• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: MLB The Show 24, Lightyear Frontier, Control Ultimate Edition, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
XGP_MAR_24_HERO-7bc0a96282895df1d687-1536x864.jpg

Available Today

Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Load up your Boltgun and unleash the awesome Space Marine arsenal to blast your way through an explosion of sprites, pixels and blood in a perfect blend of Warhammer 40,000, frenetic gameplay and the stylish visuals of ’90s retro shooters.

BOLTGUN-fdc01cff1a3c692bf8db.jpg

Coming Soon

PAW Patrol World (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 7
Explore the world of “PAW Patrol” like never before, in a 3D action adventure where anything is PAWsible. Play as your favorite pups, drive their vehicles, and save the day by taking on fun rescues and missions either in single-player or with your family in couch co-op. It’s the ultimate PAW Patrol playtime!

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 12
Are you ready, kids? SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is coming to Game Pass! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy in this faithful remake and thwart Plankton’s evil plan to take over Bikini Bottom. Battle Plankton’s army of rogue robots – this time with friends in multiplayer mode! Meet all your favorite Bikini Bottomites, voiced by their original voice actors and show Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs.

CONTROL-e61666dffedf6a1f7aaf.jpg

Control Ultimate Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 13
From developer Remedy Entertainment, this supernatural third- person action-adventure will challenge you to master the combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts and reactive environments while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world. Control Ultimate Edition contains the main game and all previously released expansions (The Foundation and AWE).

No More Heroes 3 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 14
No More Heroes 3 follows the otaku assassin Travis Touchdown as he takes up his trusty beam katana once more and slashes his way through 10 of the deadliest fighters in the galaxy. Rack up combos with Travis’ beam katana and experience hack-and-slash action like never before!

LIGHTYEAR_FRONTIER-2453ed8924bc1d513f1f.jpg

Lightyear Frontier (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – March 19
Available on day one with Game Pass
: Start your interstellar homestead in this peaceful open-world farming adventure! Build your sustainable exofarm, grow alien crops, customize your mech, and explore a new world full of mystery with up to three friends!

THE_SHOW-6b0efcb6effdee76f023.jpg

MLB The Show 24 (Cloud and Console) – March 19
Available on day one with Game Pass:
Swing for the fences, experience game-deciding moments, become a legend and live out your baseball dreams in MLB The Show 24. Want to hit the field early? Game Pass members can unlock up to four days early access plus deluxe edition bonus content with the purchase of the Digital Deluxe Add-On Bundle. Learn more about how MLB The Show 24 continues to tell important stories from the Negro Leagues on Xbox Wire.

In Case You Missed It

Dead Island 2 (Cloud and Console) – Available now
A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning its inhabitants into zombies. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, uncover the truth behind the outbreak and discover who – or what – you are. Survive, evolve and save the world in this first-person zombie slaying adventure!

DLC / Game Updates

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition – Victors and Vanquished – March 14
Embark on a thrilling journey with Victors and Vanquished! In 19 epic scenarios, play as Ragnar Lothbrok, Oda Nobunaga, Charlemagne, and more. Your strategy and choices decide your fate: will you emerge as the ultimate victor, or fall as the vanquished? Secure your pre-order now and save 15% – and be prepared to conquer the battlefield!

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Stumble Guys Retro Hot Dog Pack – Available now
Show off your wackiness as you race to the finish line with your Retro Hot Dog skin, Fire Emote, 250 Gems and 50 Stumble Tokens. This Perk content requires Stumble Guys to use (Free to Play).

Century: Age of Ashes – Forgotten Bay Pack – Available now
Brave the silence with the Forgotten Bay dragon, the Flaming Crude Cleaver axe and a 14-Day XP Booster. Requires Century: Age of Ashes to use (Free to Play).

Leaving March 15

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon. If you want to keep the fun going, be sure to use your membership discount to save up to 20% off your purchase!

• Hardspace: Shipbreaker (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Shredders (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:
MLB19 is now for quite some time in my backlog, so I don't really care what deals are happening with that sport, but it never will stop being funny that Xbox gamers now get more MLB than Plus subscribers.

Darsxx82

Wow, this is one of the worst months in a long time.
But this is not a month, just the first fortnight of games. And without remembering that shadowdrop releases are common too (the latest Dead Island 2).
MLB day one is always a shot put, but clearly not so much outside the USA. LightyearFrontier looks very good. Diablo IV is this month.

With Gamepass it is generally better to wait until the end of the month to assess how good or bad it was. February itself is an example.

Last edited:
They really should have chosen something other than Control, That game has been given away everywhere. Ive got it free with Epic game store.
It's like there is a big cardboard box with a selection of games that all the services draw from. PS+, Gamepass, Epic Store all have hands in that same cardboard box of games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They really should have chosen something other than Control, That game has been given away everywhere. Ive got it free with Epic game store.
It's like there is a big cardboard box with a selection of games that all the services draw from. PS+, Gamepass, Epic Store all have hands in that same cardboard box of games.

FWIW this is the first time Control's Ultimate Edition has come to game pass, previously it had the Xbox One version only (base game and 30 FPS only).

And, yes, it looks like all these publishers have bulk drops. Last month Namco and Capcom dropped practically the same games on both, beforehand it was Ubisoft etc)

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Are they trying to deplete the digital stocks of Control? I've lost count of how many times it's been given away 'for free'. If it were a Nintendo game, it would still be selling for $40 on sales.

I’ve almost bought Boltgun a few times, so I will check that out. Nothing else interests me since I already own the UE of Control.

Diablo will be huge later this month.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Are they trying to deplete the digital stocks of Control? I've lost count of how many times it's been given away 'for free'. If it were a Nintendo game, it would still be selling for $40 on sales.

This is the "next gen"/updated version, not the PS4/XONE one.
You get both DLCs (which are really nice), a performance mode and a RTX quality one.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Darling made the game

It also was just a head trip in general. I wasn't expecting Swift platform at all..

It's definitely a game I wish I could erase from memory to play again. Same with SOMA.

I'm going through AW2 (20 hours in) and while I do like it for what it is/trying to do, it still doesn't reach CONTROL levels of awesomeness.

It's one of the best games of previous gen, the atmosphere and lore are just sublime...

Easily a 9/10 for me 😉

Roberts

My kid will have a good time with two kiddie games and I kind of enjoyed Lightyear frontier demo so I will sink my teeth into it (was pretty damn polished for ea game). Will check no more heroes out of curiosity - that is a game I would never in the million years consider buying so...

Spyxos

Gold Member
But this is not a month, just the first fortnight of games. And without remembering that shadowdrop releases are common too (the latest Dead Island 2).
MLB day one is always a shot put, but clearly not so much outside the USA. LightyearFrontier looks very good. Diablo IV is this month.

With Gamepass it is generally better to wait until the end of the month to assess how good or bad it was. February itself is an example.
Yes, I guess my problem is that I'm not interested in most of the games here and I already have D4.

Xdrive05

So Boltgun is pretty great! Love the controls, the weaponry, the art design the feel of everything. Really fun at 240fps!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hmmm....I think I still need to finish one of the DLC's for Control.

Good month overall. I'm trash at baseball. It got so complicated.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It kinda makes sense to have people play Control UE and then maybe buy Alan Wake 2 to get more of the story.
I didn't purchase Alan Wake 2 because I knew their games would "quickly" become available on services like that. So, this situation had a different effect on me.

This is the "next gen"/updated version, not the PS4/XONE one.
You get both DLCs (which are really nice), a performance mode and a RTX quality one.
It seems like good news for the few who still haven't played Control.

Last edited:

NickFire

Still amazes me that the Show is on GP and $70 on PS5. It has cratered my interest in the game the past few years because I feel like Sony is fleecing us with full price and microtransactions since I know there's no way that MS is paying them 70 per copy for its subscribers.

Top Bottom