• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition PC for a $1 and more!

Majukun

i would be more convicned to pick deadly premonition if people actually eveer said what is so good about that game instead of just say to pick it up..for what i saw the gameplay seems kinda bad...

cj_iwakura

1$ isn't a lot of money of course, but why exactly does GAF love Deadly Premonition? I only hear a lot about it here, nowhere else.

It has a devout cult following at a lot of communities I frequent. Crazy intimate world of zany characters, great writing, absolutely insane plot twists.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Technical flaws aside, it has a very rich universe and amazing story. It's one of the one few games where I liked every NPC as a character.

You can't go wrong for a buck

i would be more convicned to pick deadly premonition if people actually eveer said what is so good about that game instead of just say to pick it up..for what i saw the gameplay seems kinda bad...
Nah, pick up the bundle for Marvellous Miss Take. It's a colorful charming stealth game with a Carmen Sandiego-esque heroine and gadget-heavy art heists
The Marvellous Miss Take (trailer) - Carmen Sandiago stealth art theft game with no violence (not even non-lethal takedowns) and lovely art style? Very ghosting-freindly, as a thief game should be ideally. Such a polished and fun game. It's point-and-click to move the character around and entirely based around the mouse. If you hold down LMB, then you'll whistle. If you hold down RMB, you'll throw a sound recorder (that you have to find on the level) to distract harder stuck guards. If you get caught, you drop all the stuff you stole and stick your hands up, but it's so cute that failure just makes me laugh. I got to level 5 Trafalgar Square which is when the difficulty ramped up as cover points and using the sound recorder became priorities. After that, you unlock another playable enigmatic character who's helping you out. I don't know what else to say except that I'll definitely buy the game when it comes out. I mentioned it to Mike Bithell in his Volume Q&A, he admires this game too.

DP is easy with mouse aim and if you do the simple side mission for the infinite guitar, everything is a one hit kill. DP is the first game I S-ranked.

Bought, will keep miss take and will gift DP to a friend

e: my greatest victory

0WGpREJ.png

Shiggy

The thread title wrong. You get Deadly Premonition for $0.01 already.

Am I a bad person for just trying that out of curiosity? Not even interested in downloading any of the games now.

Beat it last week for the first time, 100% of achivements also, what a wonderful experience. DO IT!

But a word of caution. I had to play on windowed mode with the task manager besides me to see when the game went up 1.3-1.4-gb of memory, so i could save and close the game to restart the memory leak from 400mb again. Every time you load or you open the menu, more mb will add to the memory.
With Durantes fix you could play 1-2 hours until it went up to 1.4gb.

Top Bottom