• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Suggests Paul Ryan Struck Some 'Sinister Deal' Behind His Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there was really a point where Trump honestly thought that he was going to win? He and his supporters live in such a tiny bubble that they may really believe there's a huge grassroots movement behind them. I keep seeing his supporters carrying "silent majority" signs so it really does seem like they think everyone secretly supports Trump but is ashamed to say.

With less than four weeks to go and way down in the polls, Trump has decided to spend an entire news cycle waging war against Paul Ryan because he's incredibly thin-skinned and petty. Let's see how well that works out for him.
Less than four weeks? Election Day is November 28th.

I wonder if there was really a point where Trump honestly thought that he was going to win? He and his supporters live in such a tiny bubble that they may really believe there's a huge grassroots movement behind them. I keep seeing his supporters carrying "silent majority" signs so it really does seem like they think everyone secretly supports Trump but is ashamed to say.

I firmly believe he still firmly believes he is going to win and that it is mathematically impossible for him to lose.

I mean look how much Mitt overestimated his chance to win. And he's largely sane.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The single greatest debate performance in history?

Send this guy to the mental hospital, what the hell is wrong with him?

Ithil

heard rush limbaugh begin his radio segment today with begging trump to stop what he's doing and i just sat there smiling enjoying every second of the sack of shit's dismay

Imagining

1176608.gif

Ithil

Ironically of course their "silent majority" is by far the most obnoxiously loud of any candidate's fanbase's from the start of both Primaries.

I firmly believe he still firmly believes he is going to win and that it is mathematically impossible for him to lose.

I mean look how much Mitt overestimated his chance to win. And he's largely sane.
Well Mitt was lead astray by Karl Rove remedial polling... what's Trumps excuse? He only reads the Breitbart poll?

... wait, that could totally be true.

Ironically of course their "silent majority" is by far the most obnoxiously loud of any candidate's fanbase's from the start of both Primaries.
The thing I don't understand is why they believe that anyone would lie about who they were voting for to a pollster. Aren't these polls all anonymous? It's not like Shame Septa is going to be standing outside your door ringing a bell to alert all of your neighbors that you're voting for Trump.

I mean she definitely should but she won't.

While Trump is just sticking his head in the sand, there was some body of evidence behind Romney thinking he'd perform better than the polls in a few key states which recent polls had under-predicted in previous congressional elections. In 2010 and 2014 there were a series of key polls that under-predicted Republican gains in congressional and gubernatorial races.

Nate Silver wrote about it after 2014, The Polls Were Skewed Toward Democrats.

This isn't Trump's argument though. Trump's argument is sticking his fingers in his ears and saying "LALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU LALALALA"

RPGCrazied

Paul Ryan has some pretty strong party loyalty, holy shit, if I was him I would have told him fuck off a long time ago.

At least McCain seems to have a bigger spine than you.

The GOP gave this clown a megaphone and are responsible for not shutting it down long long ago. Now he's become the voice for a very sizable group of Americans who identify with his ideology. The damage is done and it may be irreparable at this point. To the Trump supporter nothing is ever their fault and they are the victim of something that is the cause of their unhappiness, anxiety, poor conditions, etc.

Paul Ryan has some pretty strong party loyalty, holy shit, if I was him I would have told him fuck off a long time ago.

At least McCain seems to have a bigger spine than you.

It's pretty simple. Ryan needs Trump more than Trump needs Ryan.

the answer is simple: Republican voters like Trump; Ryan risks losing the support of rank-and-file GOPers if he hits Trump too hard.

Trump is more popular among Republicans right now than Ryan is. In the most recent YouGov poll, for example, Trump’s net favorability rating (the percentage of respondents who rate him favorably minus the share who have an unfavorable opinion) among Republican primary voters was +36 percentage points. Ryan’s was just +16 points. Perhaps more telling is that Trump’s “very favorable” rating among this group is 34 percent, while Ryan’s is only 13 percent.

This means two things. First, Ryan really doesn’t have as much credibility among Republicans as Trump does. Second, if forced to choose, Republicans would almost certainly choose Trump over Ryan.

Ryan's current approach is to free up House members to do what they need to do regarding Trump...for the greater good of the party. It's not great for his personal campaign.

GhaleonEB

I keep seeing this unfold, and understanding more and more why Boehner bailed the fuck out of there. He'd dealt with the crazies in the House long enough, he'd want nothing to do with this shit. His unexpected retirement seems smarter every day.

Seik

Banned
IDK, being Paul Ryan, I would just, you know, leave politic or just fucking put my pants on and put Trump on blast for being GOP's demise.

When the head of your party publicly shits on you like that, I mean, that's not really valorizing.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I keep seeing this unfold, and understanding more and more why Boehner bailed the fuck out of there. He'd dealt with the crazies in the House long enough, he'd want nothing to do with this shit. His unexpected retirement seems smarter every day.

He probably didn't know what exactly was coming, but knew he didn't want to be around for it.

It was probably part of it, but I think it had to really hurt when the crazies went after the Papal visit.

It's like he could play the cynical politician only as long as they didn't step on the things he actually believed.

Aye, and precisely why Ryan never wanted the role. He would have much preferred to hold off on 4 or 8 years for the party to settle to take a new leadership role.

I wonder if Mr. Gym Rat is going to tuck his tail between his legs and fellate Trump like it seems the rest of the GOP is starting to do:

NYT said:
“Like most Nebraskans, I am fully committed to defeating Hillary Clinton,” Ms. Fischer told a Nebraska radio station. “I support the Republican ticket. and I plan to vote for Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence on November 8th.”

Ms. Fischer reiterated that she found Mr. Trump’s remarks unacceptable, but added, “I never said that I wasn’t voting for our Republican ticket.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/gop-reaction-donald-trump.html?_r=0

Ryan watched the debate and didn't want to lie to you, Donnie.

Also, can we just move this election to next week and be done with it.

I wonder if Mr. Gym Rat is going to tuck his tail between his legs and fellate Trump like it seems the rest of the GOP is starting to do:
Probably, I think that It's starting to sink in that the Republican party belongs to him now. All it took was Trump going out on Sunday night regurgitating all of the Clinton talking points that they encouraged over the years to satisfy the rabid base and now the party has no choice but to ride into hell with him.

digdug2k

I'm amazed the GOP still thinks they'd actually get anything done in Congress even if they did elect him. They'd be constantly battling vetos because "Untrustworthy Derrick over there didn't shake my hand last week".

I'm confused - it's Paul Ryan running for president? Why are they wasting time and resources on him unless Trump has truly given up and it's just going scorched earth now.

megalowho

Trump is a puppet to whoever's whispering in his ear at any given time since analytical thinking is not his strong suit. Now Bannons paranoia is his paranoia. I'm sure everyone in his inner circle knows this, they'd have an incredible amount of power and sway if he makes it to the White House. In Trump's personal reality, facts and common sense are secondary to unsubstantiated what ifs from the folks that stroke your ego. Especially if it hurts people that were mean to him.

This guys is a dangerous psychopath and I really wish he would just go away. This is so stressful. I hate going on youtube and seeing 10 trending videos of him and his rallies with 100,000+ views. The comments filled with anti Hillary nonsense and racism and everything putrid and deplorable a human could say. Come on already November :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom