• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No self control + Papa Johns + VISA card? "Free" large pizza everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
edit: We get it. you hate papa johns and prefer ___________! Just giving a heads up to fellow gaf members who are looking for a pizza deal

You need to get a legit order first. I been using this method for about a week. Basically you get a promo code the next morning after you use a VISA checkout(the service) on a order. You could "papa size" a pizza for $2 or just add a topping.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9539956-pa...e-pizza-in-a-future-order-using-visa-checkout

its called bulking up for winter right?

LDek02x.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I got a 1 topping small pizza from there for under $4 yesterday. Good deal. Promo was only for my area tho.

Thaedolus

I never get the hate for Papa John's. I mean it's sub par compared to any quality local joint but name me a national chain that's not Papa Murphy's which is better. I'll take it over Pizza Hut or Domino's any day.

SteveO409

I never get the hate for Papa John's. I mean it's sub par compared to any quality local joint but name me a national chain that's not Papa Murphy's which is better. I'll take it over Pizza Hut or Domino's any day.

it happens in every pizza thread on GAF. No worries, I think of it as a free bump

i've had a good hustle of opening new grubhub account and using coupons they send to one of my emals (daily) to save about 10$ on every order

but damn a free large pie

you trying to get me fat?

marrec

Banned

I mean, both Dominos and Pizza Hut are better. Papa Johns is garbage, especially for what you pay.

kirblar

It's the worst plain cheese pizza I have ever ate. Toppings probably hide the issues.

SteveO409

Just ordered one. Got the previous slick deals that was buy a 25$ gift card and get 2 free pizzas.

Reminder that you need to spend 1 cent or so with VISA checkout to get the promo code. I had that groupon deal too and added some toppings to get over the gift card balance

I agree. And to those saying it's not worth the price: I haven't paid full price for PJs in years. You can literally just Google Papa Johns coupons (or codes) and find one that at least gets you 25% off, usually closer to 50%. Many times it's tied to your local sports teams winning or scoring a certain amount, but I'm always able to find something.

And that new pan pizza? Yeah, that's the bee's knees right there.

Tigress

I used to like them but the last pizza I had tasted like Pizza Hut used to taste years ago (not sure how long ago cause I used to hate Pizza Hut and only recently realized their pizza has changed). I thought maybe it was a one time thing but apparently I'm not the only one noticing that. That's fine with me cause I the owner of Papa John's everytime I hear about him makes me not want to support him. So I'm totally fine not liking their pizza anymore (They really did change it though, it used to be the best fast food pizza and now it's disgusting. And I'm really not that picky about pizza tbh. I loved Dominoes when I was a kid. Pizza Hut really is the only pizza I've had that I found disgusting, that is before they changed it).

So yeah, used to be I refuse to eat at pizza hut and I liked papa john's a lot and now I'll eat at Pizza Hut and only papa john's when I have no choice (some one else is ordering). Though I prefer a local pizza place here that is super good (my Husband who is from New York says it equals New York pizza). After eating at that place I now understand why my husband refuses to call fast food pizza (papa john's, pizza hut, those type places) pizza. I still think he's wrong though about being adamant to only get "traditional" pizza toppings (I love chicken on my pizza, jalapeno peppers, and I like Hawaiian pizza. He wins when we go to that pizza place though cause they agree with him about what should be on a pizza, they outright put on their menu they don't do stuff like hawaiian pizza or chicken).

G.ZZZ

I'll never understand people who save on food. Especially prepackaged precooked one. It's literally what you're made of.

Have you had them since they redid their recipe a few years back? I like PJs a lot for a chain but Dominos is now clearly better to me.

Ditto

Domino's is much better since the self-affacing "We know we sucked, it's better now we promise" campaign.

That said we have a Papa John's super close by, and coupon deals / Groupon deals etc means I pick it up frequently, when we don't get our local little pizza joint.

Pasta... Put it in the pizza.
Fist sticks... Put it in the pizza.
Ketchup... Put it in the pizza.
Meatloaf... Awww Put it in the pizza.

Tigress

I'd rather eat 2k calories and drink 0 than eat 2k calories and drink an additional 500.

Exactly. Or if you are calorie counting (I lost 90 lbs that way and did keep it off for 5 years that way. Took a motorcycle accident that got me off the mentality to change that): I'd rather have those calories be in my food than my drink. Drinks are not filling. So yeah, I would be that person who went to McD's and got a large size meal/quarter lber with a diet coke. I had already calculated the calories for what I ate that day. And i didn't want to waste them on the drink (less fries for me when I could have a similar tasting drink and have more fries).

Good lord... I get two pizzas at once, once a month and it lasts two or three days and that's more than enough pizza for me before getting sick of it for a while. A large pizza a day, even with help... Not even for free.

ExVicis

I mean, both Dominos and Pizza Hut are better. Papa Johns is garbage, especially for what you pay.

Dominos maybe, but not Pizza Hut. Maybe it's just my local chain but I've never had good pizza from Pizza hut when ordered or even in the store.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'll never understand people who save on food. Especially prepackaged precooked one. It's literally what you're made of.

Why does this confuse me

I don't even understand what G.ZZZ is trying to say here.

Like... why try to save money when buying things if you're going to eat them but especially if they come in a package?

Is G.ZZZ having a stroke?

Ok good it wasn't just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom