• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come on in and out yourself as a sociopath before the thread gets locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethanny2

My first GF of 8 months recently broke up with me in what I can only assume is the worst way possible, by text. It was a long distance relationship and I got a shitty part time job to buy her a plane ticket so we can meet, but at the end of the summer and the last day of my job she says there's another guy and she doesn't think I have the money to bring her over, and just one day ago we were skyping each other and talking like everything is fine.

Soo.. what's the pettiest thing you did to get back at your ex?

Edit: Met her before, spent 8 months of my life with her, when I first started dating her she was cheating on her current bf without telling me, so that was already a bad sign

Matty77

You never met her? Long distance internet relationship? Petty is not the word your looking for if you seek revenge.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Come on, you don't need to get back at a girl you have never even met in real life.

Just move on and meet a girl that you don't have to buy a plane ticket for.

I sabotaged my ex's iPod once to where all it had was Tom Petty's Free Falling and various remixes and alternate versions of it, including an intense, heavy metal version.

ethanny2

You never met her? Long distance internet relationship? Petty is not the word your looking for if you seek revenge.

Nah I met her during study abroad, I felt shitty for the whole day, then I wrote her a message telling her off, and felt wayyyy better. I know it its not good of me, and I should be the bigger person but just felt so good lol

riotous

Banned
Nothing. I've got a long list of ex's who don't necessarily like me but I never did anything petty to them.

Sounds like you never met this person? I'm... sorry... but taking that seriously like they are your ex is a bit much, definitely not worth doing anything petty over.

edit: Nevermind.. you really should change the wording in the OP. "so we can meet"...

Stopped responding to her facebook messages I guess. I mean I'm not really interested in talking about my life to someone who's practically a stranger by now.

Makonero

I laughed and laughed when she got fat a year later

Oh and she had left her shoes at my apt (nice converse that she loved). I threw them in a dumpster.

I'm pretty weaksauce when it comes to pettiness of gaffers I guess

I had disposable sex with someone I didn't care for and wasn't particularly attracted to. Not really to hurt her, but because I was so distraught.

One of those things that made more sense at the time. I also assume the ex really just wanted me to change my ways, but I'm to this day still not a mind reader.

Met my wife (again) three months after she dumped me. I haven't talked to the ex in fifteen years.

Muffdraul

Threw her cordless phone into the neighbor's yard where it was lost in his ivy for about a week.

Oh wait... she did that to me.

stuminus3

I posted on Friends Reunited (remember that?) that she had died in a freak lawnmower accident thanks to the influence of a Vandals song "My Girlfriend's Dead". Obviously a joke but apparently it wasn't taken that way.

When we were dating I wrote "can be a pain in the arse" on her resume as a joke then forgot to tell her because we had sex instead and she sent it out to like 50 different places so it's no wonder we didn't work out in the long term.

Dated a really abusive girl, she did all kinds of fucked up things to me. I was in a bad place in my life and accepted it just because of how little I thought of myself. She knew this and took full advantage until I wanted to kill myself. I even tried at one point once she drove me far enough. Not proud of it.

Anyway, after she finally freed me from her grasp to be with one of the 10 or so dudes she cheated on me with, she eventually got married after a few years. I met a guy who went through similar stuff as me with her and he filled me in on some proof that she was cheating on her husband and I gave her husband all the proof anonymously. He divorced her and she ended up homeless for a few months.

Fj0823

Befriended her cousin and made her spill the beans.

Then confronted her about it. Not pretty.

We made up and became friends...But She still hasn't forgiven her cousin for talking shit.

ethanny2

Dated a really abusive girl, she did all kinds of fucked up things to me. I was in a bad place in my life and accepted it just because of how little I thought of myself. She knew this and took full advantage until I wanted to kill myself. I even tried at one point once she drove me far enough. Not proud of it.

Anyway, after she finally freed me from her grasp to be with one of the 10 or so dudes she cheated on me with, she eventually got married after a few years. I met a guy who went through similar stuff as me with her and he filled me in on some proof that she was cheating on her husband and I gave her husband all the proof anonymously. He divorced her and she ended up homeless for a few months.

Damn don't know I can say if she deserved it, but from your POV she might have

Damn don't know I can say if she deserved it, but from your POV she might have

If you knew the stuff she did to me, you'd probably agree that she deserved it. A lot of it is material that belongs in that anon confessions thread. I had to see a psych for the damage she did.

Oh well, that happened pretty long ago.

Remember if you're up to some heinous shit, it's always good to put it in writing on the internet. For posterity's sake.

I can say some mean things that cut. I don't need to do anything weirder then that.

Illucio

Banned
Ex broke up with me, deletes me on Facebook, and avoids me the entire time even though I never pursue her.

A year or two after a few bad boyfriends she tries to add me back on Facebook and tried starting a relationship again. I just ignored her messages and friend request and just moved on satisfied being single for years.

Being alone is nice.

Matty77

Nah I met her during study abroad, I felt shitty for the whole day, then I wrote her a message telling her off, and felt wayyyy better. I know it its not good of me, and I should be the bigger person but just felt so good lol
Still doesn't strike me as something you need revenge for, and the more time you spend being petty the more she wins. And I am not trying to be high and mighty, and my relationship or two that would apply were more intimate and longer, but in the end run all I did was psychological damage to myself, the girls did not give a shit.

Probably the pettiest because I felt like shit after, don't really care about it now. Knew ahead of time the road I wanted to go, she was a sociopath. Told her how we could scheme money from the neighborhood clowns with a expensive garage sale. A week later when I knew what time she'd be getting home I not only changed the locks I had all her shit on display for sale. She only noticed till the very last minute when her cherished ring from her "Bestfriend a.k.a fuck buddy" was mid transaction for more than he bought it for. The following week spotted her with him again, it was clearly over but I wasn't done being petty.I still had the keys to her car, got in, drove off, and scraped it myself. She still had to make payments though as she only had liability coverage for it. Sorry not sorry tbh.

After 2 years of a relationship and another 2 years of back and forth trying to make it work again I found out my ex was lying to me for a large portion of the relationship. When I confronted her with the evidence she told me it was better that we both moved on so we couldn't hurt each other anymore. The evil little witch couldn't even be an adult and fess up to her bullshit. I told her to delete my number and do cartwheels in traffic. Haven't spoken to her since. This was about 4-5 months ago and sometimes I still think about getting piss drunk, calling her, and cussing her out.

Probably the pettiest because I felt like shit after, don't really care about it now. Knew ahead of time the road I wanted to go, she was a sociopath. Told her how we could scheme money from the neighborhood clowns with a expensive garage sale. A week later when I knew what time she'd be getting home I not only changed the locks I had all her shit on display for sale. She only noticed till the very last minute when her cherished ring from her "Bestfriend a.k.a fuck buddy" was mid transaction for more than he bought it for. The following week spotted her with him again, it was clearly over but I wasn't done being petty.I still had the keys to her car, got in, drove off, and scraped it myself. She still had to make payments though as she only had liability coverage for it. Sorry not sorry tbh.

Scraped as in scrape, or total?

Damn.

The best revenge is living well, I know my ex wife follows my social media. So she's seen I'm now with younger prettier woman (I got me salty message about that). Next she's going to see the bigger new house that we have brought. I don't have to say or do anything, the ex wife will work up her own bitterness and jealousy.

Never bothered to do anything to any of my ex girlfriends, other than bitch about them to my friends. Was far too focused on getting a new girlfriend.

Wew lad.

After my ex broke up with me after a 5 year relationship, I wrote several hurtful letters that I never sent. It actually felt nice. I got all my hurt feelings out without hurting anyone. We talked one other time, and we left everything on good terms. My breakups tend to be very mature haha.

When I was in college, my roommate was cheating on his girlfriend and she found out about it. She had one of her pregnant friends pee on a pregnancy test, and then left the positive test on his dresser with a note saying, "We need to talk."

She wouldn't return his phone calls or emails for weeks and he nearly had mental breakdown over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom