• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2016 |OT| Friendship ended with PK, now Shea is my best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
0GTrZeq.png

October - when leaves start to turn orange, pumpkin spice is everything, and when hockey officially returns, and none of that World Cup bullshit either.

A lot of shit happened in the off-season, most notably a blockbuster trade sending PK Subban to Nashville in exchange for Shea Weber. So, you're pretty much caught up on what happened. Oh, and Vegas got a team and Taylor Hall is a Devil too. I guess those are important. Don't sweat the details too much.

The season officially kicks off on October 12.

Let's honour the past...

...and dread the future.

zroid

Banned
NHL-GAF Allegiance List

medium.png

• Calamari41
  • Dastardly Jerks
  • Giggzy
  • Heretic
  • SmackCrackleNPop
  • Ursn

medium.png

• CosmicQueso
  • HariKari

medium.png

• ActStriker
  • MacAttack
  • Sanjuro
  • Serpico99
  • vatstep

medium.png

• ColdPizza
  • demosthenes
  • Fei
  • HadesGigas
  • OnPoint
  • Trey

medium.png

• Terrordactyl
  • yodathesoda
  • zedge

medium.png

• Entropia
  • Syrinx

medium.png

• alexthekid
  • apocalidiot
  • Clockblockers
  • Marvie_3
  • MeBecomingI
  • Revenant
  • wsoxfan1214

medium.png

• 19 & 21
  • Chris R
  • DrForester
  • Fata1moose
  • Xeteh

medium.png

• Foggy

medium.png

• kingslunk
  • megachao24
  • Pikma
  • Quikies83
  • TurtleSnatcher

medium.png

• CrazedArabMan
  • PillarEN
  • Plinko
  • pringles
  • scissorfight
  • SmackAttack
  • Wingfan19

medium.png

• dem
  • Orca
  • Parch
  • sheroking
  • The Internet

medium.png

• Dubbedinenglish

medium.png

• Clydefrog
  • Line_HTX
  • Livingskeletons

medium.png

• FUBAR McDangles
  • Vman

medium.png

• CreeperBlocks
  • Heshinsi
  • IcyBlueStrawberry
  • imbask
  • Kifimbo
  • lamaroo
  • Mentok
  • JCV
  • Razorskin
  • r3n4ud
  • Red_Man
  • SCHUEY F1
  • Solo

medium.png

• bill0527
  • Gunstar Ikari

medium.png

• Pikma
  • righthandmouse
  • sirronoh

medium.png

• TeethMummy

medium.png

• MetatronM
  • RedRum
  • Stasis

medium.png

• Buba Big Guns
  • Cake Boss
  • equippedwithtowel
  • GSG Flash
  • KernelPanic
  • Silexx

medium.png

• Curufinwe
  • jello44
  • MultiJhonny
  • SolidSnakeUS

medium.png

• Alucard
  • Fate_Shirou
  • kassatsu
  • purg3
  • ryan299
  • ShadowSoldier89
  • Zaraki_Kenpachi

medium.png

• Acid08
  • Cat Party

medium.png

• Freyjadour
  • Holiday
  • StylesClash
  • Weevilone

medium.png

• Alligatorjandro
  • nubcake
  • ZeroGravity

medium.png

• BigJonsson
  • bonesmccoy
  • Cactus
  • Delryk
  • DopeyFish
  • dr.rocktopus
  • ElephantShell
  • Kave_Man
  • Kuro Madoushi
  • Merguson
  • mdubs
  • Montresor
  • OCDChewie
  • Pestilence11
  • Quick
  • Reckheim
  • Samyy
  • shadowkat
  • Simon Belmont
  • Spl1nter
  • SuperSonic1305
  • User33
  • Yawnier
  • yyzjohn
  • Zombie James
  • zroid

medium.png

• aidan
  • bishoptl
  • iLLmAtlc
  • Indrid Cold
  • Lone_Prodigy
  • NetMapel
  • Ondor
  • RC
  • Smiley90
  • Socreges
  • trifelife
  • TUSR

vgkharok.jpg

• astroturfing
  • mo60

medium.png

• Coldnoodle
  • excelsiorlef
  • ShaneB
  • Silver Arrows

medium.png

• calder
  • Erdrick
  • fallout
  • JK-Money
  • ShinRPGamer

Holiday

Banned
that Kessel picture, thumbs up

"What if I told you...that a hot dog could be the breakfast of champions?"

RedRum

Banned
So many Leafs fans. The 2013 Canadian collapse, of which I wasn't a member yet, must have shut down NHL-GAF for a time.

Pikma

Banned
We are winning a hockey game and by we I mean the New Jersey Devils!!!!

Edit: HOLY SHIT Travis Hall plays for the New Jersey Devils now why didn't anyone tell me!!!!!!!

Edit2: whooops I got his name wrong, fixd

Edit3: oh fuck we are not winning anymore

Edit4: oooooooh yeaaaaaah

MPW

habs should make the playoffs this year

price was good in the world cup, so was weber

radulov looking good in the pre season

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Subban with an interference penalty 5 minutes into the preseason game, trade redeemed for Montreal

lol

edit: And Tampa Bay scored on it too, we totally got fleeced

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
AUSTON MATTHEWS
AUSTON MATTHEWS
AUSTON MATTHEWS
AUSTON MATTHEWS

AUSTON

MATTHEWS

AUSTON

MATTHEWS

I hope you Duck fans like Randy "grit and compete level" Bobandy.

Ugh, dump and chase. I remember it well. I wonder how much control he actually has. They kept Paul MacLean who improved the power play tremendously last year and kept Trent Yawney who improved the defense and penalty kill. Carlyle didn't bring anyone else with him. Other change is Roloson left for personal reasons so we promoted our minor league goaltending coach (Maharaj)

iLLmAtlc

medium.png

• BigJonsson
  • bonesmccoy
  • Brinbe
  • Cactus
  • DopeyFish
  • dr.rocktopus
  • ElephantShell
  • Kave_Man
  • Kuro Madoushi
  • Merguson
  • Montresor
  • OCDChewie
  • Quick
  • Samyy
  • shadowkat
  • Simon Belmont
  • Spl1nter
  • SuperSonic1305
  • User33
  • Yawnier
  • yyzjohn
  • Zombie James
  • zroid

this is gonna be a long season

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think Paliotta has been on for the last 3 or 4 Devils goals now. Debs' NHL roster eating these Wolf Pack kids alive at this point.

I barely watched any Leafs games last year because of my new job and also the fact that the Leafs were terrible. Looking forward to caring about every game again.

RBH

Las Vegas hockey fans can stop suggesting names for the valley’s NHL expansion team. Owner Bill Foley has decided on a name.

But fans will have to wait until mid- to late October to find out the full name.

Everything is a go after months of deliberation, going through legal hoops to secure the trademarks, copyrights and domain names, and the team will be called the Silver Knights, Desert Knights or Golden Knights.

“The name is definitely set,” Foley said Monday from California. “But I can’t tell you exactly what it is. That’s a secret.”

Foley remains committed to having a major announcement party at T-Mobile Arena. But with so few open dates at the building next month, his options are limited, so he has chosen to wait.

He said the color scheme is also set and the final logos were being made by adidas, which has worked with the team and the NHL for the past few months on the design and colors.

The plan is for NHL commissioner Gary Bettman to attend the major announcement, schedule permitting.

Foley said while the wait has cost the team millions of dollars in sales, he thinks it can make up a good percentage of it once the nickname is announced and that shirts, hats and, most important, jerseys become available.

“The jerseys are going to look great,” he said. “Everyone’s going to want one.”

The team will have its own store at T-Mobile Arena, and the tentative plan is to have merchandise available for sale the day of the announcement of the nickname.

From the beginning of his pursuit of an NHL team, Foley was partial to a team name that included Knights. A West Point graduate, he originally envisioned calling his team the Black Knights. But he realized there would be legal issues, and there was pushback from the U.S. Military Academy and from fans who simply hated the name.

Foley did some legal maneuvering, but by adding a prefix to Knights, he secured something close to what he wanted. He also had to do some subterfuge to throw would-be poachers off the scent.

But he managed to keep his team in the news, and he won’t apologize for that.

“We’ve gotten all this publicity, and we’ve stayed in the news,” he said. “I couldn’t be happier.”
http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...ill-be-called-silver-desert-or-golden-knights

Bill Foley said the unveiling of the Las Vegas NHL expansion team's name, logo and colors being pushed back to early November.
https://twitter.com/stevecarprj/status/779076378301915136

They won't play for another year and haven't even announced a team name yet, but the new NHL franchise in Las Vegas has already reached the limit on season ticket deposits for its inaugural campaign in 2017-18.

The team announced Monday that it had reached the cap on deposits for the maximum 16,000 season tickets for their first season. Fans that didn't get their deposits in before this will be able to put money down for a spot on the waiting list.

The brand new T-Mobile Arena, located just off the Las Vegas Strip near New York, New York, is expected to have a capacity of 17,500 for hockey.
To have this many deposits collected is a huge victory for the expansion team before they ever step foot on the ice. It also hopes quell skepticism amid the scrutiny this team will face simply because it is the first major professional franchise in Las Vegas.

This has been a process 18 months in the making, as then-prospective owner Bill Foley had asked the NHL for permission to seek down-payments on season tickets. At that point, the team didn't have any assurances that they would be accepted into the NHL.
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/l...out-season-ticket-deposits-a-year-in-advance/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom