• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I didn't expect you to respond. I just want you to reflect on your decisions.

To borrow a YNNNY-ism:

>:C

Ourobolus

Banned
I didn't expect you to respond. I just want you to reflect on your decisions.

To borrow a YNNNY-ism:

>:C

ks8ls.gif

I am convinced by Haly, Cabbeh, and YnNnY. I am willing to lynch El Topo. But I would rather do it tomorrow, after we have put El Topo on a mission with EZ, because
1) his bulletproof claim in general
2) his vitriolic reaction to my attempt to test it
3) his preference to just kill El Topo now instead of isolating him in a room with Ezekel to verify his bulletproof claim (and then give more, but not absolute, credence to his alignment)
are all making me very nervous, and I will never trust him until he lets us verify it or tells us who he actually is, because he is obviously not bulletproof.

cabot

I still don't think you'll get a situation where the mission will be just Ezekel and Topo, and theres no reason for Topo just to stir some shit and shoot another person on the mission

cabot

I still don't think you'll get a situation where the mission will be just Ezekel and Topo, and theres no reason for Topo just to stir some shit and shoot another person on the mission

theres no reason for Topo not to just stir some shit and shoot another person on the mission

one day I'll speak real good english honest!

Haly

And I doubt you'll get the mission runners to agree with it, since they all (except ER), stand to lose something by either being on the mission (killed by a uncooperative Topo) or off of it (killed by KGB when they see an opening).

I'd scrap it for now and just lynch Topo, or some inactive.

cabot

Since several people keep bringing it up yes I've been continuing to volunteer, largely because there hasn't been a very good reason for me not too. If I hadn't volunteered today we might have run the risk of losing continuity of our mission chats.

Eh, your first point for going on them makes sense, but from what you have all said it seems there's not much useful information in the mission chats.

And I doubt you'll get the mission runners to agree with it, since they all (except ER), stand to lose something by either being on the mission (killed by a uncooperative Topo) or off of it (killed by KGB when they see an opening).

I'd scrap it for now and just lynch Topo, or some inactive.
Staying on the volunteer list is bad for ISIS. EZ and Darryl's behavior is so suspect it hurts.

Why would Topo kill someone else if he is in the spotlight? For funsies? I don't believe it.

Haly

Why would Topo kill someone else if he is in the spotlight? For funsies? I don't believe it.

This is a guy who claimed triple one-shot SK/Tracker/Roleblocker on Day 3, by tying himself up in a "tell all!" on Day 2 and claimed he used his one shot kill on a target out of the blue on Day 1.

Funsies is the only way I can rationalize this behavior, really.

This is a guy who claimed triple one-shot SK/Tracker/Roleblocker on Day 3, by tying himself up in a "tell all!" on Day 2 and claimed he used his one shot kill on a target out of the blue on Day 1.

Funsies is the only way I can rationalize this behavior, really.
If you vote for him, I'll vote for him.

But deep down, Haly, I know you don't trust Ezekel after this. Listen to that voice.

Haly

I still want Possum to respond first. After that, probably Topo.

I make no promises on Ezekel but I'm thinking about it. Really, I just wish he'd play the same town game I'm familiar with rather than this new Archer gif spam Ezekel.

I am convinced by Haly, Cabbeh, and YnNnY. I am willing to lynch El Topo. But I would rather do it tomorrow, after we have put El Topo on a mission with EZ, because
1) his bulletproof claim in general
2) his vitriolic reaction to my attempt to test it
3) his preference to just kill El Topo now instead of isolating him in a room with Ezekel to verify his bulletproof claim (and then give more, but not absolute, credence to his alignment)
are all making me very nervous, and I will never trust him until he lets us verify it or tells us who he actually is, because he is obviously not bulletproof.
1 - I'm still of the mind that only KGB would be so worried about my BP claim this much.
2 - Think vitriolic is too strong of a word, but meh.
3 - As we have covered, me surviving still doesn't say anything about my alignment.

Also, your thoughts on this?
H
Essentially being another town player actually being another town player are two completely different things though. We KNOW he is unaligned. We KNOW that when he wastes his kill on me that he will be just as good as a drone basically. We dont know if he is telling the truth about his win condition.

Also on ET
He specifically says this:
I can't win if I'm dead.
Not that he can still have fun and be used by town or anything like that, but he can't win if he dies today in a lynch. This is after he agreed to take a shot at me, thus wasting his only way to kill. But he already said his win condition has to do with getting rid (I'm reading as killing) of the Cyborg.
All that's left is for me is to get rid of the Cyborg and I'm done.
So even if he did the test, he wouldnt be able to win. Maybe he is actually the HP? Would make more sense to why he would be so willing to do Kris' theory, knowing he can kill me. If he is HP maybe he made up the role about Cate Archer.

Vote: El Topo
Archer gif spam Ezekel.
I haven't even posted an Archer gif this day phase.

Essentially being another town player actually being another town player are two completely different things though. We KNOW he is unaligned. We KNOW that when he wastes his kill on me that he will be just as good as a drone basically. We dont know if he is telling the truth about his win condition.
Essentially what you've told me is that he is definitely not KGB, and that once he wastes his kill on you, he will be as dangerous to us as an ordinary drone. We need all the drones we can get.
Not that he can still have fun and be used by town or anything like that, but he can't win if he dies today in a lynch. This is after he agreed to take a shot at me, thus wasting his only way to kill. But he already said his win condition has to do with getting rid (I'm reading as killing) of the Cyborg.
You are wrong. Kill conditions means "get lynched". It doesn't matter how the target dies.
So even if he did the test, he wouldnt be able to win. Maybe he is actually the HP? Would make more sense to why he would be so willing to do Kris' theory, knowing he can kill me. If he is HP maybe he made up the role about Cate Archer.
He is honeypot, now? Ha! Hahahahahhahahahahahah!

cabot

I must admit there is a thought running in the back of my head that Topo could be the honeypot.

I mean he has a specific target to kill and his only words on it is that 'it doesn't sound like ISIS'

I would be a little shifty if I was Archer and he'd be on the mission

I must admit there is a thought running in the back of my head that Topo could be the honeypot.

I mean he has a specific target to kill and his only words on it is that 'it doesn't sound like ISIS'

I would be a little shifty if I was Archer and he'd be on the mission
He hasn't been running a campaign against Ez. He hasn't been trying to get on the mission and in fact he hasn't volunteered yet.

I think Ez is reaching.

Palmer_v1

He hasn't been running a campaign against Ez. He hasn't been trying to get on the mission and in fact he hasn't volunteered yet.

I think Ez is reaching.
He did volunteer and then unvolunteer after pressure was applied. He also wouldnt have had much time for a campaign since i was on his ass D2.

cabot

He did volunteer and then unvolunteer after pressure was applied. He also wouldnt have had much time for a campaign since i was on his ass D2.

I was right there behind you in some horrifying human centipede like ass eating session.

Oh, shit. Phrasing!

Haly

He already knew Ezekel was Archer by then, but he still volunteered. Doesn't add up. If he is the Honeypot, why is he putting himself at risk now (with the claim) for a long shot at getting Ezekel than taking the pressure on Day 2 and killing Ezekel in one fell swoop?

What changed in the night to give him balls of steel?

cabot

His last update was saying he might seek a replacement and he'd give an update early day 3....

So you know, that's not optimistic.

You are wrong. Kill conditions means "get lynched". It doesn't matter how the target dies.
Did I miss a post where he stated he can win if he lynches a Cyborg?

He is honeypot, now? Ha! Hahahahahhahahahahahah!
Do you have any proof that states otherwise? He claimed to he would reveal on Day 3, but asked for a little more time because he didn't think he would survive N2. So he didn't even bother to come up with a post revealing himself. Then when he does reveal it couldve been something he just cooked up in no time.Even when I claimed there was a HP in this game, you came at me with this

You are the only person that has any idea if Honeypot is real or not. For all I know, you went to Netflix, saw the fifth episode of the first season of Archer, and decided to give your role some credibility. The perfect storm to keep you on the missions forever.

When ET mentioned the camera is the stun gun and lipstic is track or w/e you responded with:
That level of detail makes me trust you a little more.
The same reason you used to try to say I'm lying about the HP could be used for ET's argument about what each gadget does/If they even exist. You also seem to go out of your way to try and defend him.

I'm sorry that the gun is not named Excalibur.
You are Sterling Archer but the Honeypot is just the Honeypot?

Why havent you been as critical of ET's roleclaim as you have been of mine? I think this is the only real time you have come after his claim:
...if you used only the camera, why would you have lost your camera?

Did I miss a post where he stated he can win if he lynches a Cyborg?
He said he had a target. Getting someone lynched is a way to kill a target.

Do you have any proof that states otherwise? He claimed to he would reveal on Day 3, but asked for a little more time because he didn't think he would survive N2. So he didn't even bother to come up with a post revealing himself. Then when he does reveal it couldve been something he just cooked up in no time.Even when I claimed there was a HP in this game, you came at me with this
Russell's Teapot. You cannot make up a Honeypot role and force me to prove that your scapegoat is not the boogeyman you have invented.

The same reason you used to try to say I'm lying about the HP could be used for ET's argument about what each gadget does/If they even exist. You also seem to go out of your way to try and defend him.
I am not defending ET anymore. I want to at least see if he can kill, and if he can kill you. And then I will probably vote to lynch him.

Why havent you been as critical of ET's roleclaim as you have been of mine? I think this is the only real time you have come after his claim:
Because he isn't claiming to be ISIS.

It's okay, though, Ezekel. This entire exchange between us has told me everything I need to know.

VOTE: El Topo

Hobohodo

All these long posts, my god. I'm throwing up my feelings on some ongoing points of discussion, all I can do from mobile right now.

1) The El Topo information trickle seems suspect to me, especially with the lipstick suddenly being thrown into the mix. Mascara always seemed strange to me but Kristoff suggested it may be role blocking (alluded to prostitutes in a standard theme I believe?). How many of us assumed mascara was roll block? Stun gun suggests that to me far more blatantly. Could El Topo have decided to link mascara to role blocking by calling it a stun gun after seeing Kristoffs post. Just makes him seem suspicious to me and as he is claiming neutral I don't see what we lose by lynching him.

2) Kristoffs plan involving ER and ET. When I first read it, or rather once Kris has explained the whole thing with ET shooting ER, I was very much on board and it seemed pretty clever. But as we kept going I'm not sure. Thing is the plan won't go ahead anyway as Daryll seems unwilling to give up his back up slot so it feels like a moot point now.

3) I can get behind a Septimus lynch, I just can't help but feel he is starting to purposely muddy the waters after the inverse Kreiger mistake. I mean that's been at least one misunderstanding per day now.

He said he had a target. Getting someone lynched is a way to kill a target.
That doesn't necessarilly means he wins if he happens to be on a vote to lynch them eihther.

I mentioned about why he would waste his win condition here
He says his only win condition is to get rid of a cyborg. Why would he be so willing to waste the one way to guarantee himself a win by doing this test.

He responds with

Why? Because it is absolutely clear right now that the only way I might live another day is by doing whatever you guys want me to do, by putting my powers at your command. I can't win if I'm dead.
He doesn't mention anything about another way of winning if he can't kill the cyborg. The last sentence can be read as him not telling his true win condition.

So you think he is now a Lyncher(w/e the role is that must lynch a person), Tracker, Vigilante, and Prostitute?

I am not defending ET anymore. I want to at least see if he can kill, and if he can kill you. And then I will probably vote to lynch him.
So after he tests your theory you are willing to vote him out? You posted earlier that he could be useful "even if he was a drone". You made the argument earlier that if he can shoot me, he can be useful because that someone proves he may have the other gadgets.

Because he isn't claiming to be ISIS.
You aren't being critical of his claims because he claimed third party? That makes NO sense at all. At least you admitted you dont care about whether ET is lying or not.

Ourobolus

Banned
CURRENT VOTES

Septimus Prime (1)
squidyj
Haly
Seath
cabbeh
Darryl

YesNOnoNOYes (0)
Septimus Prime

El Topo (7)
squidyj
cabbeh
Palmer_v1
Mike_Hawk689
EzekelRAGE
Darryl
YesNOnoNOYes
cabbeh
EzekelRAGE
Kristoffer
Darryl

Seath (0)
YesNOnoNOYes

Palmer_v1 (1)
Enker

TheAwesomePossum (1)
Haly
Kristoffer

Darryl (1)
Septimus Prime

Kristoffer (0)
EzekelRAGE

Haly (1)
squidyj

10 votes are needed for majority today.

Voting - TheGoddamn, Arkos, QB,AP, Maz are the ones who havent voted yet i think? I just did a quick skim

56TkCo1xn2Ycj0mZgckT.png

Going more on this. You really used alignment in your argument, so why use it now? Why use it an excuse to NOT look at someone more closely. That post makes it seem like you looked more closely at me because I claimed ISIS which was never really apart of your argument.

Hobohodo

I'm also yet to vote Ezekel. Can consider me to have a soft vote on either El Topo or Septimus if you wanna know where my vote would likely go. But I'm yet to see the point in cutting the day short by voting on ET, that and we gotta see what shenanigans he has.

El Topo

A reveal of a reveal, let's do this.

This is GAF after all.

1)
Obviously Cate Archer is not my real role. I'm pretty sure I mentioned earlier that I created cover roles before the game started and this is one of them. I thought that if I had put so much time into creating all these covers, I might as well have some fun.

By the way, thanks for shitting all over my work, Haly. Have you seen the guns they use in NOLF? I think claiming that the flavor text said "Shepard Arms P38 9mm Pistol" was even less believable. Maybe I should've gone with Pistol, eh.

The imaginary win condition? Well, I had actually attempted to hint that it might be more complex ("All that's left...") and I had entertained the thought that maybe some players don't start off as the Cyborg, so it would've been more difficult. I decided to not pursue it though once I realized that you guys were intent of lynching me. I had also originally entertained mission-related conditions or having to kill multiple roles, but very little would have really worked for NOLF and I didn't feel like going completely overboard.

2)
My real role is Robin Hood, the Archer. No second life, no immunity. Three arrows, all have to kill their target for me to win. If that doesn't work, I have to survive until the end. I don't have to kill during the night.

3)
First night I targeted roytheone, but nothing happened and I kept my arrow. The second night I targeted him again, this time successfully. I'm somewhat sorry about that roy, but then again you were the backup for the doctor, which kinda would have went against my role, so it was actually a bit lucky. Why roy? Nothing personal, seems like a wonderful guy. In all honesty, well...Palmer claimed I had forgotten about him. Also I didn't want to kill any new or inactive player and other reasonable targets were on a mission.

4)
Well, I think there's more to say, e.g. regarding the strategies, suspects and plenty of other things, but before I come up with some really long post, an intermission: Any questions?

cabot

Well this role certainly points to me being right about Topo killing roytheone, so I obviously approve of that.

States he made up multiple covers, then reveals another out-of-show character.

I'm actually Basil, The Great Mouse Detective, I have an affinity for cheese but also solving crimes.

TOBEY: El Topo

Darryl

Banned
Well this role certainly points to me being right about Topo killing roytheone, so I obviously approve of that.

States he made up multiple covers, then reveals another out-of-show character.

I'm actually Basil, The Great Mouse Detective, I have an affinity for cheese but also solving crimes.

TOBEY: El Topo

No food or drink allowed in ISIS headquarters. Scum?

Top Bottom