp share on), content, music.

Gen 3 is the only pokemon series i've never beaten because I didn't have a gba at the time and it looked pretty underwhelming graphics wise and content wise vs gold/silver.

Favorite pokeman games are gen2 ds remakes, and X2Y2 for difficulty and the weirdly mature story. Besides being the first game with 3d visuals, I was pretty disappointed with XY in terms of difficulty (gym leaders/e4 need more pokemon), and technical performance.

Wat

Assuming you typoed and meant your favorite games are HGSS and BW2, so are mine, so maybe I'll be able to give you a good idea of what you're looking for?

In terms of difficulty balance, the balance doesn't account for exp share, mega evolutions, dexnav special moves, or basically any gen 6 additions. So don't use any of those if you want any semblance of a challenge at all. Also don't use any traded pokemon (this includes the mystery gift Beldum) as those get boosted exp and will become overleveled quickly. Assuming you use none of these the balance is still not great, especially since bosses use their easier RS teams instead of their more difficult Emerald teams, but it becomes better around the point where you fight your version exclusive legendary.

As for quantity of content it's okay, better than XY. The main game is as long as any pokemon game, but once you finish the main story events the game really opens up and you can go legendary hunting and do some cool sidequests before you even head to the Elite 4. After the E4, you also have the Delta Episode which is great albeit short, and then in the post post-game you have the Battle Maison which is exactly the same as in XY and a bunch of new move tutors. There isn't as big of a diversity of pokemon available in Hoenn as in Kalos though, so that might be a negative for you.

As for quality of content it's great IMO, they improved the Hoenn region in a lot of ways, especially the water sections with lots of small details and little additions like underwater trainer battles. The only bad additions to the game are the new Mauville, which they could have handled better to make it fit in with the region, even more team Aqua/Magma fights, which start to get repetitive after a while due to their low diversity in pokemon, and some unnecessary hand holding, which is for the most part unobtrusive.

Music-wise the remixes vary from "they didn't do much to improve this song, but it was a decent song to begin with so whatever" (ex: Trainer Battle Theme, Gym Leader Theme) to "Holy fuck this amazing" (ex: Team Leader Battle Theme/Steven Encounter Theme). And every original composition for this game is fantastic, in fact most of my favorite songs in this game are the brand new ones.

Yrael

Interesting bit of trivia involving a character in the Delta Episode:

Zinnia is a name for a flower that belongs in the family Asteraceae and subfamily Asteroideae.

Has anyone found a vaguely efficient way to DexNav/chain in caves/water? I spent 4 super repels in Granite Cave and only managed to DexNav 3 Abra.

FSLink

Banned
Got pretty lucky today.
"Oh, cool, you can search for specific Pokemon using this DexNav thing? Let me try it on Ralts..."

I'll probably edit the nature later for Gallade since I already got a shiny Gardevoir. >___>;

Started this over the weekend. Having skipped the last two Pokémon entries, all these new additions and refinements I'm seeing are all very cool and welcome. I'm attempting to do one of those arbitrary rules Nuzlocke runs. Nothing fancy or overly hard, but mostly stuff to add a little bit more challenge and variation to how I'd normally play. Playing blind, faint = death, only allowed to catch and use female mons and no catching more than one of each species. It's going slow, as you might expect, but I'm having fun. The death rule makes critical hits scare the pants off me. I've had one too many close encounters where I unexpectedly went in the red. The biggest change I'm noticing in this run, is that I seem to make better use of my items this time around.

Mush

Got pretty lucky today.
"Oh, cool, you can search for specific Pokemon using this DexNav thing? Let me try it on Ralts..."

I'll probably edit the nature later for Gallade since I already got a shiny Gardevoir. >___>;
How are you screen capping this?

lupinko

I just redeemed the rest of my dlc.

Pokemon with You Charity Gift Shiny Jirachi

Gw6A6AQl.jpg

wGoeHqdl.jpg

And kinda pointless items from pokemon scrap, Shaymin, Keldeo and Victini are from the same promo.

aC8TG7Ul.jpg

I'm going to see if the other items from my second set can be redeemed on the same save. I won't do the pokemon because I want them on one of my carts in Japanese.

Edit: Nope, can't redeem the items twice so that means everything once per save.

Shun

Man I would give away my Regenerator Ho-Oh, Multiscale Lugia, Telepathy Dialga/Palkia/Giratina for a Tanabata Jirachi with IVs/Nature. Everyone I know are in Sapporo and Meguro and couldn't get the Tanabata one. Moonblast + Serene Grace... Man...

I got all the Dream Radar ones.

I'd even contemplate giving away my Shiny Shaymin from Platinum for a Movie Diancie with good nature.

Seems like Victini and Celebi are the only ones you can't get Shiny atm.

lupinko

Man I would give away my Regenerator Ho-Oh, Multiscale Lugia, Telepathy Dialga/Palkia/Giratina for a Tanabata Jirachi with IVs/Nature.

I got all the Dream Radar ones.

I'd even contemplate giving away my Shiny Shaymin from Platinum for a Movie Diancie with good nature.

Seems like Victini and Celebi are the only ones you can't get Shiny atm.

Those are tempting, but the Tanabata Jirachis I farmed over the summer are all being stored for future Event trades. Also I already have a method of farming Dream Radar.

Victini, Meloetta, Arceus* and Celebi cannot be shiny.

*Flute was never released so Shiny Arceus doesn't count and iirc is blocked by Bank like glitched shiny Wishmaker Jirachi.

Ageto Celebi apparently can't be shiny, this is after all the research put into it. Only time Celebi was shiny was in Gen 2.

Bleeether

Anyone have a Tornadus they can hook me up with?

I'll be online for the next hour. Pm me with your FC and i will do the same.

Thanks!

Shun

Those are tempting, but the Tanabata Jirachis I farmed over the summer are all being stored for future Event trades. Also I already have a method of farming Dream Radar.

Victini, Meloetta, Arceus* and Celebi cannot be shiny.

*Flute was never released so Shiny Arceus doesn't count and iirc is blocked by Bank like glitched shiny Wishmaker Jirachi.

Ageto Celebi apparently can't be shiny, this is after all the research put into it. Only time Celebi was shiny was in Gen 2.

Oh yeah I forgot about Arceus and Meloetta.

I'm also sad that V-Create Rayquaza and the Dream Radar Pokemon can't be shiny.

What I would do for a Shiny Mega Rayquaza with V-Create, Dragon Acension/Outrage, Extremespeed, and Dragon Dance.

Edit: Nevermind, they're giving away Christmas Party Jirachi. I'll probably get that next month. Completely forgot that started today.

lupinko

Thank you for the fast trade !

:D

You're welcome again.

Oh yeah I forgot about Arceus and Meloetta.

I'm also sad that V-Create Rayquaza and the Dream Radar Pokemon can't be shiny.

What I would do for a Shiny Mega Rayquaza with V-Create, Dragon Acension/Outrage, Extremespeed, and Dragon Dance.

Edit: Nevermind, they're giving away Christmas Party Jirachi. I'll probably get that next month. Completely forgot that started today.

Yeah that's what that pic is of. I'll see what it has to see if it's different from Tanabata 2014. Note, you only get one per purchase, and it's not based on number of charity bands bought. I bought two and I only got one code.

But I couldn't decide which band anyway and it's for charity, and I already farmed over 100 during the summer.

Edit: I forgot about Keldeo, pretty sure he can't be shiny either.

You're welcome again.

Yeah that's what that pic is of. I'll see what it has to see if it's different from Tanabata 2014. Note, you only get one per purchase, and it's not based on number of charity bands bought. I bought two and I only got one code.

But I couldn't decide which band anyway and it's for charity, and I already farmed over 100 during the summer.

I really should watch Pokemon news and events more carefully. I am still annoyed at myself for losing my SD card with my XY game/save data so any sort of boost is nice.
Getting a shiny Jirachi woulda been cool!

I am determined to get another shiny honedge though, so I need to figure out a way to get some good breeding stock.

Shun

You're welcome again.

Yeah the minute I saw 色違いのジラーチ and a shiny Jirachi, I mistakenly assumed that it was Tanabata Jirachi. Then I realized that was months ago and remembered they were doing another one of these for Pokemon for you.

I think both of them are the same other than the OT and the Wonder Card. The bands are nice and it's great that they're doing it for Tohoku with Ashinaga and Save the Children.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At the very least, the game is actually generous enough to give you treasure which you found. For a moment I thought all those nuggets won't be given to me.

Linius

Reading trough this page a bit I understand that Pokémon with synchronize make it much easier to find a Pokémon with the right nature. Given that you have synchronizers of the nature you're looking for of course. I know my Ralts is a synchronizer, have to look up her nature though. So if I decide to breed that Ralts, the baby's will have synchronize too? And then I just need to hope they have the nature I'm looking for I guess. Please correct me if I'm wrong :p

Top Bottom