• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third Wii U Online Multiplayer Shutting Down December 28

EDarkness

I had every intention of picking this game up, but with no IR support, I decided against it. The dream of ever having it patched in is dead now. I doubt I'll ever pick it up unless I can find it cheap somewhere just to have in my collection. The good part is that there are still quite a few months left before the server will get shut down.

Ninja Dom

I had an absolute blast with the single player, loved it. I should really start playing the multiplayer aspect of the game before it disappears.

How many people are online nowadays?

I don't think so
As you know, Nintendo shut down their NWC service killing online multiplayer for Wii and, afaik, MrBean and Wiim basically stopped giving support to CoD altogether on Wiimmfi because the game refused to use other host/server than demonware.net

Edit:
Yup, seems like it

https://wiimmfi.de/stat?disab=hide&test=sep&showall=+Show+All+Games+
The CoD Activision games (and Goldeneye 007...aka James Bond modern Warfare) were interesting in that they continued working once NWC was shut down like they didn't use the gamespy servers at all (I wonder if them being a big developer allowed them to do that or if anyone could choose to do so but nobody did).

Surprising. Nintendo almost never shuts down games, except when they had to drop DS/Wii because Gamespy killed itself. I wonder if this is a licensing thing since they don't actually own the game?
I got the impression from interviews is it was connecting to the developers servers as whathisface (erm Itudaki is it?) said something about there being plenty of player capacity which might not be a statement he would be qualified to say if it was part of Nintendo network.

It however makes me wonder what is going on with the f2p version. It is possible that it is being licensed or sold off (that might explain why tests have been regional too) and original devs just pulling the plug on their servers which is why the Wii U version is coming offline.

SalvaPot

The single player is a lot of fun, and the controls are satisfying for what its trying to do. Its just a silly silly game, and its aware of it. I think its the Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift of video games.

synce

I'm assuming the PC version was silently cancelled as well? Haven't heard anything since the beta tests

Saw this for ridiculously cheap but the servers are shutting in a couples days?? Nah.

The multiplayer scene has been dead for months now; Devil's Third is all about its amazing single player campaign. The cheese and jank comes together beautifully.

We'll probably never see anything like it again. :(

Online ends tomorrow.

Will see if anybody is playing later tonight.

Will finally special day my 160+ Golden Eggs on some costume items.

If I remember correctly you get like 20 for finishing the campaign, 10 for finding all the collectibles and 1 Egg for playing each of the nine levels in Score Attack and playing the chicken minigame.

-shadow-

Will probably play a game online today if I can connect with someone. It was fun earlier this year when I played it online. The chicken mode was amazing!

GUN-NAC

The final couple of hours now. I managed to get some last minute (well, 48 hrs) MP games on the EU servers for the first time. It was worth it, even though I was awful and had to use offscreen with the gamepad.

The chicken mode was amazing!

Yep. The exploding fruit blender mode too. Didn't get much of a chance to see what Siege had to offer, of course.

Top Bottom