• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store - new design for game pages live

thatJohann

I just noticed the new UI on game pages. Looks cool. Videos auto play which I'm ok with but just looks more stylized. Screenshots:

Ms2t2GU.jpg

nwutmEL.jpg

F8f689Mh.jpg

EAbhe7Ph.jpg

BVKBvn3.jpg

kpmfTYF.jpg

n7vLgUy.jpg

F4r0_Atak

I am not a very big fan of it. Looks too much like the Xbox Marketplace... and I am not a fan of that one either. They should take look at the PSN store they have in Japan. Slick, simple and clearly categorized.

thatJohann

After playing with it for a bit I notice it is choppy and stutters a lot. Must be the video loading the auto play in background. Also weird black screen before loading each game page not as seamless as before. At least it looks prettier

Is this why i had trouble with services on my PS4 last night? Almost couldn't watch my Better Call Saul episode.

Gonna check the store if it's working for me

Walpurgis

Banned
Those screenshots... Has Sony accomplished the impossible? Have they brought something into this world even worse than the current store? I will withhold final judgement until I see a video or on my PS3 & PS4 but damn... those screenshots.

On Demand

Banned
I'm on the latest PS4 beta if that makes a difference. Here's a couple more:

http://i.imgur.com/LKhcBcP.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/axdlogT.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/RXoNPoY.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/p1WHNB2.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Oh so it'll probably launch for everyone else with the update.

Do other parts of the store look the same? Have they changed the search function?

Nephtes

Looks very Xboxian. I like it.
Now if they would fix the rest of the PS4 OS so I can get rid of all these damn tiles I don't want in front of the Library, that would be great...

Gator86

Yeah, noticed it a few hours ago. Hopefully it means the new firmware will release soon.

Trailers auto-play with the new layout
. Bad idea if they do the same on PS3.

Goddammit, enough with the auto-playing videos nonsense - by far, one of my least favorite parts of the internet. Sony's PSN/firmware teams forever garbage.

Sony has this ability to make something look nice but not actually work all that well. This kinda looks like it'll continue that trend.

garyizraw

Banned
they did with BroForce on PS Plus last month. Left a really bad taste in my mouth when i couldn't add the game to my library without fully downloading it and cancelling the download.

IvanJ

Banned
I guess they really want people to use the smartphone app or PC.
I could maybe look past the huge pictures and text boxes that get lost in the background, but the auto loading videos are a dealbreaker. What's up with that? I just want a couple of minutes of peace and quiet when browsing the store.

Kind of jarring how different it is compared to the rest of the PS4 UI.

I would hope they update the system UI to match it and have a more unified experience but Sony has never given a shit about that kind of thing before so probably wont start now.

On Demand

Banned
Kind of jarring how different it is compared to the rest of the PS4 UI.

I would hope they update the system UI to match it and have a more unified experience but Sony has never given a shit about that kind of thing before so probably wont start now.

This is what i was thinking. If the rest of the store is not designed similarly, it's going to look too drastic. Everything else is blue and has it's own typography separate from the game pages? That's not a smart design.

I noticed the change last night and don't really like it. Instead of doing this, they should include screenshot and/or video to every game including PSP and PS1 games.

dorikyasu

After playing with it for a bit I notice it is choppy and stutters a lot. Must be the video loading the auto play in background. Also weird black screen before loading each game page not as seamless as before. At least it looks prettier
Guess it's optimized for PS4K...

Caayn

Just noticed it when I downloaded the FFXV demo from the store. Looks a lot better, I like it.

Now to revamp the rest of the store.

J-Skee

I was literally just saying how the Xbox game pages on their website are more visually appealing that the PlayStation game pages. That only took a couple of hours.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is from the console, not the website? Nevermind.

ckohler

Looks and works much better. Videos are higher quality and screenshots load faster.

Only complaint is that the rest of the store doesn't match. These new screens are so different in style that I wasn't sure what I was looking at at first.

On Demand

Banned
I noticed the change last night and don't really like it. Instead of doing this, they should include screenshot and/or video to every game including PSP and PS1 games.

That's one thing XB1 does better. They standardize all that on their store. And it always has high resolution pictures.

NewDust

I did not have videos auto play though? First of all you have to move up, to access the media tab with trailers and screenshots. For me the trailer will only play a 3 second buffer than pauses...

Top Bottom