• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition PC for a $1 and more!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
N9RZZmQ.jpg

Flandy

they want people to go to their own store to buy things. Sending people to steam is a chance at a lost sale in their eyes.

makes sense really

Who the hell is going to buy the game off Steam when it's part of a cheaper bundle? I just wish there was a steam page so I could take a look at reviews. screenshots, etc
Indiegala and bundlestars seem to have no problem linking the steam page

To those on NeoGAF
It would seem this game is rather cheap
I'm sure you'll find it not very steep
Might I recommend that you buy it
It will surely be a hit
So says Mr.BumblebeeCody

Woffls

Sure, I'll triple dip on Deadly Premonition... despite not having played either of the copies I actually have. Only played it as a rental. MMT has been on my radar for a while - looks cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have they fixed it losing frames the longer your computer has been on for?

No?

Okay, then it isn't worth the $1.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Get the bundle for Cloudbuilt and Miss-Take even if DP doesn't interest you. Cloudbuilt is a very fun speedrun 3D platformer, Miss Take is an isometric-ish heist game. Both are good, one is made by a member here, and neither is full of so much jank that you might start questioning reality.

Deadly Premonition is kind of worth seeing though. On easy. Easier, if there's a way to make that happen.

Who the hell is going to buy the game off Steam when it's part of a cheaper bundle? I just wish there was a steam page so I could take a look at reviews. screenshots, etc
Indiegala and bundlestars seem to have no problem linking the steam page

youre asking them to point to another store. When you go to target do they tell you what walmart's prices are while youre there? or what Walmart might have in stock? when you use PSN, does it show you what the prices are on xbox live and point you to their store at any point?

Is it really that hard to understand why one store would not direct you to another?

Buburibon

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Do you know whether there are individual keys for each title? I'd rather not add games I'm never going to play to my Steam account. :p

ps3 dc is terrible but I can't remember any crashes, pc is even worse :p

i guess it comes to expectations then.

See, i'll live with the occasional crash if I can downsample and run a game at 60 fps.

it's also a dollar so really how much of a chance is anyone taking

Just save often and enjoy!

Flandy

youre asking them to point to another store. When you go to target do they tell you what walmart's prices are while youre there? or what Walmart might have in stock? when you use PSN, does it show you what the prices are on xbox live and point you to their store at any point?

Is it really that hard to understand why one store would not direct you to another?

They give you keys that are redeemed on Steam. Why is it so strange to have a link pointing you to the product page of the game you'll be redeeming? Indiegala and Bundlestars do it. Why doesn't humble?

I already had Deadly Premonition. So if anyone didn't even wanna spend $1 you can have my spare key! Just quote if you want etc.

Sober

Since the joke hasn't been made yet, but Deadly Premonition is currently cheaper than Freedom. Take that, America!

Mohasus

Game ran flawlessly to me until I started doing sidequests.

Oh look I finally got a rainy day after sleeping 10 times, let´s do some sideque... DP.exe has crashed.

glow

Banned
It is worth the crashes and other problems to play this game? I've wanted to buy this before for a low price but I hate the idea of a game that will cause my PC to crash repeatedly.

Aizo

Banned
Those who have never played this, consider not picking it up on PC. It may not be worth a dollar. For me, after hours of troubleshooting and posting in the OT for help, I was unable to get the game to run for more than 2 minutes. It just didn't work to play it. I mod games and know my way around a computer all right, so it's not just my lack of knowledge.

Mohasus

It is worth the crashes and other problems to play this game? I've wanted to buy this before for a low price but I hate the idea of a game that will cause my PC to crash repeatedly.

Depends on your luck. I think the game crashed around 10 times in my 35 hours with the game.

Fractal

Banned
Tried Deadly Premonition and while I can understand its charm and cult following, I simply couldn't get over the clumsy and broken gameplay. It's also a terrible port and for some reason DPfix didn't work for me... no matter what I tried, the resolution wouldn't go over 720p.

BADMAN

Deadly Premonition is pretty damn polarizing but I'd strongly recommend this to anyone at the $1 price. Such a wonderfully odd game.

Red Hood

Banned
1$ isn't a lot of money of course, but why exactly does GAF love Deadly Premonition? I only hear a lot about it here, nowhere else.

Top Bottom