• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT| True Potential of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of D

Oh yeah, this happened earlier as well.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01mla36.jpg

Will attempt to upload a video soon but I just had some Wii Fit Trainer vs Wii Fit Trainer matches with a guy on reddit and they are the most ridiculous, funny and weird fights I've ever had. Header spikes, Up-B wall spikes, 10 second strings of dodging/blocking everything because we know the character so well... comebacks, fencing, fighting, torture, poison, true love, hate, revenge, giants, hunters, bad men, good men, beautifulest ladies, snakes, spiders, beasts of all natures and descriptions, pain, death, brave men, coward men, strongest men, chases, escapes, lies, truths, passion, miracles... these fights had it all. Why she is so underused I will never know.

I was looking through my stats and noticed that there's actually a stat for number of times drowned. I didn't even know that was possible. There's only one stage in this entire game with water, right? I went to Delfino Plaza with bad luck Luigi to try drowning for the first time and there's practically no way to unintentionally drown ;b Interesting how they spent time to make swimming animations and whatnot just for that one level. Useless stat though ;b

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
His ground counter can be dodged unless they use the quick counter, which has a shorter range.

Air counter can be dodged always.

Oh I just get annoyed when I see any character with a counter Special. Pretty much go into grab attack mode. Or run Meta Knight.

jnWake

I was looking through my stats and noticed that there's actually a stat for number of times drowned. I didn't even know that was possible. There's only one stage in this entire game with water, right? I went to Delfino Plaza with bad luck Luigi to try drowning for the first time and there's practically no way to unintentionally drown ;b Interesting how they spent time to make swimming animations and whatnot just for that one level. Useless stat though ;b

You can drown in the Wuhu Island one too.

wrongway

Hoo boy. Got my Wii U and Smash about a week ago, but only now getting around to really playing... I hope they add some actual skill-based matchmaking for sake of newbies like me. So many people online are scary good. D:

4-player For Fun is a riot though. Good goofy fun and most of my games of it have had little to no lag, even when playing with JP players.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Edited: Sorry about double posts.

Been meaning to say if the Wii U game gets data mined is there going to be a new topic about all the possible secrets that might be within?

Someone said that the music remix might made by fans. It's more likely that someone would make a new thread based on Wii U secrets.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm thinking what Sakurai meant about Mewtwo beginning production was maybe they started making Amiibo's for him. I kinda doubt they waited until now to start actually working on him as a character. Wouldn't make sense with all his "a new character would take much time up to a year to complete".

Where did you find it? did anyone cracked it yet?

HCS, game got dumped today and I'm working on a gamerip with a couple other people.

Miiverse will have Wii Shop Channel, Mario Paint Medley, Nintendo Land, Mii Channel, Tomodachi Life and the 2 Find Mii songs. Ashley's Song Ver. 2 is also in the dump, although I don't know which version the dump came from.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
HCS, game got dumped today and I'm working on a gamerip with a couple other people.

Miiverse will have Wii Shop Channel, Mario Paint Medley, Nintendo Land, Mii Channel, Tomodachi Life and the 2 Find Mii songs. Ashley's Song Ver. 2 is also in the dump, although I don't know which version the dump came from.

Apparently Ashley V2 is a Japan Only track.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

now I'm curious to see if anything got cut at last minutes.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I made a few stages today and had CPUs battle each other. You can make some really messed up stuff, like this:

smashstagen7j57.png

Another stage I made is so narrow that some larger characters (Bowser, Charizard etc.) clip through the stage and are continuously hurt by the lava on the upper platform. It's like in the image above, but the height of the stage is much lower. Perfectly playable though, it's not a closed stage by any means (even the one in the image can be escaped).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom