• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade CX: West release details for DLC and Lin

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Link removed for scan. Original source: Game Informer, apparently. Looking for other sites scan-free.

It seems that the western version will include the DLC characters to be recruited for free (unlike Japan), while still no details for the quests sold separately, and that Lin age has been modified: 15 yo and not 13 yo anymore.

Skell me if OLD.

Obligatory GIF:
tumblr_mh3exbHEzO1r72ht7o1_500.gif

EDIT: is this link ok, mod?
http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/2...les-x-character-dlc-to-be-free-lin-s-age-chan

This is the info about the DLC for Xenoblade X, maybe could be in the OP to show what are they including (?)

The main draw of the DLC are the new characters – “HB”, “Boze”, “Ierv” and “Aksena”. They each come with their own DLC pack containing the character and three missions. Finishing those missions allows you to add that character, who comes with two unique Artes, to your party. Three of those DLC packs award you with a blueprint for a new Skell, while the other one gives you a blueprint for a new type of weapon.

5p0mSrQ.jpg

Ridley327

I'm surprised it was only a two-year difference. I figured they were just going to make her 18, given how her English VA sounds so much older than the Japanese one ever will.

Still, it's amusing that she's the tank.

Golnei

I knew NoA would ruin the game with censorship. They shouldn't have even bothered translating it if they were going to butcher the characters this much.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The whole scantily clad girls in video games bothers me a total of zero. So whatever her age is fine by me.

Excited to see that they are including DLC for free. I need to go ahead and finish the first one. I bought my N3DSXL to play the game and haven't touched it. :|

Jarmel

Banned
Supposedly they're not censoring anything so I'm a little surpised Lin's age isn't being increased to 18 to flat out avoid any possible issues.

sensui-tomo

...oh for fucks sake. This seriously puts me off buying the game. I don't care if it's optional, that's just making my skin crawl.

Not cool Nintendo.

13 year olds wear stuff like that to the beach... you best not go. Or yell at the younger generations but I can tell ya that wont work.
Nice to hear about the free dlc, its was characters+their missions for techniques and finally a special design for 3 or 4 dolls/skells/Mechas

Mr-Joker

Banned
Cool we get free DLC, make sense since we had to wait longer for the game to be localized.

...oh for fucks sake. This seriously puts me off buying the game. I don't care if it's optional, that's just making my skin crawl.

Not cool Nintendo.

So don't buy the outfit or not use it.

This is a non issue and nothing to get worked up over.

If they changed her imaginary age for her imaginary character to 18, would it make it ok?

Not if she's original designed to be a child still, no.

I am not ok with the whole 'it's ok to sexualise this child because she's actually super old' cliché either.

I mean I'm all for the inclusion of sex, and well implemented overt sexuality in games, but I'm really not ok with anything that's designed to titilate peadophiles.

EDIT: I am seriously baffled by people defending this and acting like it's not super fucking creepy. Not cool guys. Not cool.

Escalario

Banned
I knew NoA would ruin the game with censorship. They shouldn't have even bothered translating it if they were going to butcher the characters this much.

...Changing age of 1 character is now ruining the game? I mean, look at her. Lin doesn't look 13 at all. She looks older, except for that baby face, but almost everyone has that.

Please tell me you forgot to put a /s there.

Gardios

...By aging her up by two years? Come on now, If you think that's "butchering" then you might want to look at how NoE "ruined" The Last Story's localization.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
...Changing age of 1 character is now ruining the game? I mean, look at her. Lin doesn't look 13 at all. She looks older, except for that baby face, but almost everyone has that.

Please tell me you forgot to put a /s there.

some reactions to this "issue" are surprising, to me :\

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Do people hate Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword because they aged up Lyn by three years?
You knew this was going to happen, don't act surprised.

Good on them making the DLC free, that's always nice.

It's like if Quiet was a ten year old.

Ignorance is unhealthy.

rhandino

Banned
This is the info about the DLC for Xenoblade X, maybe could be in the OP to show what are they including (?)

The main draw of the DLC are the new characters – “HB”, “Boze”, “Ierv” and “Aksena”. They each come with their own DLC pack containing the character and three missions. Finishing those missions allows you to add that character, who comes with two unique Artes, to your party. Three of those DLC packs award you with a blueprint for a new Skell, while the other one gives you a blueprint for a new type of weapon.

5p0mSrQ.jpg

What I do think that they are not going to include are the missions that make it easier to level your characters, earn money and improve their relationships.

EDIT: Oh, and since they are unlocking the DLC characters I wonder if the Fashion Option is going to be unlocked from the beggining in the western release.

Klossen

Banned
Not if she's original designed to be a child still, no.

I am not ok with the whole 'it's ok to sexualise this child because she's actually super old' cliché either.

I mean I'm all for the inclusion of sex, and well implemented overt sexuality in games, but I'm really not ok with anything that's designed to titilate peadophiles.

EDIT: I am seriously baffled by people defending this and acting like it's not super fucking creepy. Not cool guys. Not cool.

So if they changed her imaginary age to 18, it's still not ok? Even though she could easily pass for 18? I don't understand this. You're placing real life values on a fictional being who's age can go from 15 (personally, I think she looks too old for 13) and 20 without anyone knowing the difference simply because the original number was lower than you wanted?

What I do think that they are not going to include are the missions that make it easier to level your characters, earn money and improve their relationships.

EDIT: Oh, and since they are unlocking the DLC characters I wonder if the Fashion Option is going to be unlocked from the beggining in the western release.

They all look really boring.

tbd

Make her 30 if you want but don't cut or censor any content. This would be awful and probably make me boycott the game.

Unlocking optional costumes is one of the most motivating things in this sort of games, let it be up to me what costumes I give my stupid looking anime characters.

Top Bottom