• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeming surge of hate crimes, assaults, intimidation in wake of Trump victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarky

Banned
Hey Trump Gaffers thanks for help making this happen no I'm serious I'm totally not incredibly pissed you just fucked us minorities for the foreseeable future. (Grits teeth)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Cw2OLfiWgAI6qEa.jpg
Neither does grammar apparently.

Don't worry guys, all we have to do is educate these fine folks. We've been told that's the right thing to do.

The voters have allowed this to be okay.

Yup. Nobody explained to the bottle thrower the plight of the LGBT community. Or carved a poem on the state of racism in the bathroom stall. See, they don't know not to do that without us educating them why it is wrong.

Look, could you guys please take a second and try to empathise with these guys? And this would have happened no matter what the result was anyway!

It's such a crock of fucking bullshit. If you attempt to empathise with any bigot you're just giving them a platform and giving legitimacy to their view in that it's an understandable alternative. I really hope the people who voted for Trump or refused to vote against him are alright with these images because they're part of the reason these fucks are feeling empowered right now.

What can people even do about this? People will get attacked, and you're supposed to what, report it to the police? Seems like at this point, you'd be lucky if the police don't beat you more.

Holy shit, America.

2nd Amendment

You feel your life is at risk, point and shoot.

Not to be misinterpreted, even one of these instances happening is one too many. But these things were happening prior to Trump too. I'm unsure if they are correlated with him winning as suggested in the title.

What do you think, open your eyes. Trump winning has emboldened these dickweeds to go after anybody who isn't lily white and straight.

Not to be misinterpreted, even one of these instances happening is one too many. But these things were happening prior to Trump too. I'm unsure if they are correlated with him winning as suggested in the title.

I firmly believe trump winning has emboldened the racist. Mark my words it will get worse.

Chiggs

Doubt it. NRA supported by racists.

Plus, most black-on-white-violence is deemed unjustified.

I disagree. The NRA would gladly take some minority self defense examples. It's basically diversifying their portfolio, if you will.

And there are plenty of non-racists in the NRA too, but we all know how fun blanket statements are.

DedValve

Banned
To re-iterate: All Trump Supporters Are RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC, ISLAMOPHOBIC, BIGOTED cunts.

EVERY. LAST. ONE.

And before anyone quotes bu-b-bub- stfu and accept that if you are a Trump supporter than everything I said is true on some level. You may not be screaming "fuck the N' or the fags" but you are equally guilty of spreading this vile poison.

The Kree

Banned
What can people even do about this? People will get attacked, and you're supposed to what, report it to the police? Seems like at this point, you'd be lucky if the police don't beat you more.

Holy shit, America.

Empathize with them, obviously. They're only shitting on your existence because they have tremendous economic anxiety.

Not

Banned
I disagree. The NRA would gladly take some minority self defense examples. It's basically diversifying their portfolio, if you will.

And there are plenty of non-racists in the NRA too, but we all know how fun blanket statements are.

From your post to God's ear, my friend.

This is why I couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't imagine what I'd do if someone tried to threaten me or my wife like that. I fear that my anger would get the best of me and I'd do something I might regret.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Take the L, losers who won the popular vote.

Sit down, minorities who should know better than to offend white people by pointing out how many of them are racists and should excuse a movement that literal nazis said was made for them.

Give Trump a chance. He only promised to pay the legal fees for people who physically assault his enemies and has Mike "The LGBT Revenger" Pence as his right hand man.

Holy shit, America.

The police are the ones taking their photographs wearing Trump hats.

Everyone's thinking it, im saying it.

What happens if people get killed?

It feels like statistically it's only a matter of time until someone is murdered in the name of President Trump and the new White America. As horrible as it is, it's hard not to see it happening in the next four years.

At that point, I don't know. I guess we get to see how many democrats still say it's just about poor whites we don't understand. We will definitely get to see Trump babble and bubble nonsense evasively. Perhaps he'll threaten to sue the murder weapon for slander from an inanimate object. The GOP will surely say #notallkilers, how can you possibly know what inspired the mind of an insane person. Maybe at that point the media might grow a collective backbone as a whole, even if it's too late.

I hate social media because one has no idea if its invented or not.

But whatever it is can spread like wildfire if it hits at the right angle. It spreads as though it is a confirmed fact.

Sianos

look at that economic anxiety though

it's made evident by the fact that they all voted for the man with no plans for the economy besides "nonspecifically get the [already automated] jobs back" and "build a big wall"

yep

not racist at all

Beefy

People were saying this shit when Brexit happened as well. But violence towards minorities went up a hell of a lot. Like I and others have said, people that have voted for Trump have enabled him and people that share his views. Even if a person who voted Trump doesn't see themselves as racist / a bigot they are enabling shit like this.

Ryzaki009

Yeah we have to be the ones reaching across the lane, m i rite? Don't rock the boat and everything!

It's gonna get worse. Trump normalized alot of bigotry. I hope those fuckers that didn't vote are happy, those pieces of shit.

Nah they'll whine and complain and continue their #bothsides garbage.

Kazerei

Banned

In most of these instances, the bigots actually refer to Trump winning the election. Even if they didn't, it's not exactly a logical leap to say they're correlated, more of a logical step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom