• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I think they made it available to anyone that signed up for a certain period in the JP version but I don't know as I started Day 1 an got Exdeath on my like 4-5th reroll.

Visceir

Anyone know if gil will ever actually have a use?

Eventually there will be vortexes and events that drop metal cactuars which are a better way to level up your units. To fuse those cactuars you'll need gil though, quite a lot of gil as the cost of fusing units goes up as the level goes up.

That's about all I spend my gil on though and I've accumulated over 8 mil gil in jp version.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't know how you guys are pulling Cecil and the other top tier units... i'm still trying and my luck is absolute trash. Sucks so much

I've pulled so many Vivi and generic characters that it's not even funny

Euphor!a

Banned
I don't know how you guys are pulling Cecil and the other top tier units... i'm still trying and my luck is absolute trash. Sucks so much

By using emulators and macros to reroll on 4+ accounts at a time automatically.

Credo

After spending 4 days rerolling, the best I did was Firion twice. All the other results were Galuf, Krile, Russell, Vivi, Maria, Clyne, Shadow, Rydia, and Fran over and over and over. I'm finding that the game isn't really grabbing me that much, so I may just put it away for now and give it another chance once it releases in America.

I think, at this point anyways, the constant rerolls net you very little, while also making the game a lot less fun... You don't need top tier to get through content, top tier primarily exists for people with too much time or money to make other people envious to goad them into spending way too much time or money... It's how the f2p model works.

Visceir

Here's an idea for a twitch stream -- have 3 - 4 rerolls going slightly off sync so that viewers would get to see a summon every 2 - 3 minutes.

ZangBa

I guess if Shadow is really butt I might do some rolls to get someone more useful down the line. I beat the White Dragon awhile ago already so there isn't an immediate need, but I don't really want to fall behind later on. His abilities do seem nearly useless but at least his limit does a lot of damage.

Kettch

Guess I was lucky to get the 5 spiritsand I needed for Bartz in just two days or so. Heaven's Ash hasn't been too bad either since it drops from both INT and ADV, up to 11. Sacred Crystals have have been taking up most of my time, mainly because everyone needs them.

WarAdept

Aaaand done! Now to just grind materials until release/new content. I have 5800 Lapis saved up, so waiting for the inevitable double drop rate gates.

Is there any generics that have Paralysis/Poison skills? I'd like to kill the White Dragon to give the katana to Lasswell (he'd easily go over 200 attack with that), but none of the cores I've gotten seem to have them.

IzhBP3y.jpg

I think, at this point anyways, the constant rerolls net you very little, while also making the game a lot less fun... You don't need top tier to get through content, top tier primarily exists for people with too much time or money to make other people envious to goad them into spending way too much time or money... It's how the f2p model works.
rerolling is the only time where you can somewhat control what you get.

I didn't reroll, but taking a risk if my first major pulls turn out crap.
Those who reroll at least get their guarantee top tier 5*.
Useless for content now, but later...

Feep

Banned
Aaaand done! Now to just grind materials until release/new content. I have 5800 Lapis saved up, so waiting for the inevitable double drop rate gates.

Is there any generics that have Paralysis/Poison skills? I'd like to kill the White Dragon to give the katana to Lasswell (he'd easily go over 200 attack with that), but none of the cores I've gotten seem to have them.

IzhBP3y.jpg
My two-star Rizer has Blade Bash!

ZangBa

So I did some pulls and got Kain, Cecil and Shanttoto. All 3*. My current team is Rain 5*, Firion 5*, Maria 4*, Anzelm(Red Mage) 4* and Shadow 4*.

I'm thinking to replace Shadow with Kain and Anzelm with Cecil. Shanttoto only goes to 4*, so I don't know if replacing Rain with her is good idea, but I assume I need a black mage and Rain doesn't seem all that remarkable to me. Maria is basically my main healer.

Any advice? Maybe I should pull more :s

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I did some pulls and got Kain, Cecil and Shanttoto. All 3*. My current team is Rain 5*, Firion 5*, Maria 4*, Anzelm(Red Mage) 4* and Shadow 4*.

I'm thinking to replace Shadow with Kain and Anzelm with Cecil. Shanttoto only goes to 4*, so I don't know if replacing Rain with her is good idea, but I assume I need a black mage and Rain doesn't seem all that remarkable to me. Maria is basically my main healer.

Any advice? Maybe I should pull more :s

Rain sucks until we get his 6* form more than 6 months from now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just to be sure we dont have a Google Doc to add/share GAF Friend IDs yet...right ?

I
Sacred Crystals can drop in both INT and ADV. I've personally seen more drops in INT but I don't know the rates.

Heaven's Ash I don't know. Read above.

I have materials at 70 iirc. I have friends at 30 too.

Guess i will start farming them once my units are about hit the level max. DOnt know anything about the drop rate but i hope it doesnt take too much time and 1-2 days dedicated to the Awakening Material Vortex will be enough.
Cecil has cure at level 1 at 3*. I have him myself. On ios we have the app FFBE Wiki which has every unit and every material and with skills etc.
I also can craft cure.

I dont know why i wrote Cure, was obv talking about Cura xD
If the online ressource i browsed yesterday is true he only learns Cura in his 4* form.

Also i need to look up if there is a similar Android app for the game. Could be helpful.

Rixa

This game knows(tm) what you need as Awaken material and wont drop them. I need shitton of Earth Cores to get my Vaan to 5*, I have a lot of everything else (even Heavens Ashes) but only 3 Earth Cores :p.

linkent

Just to be sure we dont have a Google Doc to add/share GAF Friend IDs yet...right ?

Just made 1, cant remember if there is one.
Visceir can put this on the first page please.

Quote to reveal.

This game knows(tm) what you need as Awaken material and wont drop them. I need shitton of Earth Cores to get my Vaan to 5*, I have a lot of everything else (even Heavens Ashes) but only 3 Earth Cores :p.

always in every games :p
earth cores should be easy by stealing at 3rd Ifrit level i think.

Any clue how to buy/craft guns? There's a gun shop but I don't have a membership for it.

In order to get the member ship you have to do a quest. It's a two parter that requires you to kill a Zuu first then collect 5 Thickened Hide. I think you also need to have done the Fresh Ideas quest to unlock the membership quest.
And there is only one gun available to buy which is the Altair

Heng

In order to get the member ship you have to do a quest. It's a two parter that requires you to kill a Zuu first then collect 5 Thickened Hide. I think you also need to have done the Fresh Ideas quest to unlock the membership quest.
And there is only one gun available to buy which is the Altair
Also in order for you to see this quest to begin with, you have to complete the quest in the item shop in this town. I believe it was "kill 5 Sargent" which can be found (somewhat rare spawn) in the throne room.

leehom

I really would like to try this, but I'm not understanding how I can play this game.

On the google play store it's not listed. On the link provided, it says it's not available for my device because of the region.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just made 1, cant remember if there is one.
Visceir can put this on the first page please.

From experience, may be better to do this in email field to avoid invite spam and/or limit friends list.

Depends what people actually wanna use the list for though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Working for me :V

(And people can search "q uote to reveal" in the thread to find the post anyway)

It can be played but you won't be able to transfer/restore data without a facebook link.
It takes roughly a minute to set up a spam facebook account.

So why do people make dummy Facebook accounts? Just to save a decent roll in case they can't get a better one? If you don't care about saving your progress, can't you reroll forever if you don't link to Facebook?

linkent

Thanks for the tip. Going to go there next :D
Yeah always & every game.
I think i got it there, i hope i am right lol.

So why do people make dummy Facebook accounts? Just to save a decent roll in case they can't get a better one? If you don't care about saving your progress, can't you reroll forever if you don't link to Facebook?
When rerolling, you need to discard the "game save".
Without deleting and reinstalling everytime, people find out that you can link the game to a fb account and log out to discard that save state.
Therefore you can play till a roll, get a character, if you dont like it, link it to a dummy fb account and log out to reroll again.
Linking it to your real FB account will be permanent.
So get the one with character you like and link it.

Dandte

It's more like

Device Account 1
Facebook Account 1
Log out of Facebook
Resets device
Fresh device acount

Without Facebook

Device Account 1
And you are Stuck with it. Maybe you can deinstall it.

leehom

Got the game to work, but I don't understand this reroll thing.

I linked the account to my fb. Got 500 lapis and did a roll. Logged out, started a new game. Quit game and logged into fb to rewrite my new data with old data, but it saved me after I rolled the new character.

RalchAC

Got the game to work, but I don't understand this reroll thing.

I linked the account to my fb. Got 500 lapis and did a roll. Logged out, started a new game. Quit game and logged into fb to rewrite my new data with old data, but it saved me after I rolled the new character.

Which character did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom