• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Foo Fighters Rck Roll Westboro Baptist

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
[STEREOGUM]

OdDGKEN.jpg

America’s foremost source of hate, the Westboro Baptist Church, decided to picket last night’s Foo Fighters concert in Kansas City, Missouri, for unclear reasons — not that there’s any reason for them to do any of the gross stuff they do that would make any sense. The protestors had already assembled outside of the Sprint Center before the show when the Foo Fighters came riding in on the back of a pickup truck, blasting “Never Gonna Give You Up” and dancing around while holding up signs reading “You got Rick Roll’d (again)” and “Keep It Clean.”

Youtube

They thought they were trolling the protesters but they were only feeding them. What idiots. Shows how much they know about Internet and meme culture.

thefit

Oh so because now the generation that grew up listening to Foo Fighters, an actually talented and storied band, are now or will soon be fathers its now "dad rock" ? Pfft OK

I dunno, being a heavily tatted guy shaking your rainbow bikini clad crotch at the Westboro Baptists while holding a "Keep It Clean" sign doesn't seem very "dad rock" to me.

Dishwalla

Banned
I'm not a dad, was in middle school/high school/out of school roughly in the time frame that the Foo Fighters were at their height, so it's so strange to see them labelled as "dad rock". To me dad rock refers to like Van Halen or Aerosmith or something, music my dad listened to when was in his teens/twenties.

Lug Nuts

Banned
I'm not a dad, was in middle school/high school/out of school roughly in the time frame that the Foo Fighters were at their height, so it's so strange to see them labelled as "dad rock". To me dad rock refers to like Van Halen or Aerosmith or something, music my dad listened to when was in his teens/twenties.

It's a dumb term to begin with.

thefit

Dad rock means they're talented enough to play their instruments.

That must be what it means considering everything out right now is just house music with hand picked "stars" reading ghost written lyrics. Bring on the dad rock I guess.

thefit

I don't want to know what current rock is, if Foo Fighters is dad rock.

I can't wait till whatever they listen to becomes "dad" and they stumble to explain it as "the classics". Maybe they'll even pull they're favorite discographies....lol

Mdot

I can't wait till whatever they listen to becomes "dad" and they stumble to explain it as "the classics". Maybe they'll even pull they're favorite discographies....lol
They'll just sample our dad rock into new pop. The vicious cycle continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom