• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
VDysg7.gif

We have reached peak Trump. We are finally here.

I know I made this joke in another thread.

Trump hasn't even begun to peak. And when he does peak, you’ll know. Because he's gonna peak so hard that everybody in America is gonna feel it.

KJRS_1993

As an outside observer, I'm not sure why this absolutely awful thing that Donald Trump has said is proving to be so much more damaging to him than all of the other absolutely awful things that he has said before.

What is it about this awful thing in particular that's screwing him so hard?

As an outside observer, I'm not sure why this absolutely awful thing that Donald Trump has said is proving to be so much more damaging to him than all of the other absolutely awful things that he has said before.

1) It's awful for him because of all the (hypocritical) endorsement reversals.

2) It doesn't matter as far as his candidacy. That was already toast. He had no realistic chance of winning even before this.

rossonero

The other stuff was all about what he will do or what others in his employ have done. This is about what he himself has said he has done or what he does.

That's my guess, but it could also be that republicans draw the line by white women.

ISOM

Probably because a lot of white fathers with white daughters are able to empathize with their daughter being assaulted sexually instead of example b minority. And also undecided or right leaning white women who may have backed trump will now have something more personal reason to turn their support away from him. Basically this hits a little too close to home for a lot of people.

Harmen

I am glad this seems to cost him big time and what he said is obviously terrible, but it kind of baffles me that from all the shit he has said and done, that this blows up so big in comparison.

turmoil

Banned

Half of the country are women. Latinos, blacks, muslims, etc are minorities, and a lot of people don't give a fuck about minorities.

I could see a teenager saying the things he said, but he was what 59 making these comments. Goes to show he's just a guy that likes power hungry at his age. Glad this shit finally came out to expose him more to his followers.

Klocker

You are underestimating the value that we place on respecting a woman's body and right to not have asshats in positions of power sexually assault them without fear of repercussions. All the other people that Trump has offended were more or less able to defend themselves. This goes against being a civilized man in a modern society where sexual harassment by people in power is a big deal. See fox news.

It is no longer acceptable in any form and many peole have a partner, many of whom are women. they kind of don't stand for that shit. Not to mention the attempted infidelity anf that over half the electorate are women

Trump touched the third rail in this one

BBC News this morning (I'm an American in England) seems to confirm my fear that it will mean nothing in the long run. They had two guests, one of which covered the Republican side of things and she said that despite all the hullabaloo, his numbers hadn't really shifted at all and that he was even up a bit in Ohio. :/ Does anything hurt this guy? I'm just baffled.

There is zero post tape polling released. Probably won't be till after the debate, either. They are just lying or stupid.

Also anyone mid polling probably had to reset everything since this is such a huge paradigm shift as their polls would be useless.

kirblar

He's bragging about sexually assaulting women.

Women are currently a majority of the population.

KJRS_1993

He's bragging about sexually assaulting women.

Women are currently a majority of the population.

Right, but it's not as if his contempt for women was a big dirty secret for him until this tape came out, he's been pretty clear about it in the past as well.

Just interested, thanks for the responses guys.

dumbo

2) It doesn't matter as far as his candidacy. That was already toast. He had no realistic chance of winning even before this.

Indeed. Looking back at previous Trump comments/actions, a lot of politicians have no qualms backing a candidate that is a complete [censored], they only find their "moral outrage" when that candidate looks like losing.

Rats and a sinking ship.

Biske

I think it really just comes down to having the presidential nominee on tape saying

"grab them by the pussy"

The full conversation is horrific enough, but that one line "grab them by the pussy" has it all, its predatory, its fucking weird, its gross, pussy is a dirty dirty word, contempt for women, sexual pervert" etc etc

all distilled down into... pussy.

Donald Trump, on tape talking about pussy.

Its just too simple and direct to ignore. Give that to republicans who have been wanting to jump ship from the start and bam.

Corto

Right, but it's not as if his contempt for women was a big dirty secret for him until this tape came out, he's been pretty clear about it in the past as well.

Just interested, thanks for the responses guys.

It's a mix of listening from the horse's mouth that he uses his fame status to abuse women with no fear of any repercussions, the vulgarity of the comments, and describing the advances on a married woman. There's no possible spinning from this, no way to argue for a justification, no way out. But Trump is trying the "Bill Clinton" card and it will explode on his face latter today.

Supast4r

White privledge.

US is primarily a white country so the idea that trump can be an extreme racist, homophobic, sexist is fine because "he is tough on Hillary and he's an outsider." But the moment that he actually says something recorded about being willing to sexually harass attractive women; senators their panties in a fit because they can't imagine their white daughters being safe with trump. Definition of white privledge.

Nordicus

Yes, anyone who's followed him long enough would keep him clear of any women, but in previous examples, his surrogates could have spun each event individually because it was "misinterpreted" from a speech that he gave, "just" allegations and hearsay, or they were not misogynistic to the point of being criminal.

Now he essentially confessed in a private conversation that he'll assault women just because he's famous. Heck, not confess, he straight up bragged.

It's unspinnable. GOP knows it, and they were already considering dropping Trump. It's not worth the effort to defend him anymore.

Squire

Banned
Probably not new news but I'm loving Jerry Springer in this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1cLSRjX3_8

This was great. Thanks for sharing.

I think it really just comes down to having the presidential nominee on tape saying

"grab them by the pussy"

The full conversation is horrific enough, but that one line "grab them by the pussy" has it all, its predatory, its fucking weird, its gross, pussy is a dirty dirty word, contempt for women, sexual pervert" etc etc

all distilled down into... pussy.

Donald Trump, on tape talking about pussy.

Its just too simple and direct to ignore. Give that to republicans who have been wanting to jump ship from the start and bam.

Yeah, I was talking with a friend last night that also figured it really is just this simple. Just the terminology of it.

"Grab them by the push."

"Pussy"

It's too vulgar, too explicit, just too much for the conservative right to ignore.

Live audio of a Presidential candidate for the U.S. bragging about sexually assaulting women is mild?

The fuck

Compared to him calling most Mexicans rapists, wanting people to be profiled and banned from coming to the country based on their religion and ethnicity, wanting people to be tortured etc? Yeah this locker room bravado is pretty mild.

I mean don't get me wrong, this is a fucking terrible thing to say. But grading it on a curve it's not even in the top 5 worst things he has said since he started the campaign.

Which is why reps withdrawing support for this is hilarious.

jonjonaug

Compared to him calling most Mexicans rapists, wanting people to be profiled and banned from coming to the country based on their religion and ethnicity, wanting people to be tortured etc? Yeah this locker room bravado is pretty mild.

I mean don't get me wrong, this is a fucking terrible thing to say. But grading it on a curve it's not even in the top 5 worst things he has said since he started the campaign.

Bragging about sexually assaulting women and getting away with it because he's rich and famous is very different than just bragging about having sex with lots of women.

You're missing the part where it isn't just talk this time, it's talk in which he admits to sexually assaulting women. I hope you understand that it's worse to actually in real life sexually assault someone than it is to say that you think Mexicans are rapists.

Bragging about sexually assaulting women and getting away with it because he's rich and famous is very different than just bragging about having sex with lots of women.

Both of them are still bragging. Not as bad as some of the other horrendous shit he has said.

I am not saying it's not a bad thing to say. It is completely indefensible. But compared to some really scary stuff he has said (not the least of which is "why can't we nuke people"), this is mild.

Both of them are still bragging. Not as bad as some of the other horrendous shit he has said.

I am not saying it's not a bad thing to say. It is completely indefensible. But compared to some really scary stuff he has said (not the least of which is "why can't we nuke people"), this is mild.
Again, it's not that he's bragging, it's what he's bragging about. The admission of having committed sexual assault is the problem.

If I go into someone's house and murder them, then go to a bar and brag about it, the problem isn't that I bragged about it, the problem is that I murdered someone.

Maledict

Because everything else he has said is a potential thing. You can wave it away as 'he wouldn't do that' or 'he didn't mean that'.

This is him, in record, boasting about sexually assaulting women, and abusing his status to get away with it. It's a factual matter, rather than a potential thing in the future.

It's very different to his other stuff, as horrible as it is. He's committed crimes, and boasting about it.

It was caught on tape. So it provided a completely unambiguous and undeniably horrible thing for his supporters who hate him to jump ship without fucking up their political prospects as badly if they jumped earlier or went down with the ship.

Forearms

Because everything else he has said is a potential thing. You can wave it away as 'he wouldn't do that' or 'he didn't mean that'.

This is him, in record, boasting about sexually assaulting women, and abusing his status to get away with it. It's a factual matter, rather than a potential thing in the future.

It's very different to his other stuff, as horrible as it is. He's committed crimes, and boasting about it.

THANK YOU!

It's really unfortunate to have to see these types of responses so far into this scandal. I'm really amazed how people keep downplaying the severity of this audio/video.

RangerX

Banned
So Trump is completely and utterly done now then right? I think he was done long before this but this has to be the final nail in the coffin The vile fucker should never have gotten there but I wouldn't be too fond of Clinton either. As an outsider I have to say this whole election campaign has bordered on farcical. This isn't how politics should work.

So Trump is completely and utterly done now then right? I think he was done long before this but this has to be the final nail in the coffin The vile fucker should never have gotten there but I wouldn't be too fond of Clinton either. As an outsider I have to say this whole election campaign has bordered on farcical. This isn't how politics should work.

He can't be done. It would be clear as day this election was rigged.

Powers at be not having that. We're getting this fucker to November, and America is along for the ride!!!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

All of those other things he's said are potentially positives for the crude elements of the right.

This one isn't, and is genuinely shocking to both sides of the political spectrum.

In fact, this transgression offends the sensibilities of the right in a particular way. The whole reason you appeal to them by building walls, implementing hardline criminal justice or telling them you'll carpet bomb ISIS, is because the right is very into protecting their home and family from degenerate predators.

Well, Trump has indicated that he might be one of those predators that you need to protect your wives and daughters from.

I am going to assume this won't effect him in the slightest. He has said far worse shit and has gotten away with it, I am surprised this is the thing that will sink him it it does, because right now while it seems like a big deal, I think it will amount to a whole lot of nothing.

BBC News this morning (I'm an American in England) seems to confirm my fear that it will mean nothing in the long run. They had two guests, one of which covered the Republican side of things and she said that despite all the hullabaloo, his numbers hadn't really shifted at all and that he was even up a bit in Ohio. :/ Does anything hurt this guy? I'm just baffled.

Um, the dozens of people that are pulling from his Republican establishment support along with the endorsements towards him? It's huge news because it means that will affect his chances of becoming president.

List of Donald Trump Presidential Campaign Endorsements, 2016

Just look at this list of all the support that he has (or used to have).

All we're missing at this point is a bunch of women taking him to court Cosby style.

He can't be done. It would be clear as day this election was rigged.

Powers at be not having that. We're getting this fucker to November, and America is along for the ride!!!

But his chances of winning are plummeting and the RNC can feel it from a mile away. They have no hope left, but they never deserved hope in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom