• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How likely is the uncharted collection?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
What I suspect is happening is this:
Naughty Dog turned over the engine that is running the PS4 version of TLoU to Bluepoint where they would likely port the UC assets over to that engine.

Relatively straight forward port job and not the massive manpower undertaking that some people are whining about. Of course that is par for the course when it comes to remaster/redux collections.

xrnzaaas

My guess is 50/50. Sony will probably want to release the collection, Naughty Dog on the other hand might not be so interested since they'd have to work on three games and Uncharted 1 will probably need A LOT of remastering (I assume they won't do shitty ports with slightly improved graphics).

Mikey Jr.

I wonder if it will be UC 1-3 or just UC1 or something like that.

I wonder because of the God of War remaster just including 3, and gears of war just being the first one.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That didn't stop God of War 3 from being the best selling title in the series.

I feel like 3 full Uncharted games months before a 4th would tire people out, assuming U4 is an April release. If it was a lowkey release like HD collections were last-gen it'd be fine, but if it's a big marquee title for the holiday (which it probably won't be, cuz NMS) then it'll be a bit weird. I would expect Sony's marketing team to handle that with finesse though.
This is such a silly argument. The Uncharted games are very short and each game can easily be completed in a weekend. Hardly enough to wear people out on them such that they wouldn't buy UC4.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
This is such a silly argument. The Uncharted games are very short and each game can easily be completed in a weekend. Hardly enough to wear people out on them such that they wouldn't buy UC4.

And probably makes UC4 a more likely purchase for those who jumped ship from only having a 360 and/or Wii last gen to PS4 this go around. Anecdotal, but I have a couple of friends in that boat hoping for ports as they're hesitant to jump into a story heavy series with the fourth installment.

Hoje0308

Banned
It's not up to ND and I doubt they even care. Other developers have worked on Uncharted games in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

Agreed, and his notion of forever is very strange as well. Didn't the whole process last like 7 or 8 months? That's pretty damn fast for a small team.

I would love it to happen, also 3 more platinum trophies for me if they do. But i fear for my control having to do the train and final boss fights on uncharted 2 again in crushing. 1 & 3 were quite easy.

And getting to play the co-op and mp again.

Jawmuncher

I dunno now after what they're doing with GOW3 for 40. Could see them doing just 2 title for 60. Then another collection later on for the same price. Which would be 3 and a reworked Golden Abyss.

I wonder if it will be UC 1-3 or just UC1 or something like that.

I wonder because of the God of War remaster just including 3, and gears of war just being the first one.

I can't speak for Gears, can't really speak for GoW either but I'm guessing because GoW 1 and 2 are PS2 games they would have to put far more work into it. I still think it's kind of silly to release 3 to newcomers though. They should have started with 1 like gears.

I definitely think Uncharted will be all three though.

t26

Santa Monica has trouble with porting 2 God of Wars games to PS4 and had to settle with just God of War 3 first. MS is likely only remastering just Gears of War 1. Don't see how they can get all 3 games without another MCC situation.

Fbh

Between the fact that they are lacking games for this year and the fact that they probably want to generate more hype for Uncharted 4 and give new playstation users (people that didn't own a Ps3) a chance to catch up with the franchise I think there is a good chance.

I'm more worried about the pricing though. Sony has been pretty terrible in that regard.
TLOU was one remastered game for $50, Gow3 is going to be one remastered game for $40. Following that pricing logic I don't see them releasing the whole uncharted trilogy for $60.
I'm afraid we might see some weird hybrid or something: The cutscenes of UC1, The full remastered single player of U2 and the full remastered multiplayer of UC3 or some crap like that

VMAN01

Santa Monica has trouble with porting 2 God of Wars games to PS4 and had to settle with just God of War 3 first. MS is likely only remastering just Gears of War 1. Don't see how they can get all 3 games without another MCC situation.

Were the main issues with MCC mainly multiplayer/online?

Forkball

Wasn't this already leaked? Or am I imagining things?

They could probably get away with releasing U2 and U3 individually. The first game is a harder sell though, so maybe a bundle is the best way to go.

I think that the games are too custom and too heavily optimised for PS3 for this kind of thing to be a cost effective move.

It's like the Jak and Daxter collection last gen, it technically worked, but it was a massive struggle for the developers to get it running on PS3 with good performance in HD.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Multiple Blu-Ray discs?

That's right, wasn't each of the games like 40 or 50 GB? Well, at least the 2nd and 3rd games? I could see them doing one disc and a couple of DL vouchers (I would pass as I'd want everything on disc)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think that the games are too custom and too heavily optimised for PS3 for this kind of thing to be a cost effective move.

It's like the Jak and Daxter collection last gen, it technically worked, but it was a massive struggle for the developers to get it running on PS3 with good performance in HD.

I don't think that makes much sense considering that TLoU and GOW3 were two of the most technically impressive games on PS3 and they both got remastered. In fact, by your logic, Uncharted games should be easier to remaster than TLoU because surely TLoU was the most custom/optimized game using Naughty Dog's PS3 engine.

Also, Jak and Daxter might have had bad ports, but GOW 1, 2, CoO and GoS are among the best remasters ever made, and again, those games were technical showpieces for their original platforms.

Falchion

Skipping Uncharted 3 altogether hngggggggggg

MCt5KNQ.gif

Whaaaaaaaat? Uncharted 3 was so good.

I hope there is an option to buy them separately as digital downloads. I just want to play the third one, which I missed out on after my PS3 died.

Also Ni No Kuni please

Pooya

and he's saying now Fallout 4 is crossgen.
reddit leaker guy said the same thing...

Probably the new thing, same goes for CoD, they just refrain from marketing them until close to launch, bam here it is.

LiamR

and he's saying now Fallout 4 is crossgen.
reddit leaker guy said the same thing...

Probably the new thing, same goes for CoD, they just refrain from marketing them until close to launch, bam here it is.

Yep.

Another thing: they tried to get a pip boy collectible for the special edition with certain retail partners, but that hasn't come together so far.

Top Bottom