• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Homicide closes down, drops lawsuit

“The case dismissal was only due to financial reasons caused by the removal of our games. I believe the case was very solid. There were in excess of 140 false statements by the 11 steam users, tens of thousands of posts harassing myself and my customers, three direct interference with written contracts with third parties by steam users (some of which were competitors), and much more. A combined in excess of 25 reports were filed against the worst users of the 11 with no resolutions being found.

Inevitable really.

Edit: original story found here, thanks Lik:

https://techraptor.net/content/digital-homicide-dismiss-steam-users

Next week's Jimquisition will be glorious.

Edit: He can speak freely of it now, correct? nvm, article wouldn't load but seems this is just against the steam users.

Krakn3Dfx

I believe the case was very solid.

tumblr_ng8tw2Arps1rfd7lko1_400.gif

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
The link to the article is acting funky so I'll ask here:

Is it a lawsuit drop against steam users and the Jim sterling one as well?

Gaspard

Wow, they're sticking to their guns until the end.

Tragic for the families of those involved with this loony company. I hope the legal charges don't leave them in deep financial struggles.

Dunkley

“We may have been painted in a negative customer light by gaming media, truthfully we’ve been fighting for lower prices and a more open market – which to me is the most important thing for consumers.”

As the article author states themselves, it really is hard to believe that when that guy tried to sue Steam users.

Pudge

Next week's Jimquisition will be glorious.

Edit: He can speak freely of it now, correct? nvm, article wouldn't load but seems this is just against the steam users.

That's a different lawsuit. The full quotes can be found here, he brings up the Sterling lawsuit as well as this one: https://techraptor.net/content/digital-homicide-dismiss-steam-users

LOL I was Ninja'd by you and by the person I was quoting. How horrible.

Savitar

They'll be back.

You know they will be.

As someone else or part of something.......but we'll hear from them again, anyone that thinks they're going to walk away now are deluded. So were they.

stilgar

Looks like their only victim was themselves, after all*

*I know. There's only so much puns a man can do dammit

Top Bottom