• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Maintenance/Operational Status Thread

L~A

IronFall Invasion finally about to come back on the eShop, it seems. Update incoming.

Nintendo 3DS: Iron Fall Invasion (online play, leaderboards)

The maintenance will take place on:

– Europe: October 14th (2.50AM to 4AM)
– UK: October 14th (1.50AM to 3AM)
– North America (EDT): October 13th (8.50PM to 10PM)
– North America (PDT): October 13th (5.50PM to 7PM)
– Japan: October 14th (9.50AM to 11AM)

L~A

Some random maintenance for Flipnote Studio 3D:

Nintendo 3DS: Flipnote Studio 3D (Nintendo DSi Library) [only in Japan and North America]

– Europe: October 20th (3AM to 6AM)
– UK: October 20th (2AM to 5AM)
– North America (EDT): October 19th (9PM) to October 20th (12AM)
– North America (PDT): October 19th (6PM to 9PM)
– Japan: October 20th (10AM to 1PM)

Pokemaniac

Some really interesting maintenance just showed up for Monday. At first glance, it looked like standard eShop maintenance, but then I realized that under Wii U and 3DS, it also said "All". Update(s) incoming?

L~A

Some major maintenance for next week.

Wii U: Nintendo eShop
Wii U: General
Nintendo 3DS: Nintendo eShop
Nintendo 3DS: General
Wii: Wii Shop Channel
Nintendo DS: Nintendo DSi Shop

This maintenance will take place on:

– Europe: October 19th (10PM) to October 20th (2AM)
– UK: October 19th (9PM) to October 20th (1AM)
– North America (EDT): October 19th (4PM) to October 20th (8PM)
– North America (PDT): October 19th (1PM) to October 20th (5PM)
– Japan: October 20th (5AM to 9AM)

Roo

Some major maintenance for next week.

Guys, it's coming..

hAChMtQ.gif

L~A

I thing you got the date wrong for the US.

Or does it really take 28 hours there, while it will take 4 hours everywhere else?

Nah, maintenance is the same for everyone (only exception being titles not launched in a given region, obviously). Thanks for the heads up, saw the mistake on my website but forgot to correct it here!

Adding Devil's Third maintenance, as it's lasting 1h longer this time around... not sure why.

Wii U: Devil’s Third (online play, leaderboards)

– Europe: October 20th (2AM to 6AM)
– UK: October 20th (1AM to 5AM)
– North America (EDT): October 19th (8PM to October 20th (12AM)
– North America (PDT): October 19th (5PM to 9PM)
– Japan: October 6th (9AM to 1PM)

Pokemaniac

So the Monday maintenance changed slightly. Instead of saying "All" it now says, "Using Nintendo Network ID". Probably effectively the same thing, seeing as you need to log in to do anything on Nintendo Network anyway, but now it's more specific.

Also, there's now a bunch of random maintenance that's starting in a couple hours.

L~A

"General maintenance" changed to "Using Nintendo Network ID" (need another sign, maybe? ;)).

Also, surprise maintenance for today. I guess next week's maintenance is too important so Nintendo is taking care of that today...

Wii U: Art of Balance (online play and leaderboards)
Wii U: Darts Up (online play and leaderboards)
Wii U: Dr. Luigi (online play and leaderboards)
Wii U: Animal Crossing Plaza (online play and leaderboards)
Wii U: Puddle (online play and leaderboards)
Wii U: Spy Chameleon (online play and leaderboards)
Wii U: Trine Enchanted Edition (online play and leaderboards)
Wii U: Wooden Sen’Sey (online play and leaderboards)
Wii U: Zen Pinball 2 (online play and leaderboards)
Nintendo 3DS: Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot (online play and leaderboards)
Nintendo 3DS: Mario Golf World Tour (online play and leaderboards)
Nintendo 3DS: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – Special Demo (online play and leaderboards)
Nintendo 3DS: Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 (online play and leaderboards)
Nintendo 3DS: Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (online play and leaderboards)
Nintendo 3DS: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (online play and leaderboards)

This maintenance will take place today from:

Europe: 8AM to 10AM
UK: 7AM to 9AM
North America (EDT): 2AM to 4AM
North America (PDT): 11PM to 1AM
Japan: 3PM to 5PM

"General maintenance" changed to "Using Nintendo Network ID" (need another sign, maybe? ;)).

Also, surprise maintenance for today. I guess next week's maintenance is too important so Nintendo is taking care of that today...

This is a weird name for maintenance :D

2 hour maintenance means 2 hour direct?
more like 37 minutes :p

L~A

There will not be a Direct at this time... seems highly unlikely.

It's not listed on the maintenance page yet, but Splatoon is getting maintenance next week (for obvious reasons).

Wii U: Splatoon

Europe: October 21st (2.50AM to 4AM)
UK: October 21st (1.50AM to 3AM)
North America (EDT): October 20th (8.50PM to 10PM)
North America (PDT): October 20th (5.50PM to 7PM)
Japan: October 21st (9.50AM to 11AM).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There will not be a Direct at this time... seems highly unlikely.

It's not listed on the maintenance page yet, but Splatoon is getting maintenance next week (for obvious reasons).

If you're referring to Monday, a few hours before the big maintenance happens, I could see that happen. Heck, next Splatoon update happens a few hours after the big maintenance too.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
General question: when a game undergoes "maintenance," what exactly is happening? Should users ever notice any differences?

L~A

General question: when a game undergoes "maintenance," what exactly is happening? Should users ever notice any differences?

It depends on the game and the maintenance.

Maintenance for a game is always for online, which means that online services (online play, leaderboards) cannot be used during that time.

If it's a single game maintenance (like Splatoon in the OP right now), then all online services will be unavailable.
If it's weekly maintenance, then the online services will be unavailable intermittently during the set period.

Also, yet another maintenance coming... going to add it to the list in a few minutes.

georly

Online portions are usually taken offline while they do whatever it is they need to do (I assume a restart of everything).

A maintenance that lasts THAT long though... it's almost like they're adding a new account system or something :p

Edit: huh, NNID maintenance planned, too. http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-shop-maintenance-planned-for-monday/

The lack of a direct this week is nuts. So much stuff POSSIBLY going on and nothing but radio silence.

L~A

That NNID maintenance is the one that was originally announced ;)

Now, this one is new.

Wii U: online play, leaderboards
Nintendo 3DS: online play, leaderboards

– Europe: October 19th (11PM) to October 20th (4AM)
– UK: October 19th (10PM) to October 20th (3AM)
– North America (EDT): October 19th (5PM to 10PM)
– North America (PDT): October 19th (2PM to 7PM)
– Japan: October 20th (6AM to 11AM)

L~A

Ok, for some reason, the Nintendo eShop (+ Wii Shop Channel and DSi Shop) maintenance has been cancelled. All the others are unchanged.

Pokemaniac

Ok, for some reason, the Nintendo eShop (+ Wii Shop Channel and DSi Shop) maintenance has been cancelled. All the others are unchanged.

Very interesting. The eShop being listed was arguably redundant, but not the Wii Shop Channel or DSi Shop. I wonder what implications this may have.

Cyd0nia

Banned
Less than four hours until the big maintenance thing starts. Are we expecting to learn what's happened at all or will it probably be the end of the week with the Splatoon update / Tri Force Heroes release?

Pokemaniac

Less than four hours until the big maintenance thing starts. Are we expecting to learn what's happened at all or will it probably be the end of the week with the Splatoon update / Tri Force Heroes release?

If there are any related system updates, they are usually posted as the maintenance is ending.

Also, the Splatoon update is it's own thing which has separate maintenance tomorrow. That will be released around 10PM ET (You'll probably be able to download the Splatoon patch during the maintenance, but the you'll still be stuck offline until it's over).

thefro

It's hard to say since there's a few different ways they could go about making the transition to the new account system and launching it.

It wouldn't shock me for there to be a system update tonight and we get all that information (with an announcement of Nintendo's mobile game shortly thereafter), and it wouldn't shock me if we have to wait a couple weeks for anything to happen.

narton

It looks like Nintendo Network ID maintenance has been canceled too? It was supposed to go for an hour or 2, unless they finished really early?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It looks like Nintendo Network ID maintenance has been canceled too? It was supposed to go for an hour or 2, unless they finished really early?

It should have just started, it was starting at 21:00 GMT. Maybe they removed the info because it's already happening?

narton

It should have just started, it was starting at 21:00 GMT. Maybe they removed the info because it's already happening?

Perhaps, but wouldn't the statuses change from "Service is operating normally?" I can't check my wii u right now.

narton

Okay, I just tried signing into the eShop and it still works, along with my account. So it either finished super early or they did cancel.

Pokemaniac

Okay, I just tried signing into the eShop and it still works, along with my account. So it either finished super early or they did cancel.

What if it was actually just rolled into the generic "online services" maintenance that's supposed to start in like 8 minutes? I thought it was odd before how this was just the other maintenance period offeset by an hour.

Javier

We're so desperate for news we're actually asking Nintendo to do maintenance on their services in hope that SOMETHING comes out of this.

(Ross Geller voice) "How sad are we?"

Top Bottom