• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store - new design for game pages live

Ascenion

Looks very Xbox-ish. Which isn't bad mind you, just odd. Looks good though. I'll give it a whirl when I get home.

Pif

Banned
I used it 5 minutes ago and Didn't rven realised it changed.

Looks familiar to my android launcher.

Logash

Currently working but will check out the store when I get out and see... I am on latest beta firmware too. My impression from the pictures is that it looks very pretty but I want to move around in it and see how practical it is. I love video game art and I really like anything that showcases the beauty of a game. Hope it feels nice

Acidote

Is there an option to make videos not autoplay? I hate that with a passion. Steam let's you disable it.

gtj1092

Will this update increase the quality of the trailers? Always end up having to go to YouTube to check out a game.

Griss

Doesn't look like much of an improvement at all, really.

What the store needs is a better search feature and much better way for game pages to handle and organise their attached DLC.

wouwie

Just had a look and some pages seem to have the new look already (EU). I'm not a fan though. Apparently, these low quality videos are starting to play automatically and full screen when you visit the "main" game page... It looks rough and not something i would want to see played automatically at all. The video quality of the trailers on PSN is and has always been poor. Also, the info that used to be on one page is now spread across 3 pages, the main page being 90% empty or playing a low resolution video.

Can't say i'm impressed, tbh.

Edit: at least the Dirt video looked a lot better in quality and it was actually nice to watch. Still, i'd prefer the option to start the video if i want by going to media instead of it playing automatically. The screenshots on Dirt looked nice too.

RedAssedApe

Banned
seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what videos are in hd.

Are you sure that wasn't just the splash page that comes up before clicking into the section where you can download the demo?

yes. the layout was exactly like that in the op. had me confused at first

Still get the old Store.

But the new one doesn't even look like PS anymore. Also still no wishlist from the web store ?! -.-
It looks a bit cleaner and like the game pages in your menu with those backgrounds etc.

Top Bottom