• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

III-V

philm87

I think Infamous Second Son and First Light look best in HDR. Stunning with all the lighting and explosions going on. Ratchet and Clank does look incredible, like a CGI movie. Uncharted I'd say you don't notice as much of an impact from HDR, but definitely helps. Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta at the weekend and that looked pretty good.

In one of the Boost Mode threads Warframe came up and apparently that game already offers base PS4 Pro support since December:

Probably meaning it just utilises the extra hardware but no further enhancements have been added.

They do plan to add further enhancements this year so don't know if it should be added to the list in its current state?
Thanks for the info! It does seem to have framerate enhancements already, according to players on the official forums. So that would make it fine to add immediately, because the scale of the change isn't a deciding factor; I've included other very minor upgrades already.

The problem is, I've had issues tracking down exactly what the benefit to framerate is. Without specifics, the game would essentially just be a title stub, and I don't want to clutter up the list with those. But I will add it to the "need to verify" list when I can.

Just FYI, I will be taking a break from updating for several days due to work commitments. Please feel free to continue adding links, screenshots, and impressions here, and I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Thanks to all contributors!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I just tried Shadow of Mordor. Out of the 20+ Pro enhanced games, I've never heard my Pro make noise like it did when playing Mordor.

It was at least 10x louder than anything else. It was blowing very loud.

My experience so far has been Mafia 3 being the loudest, but that was mainly due to the fans spinning up and down randomly making a low volume annoying pitch noise. Nothing like the leaf blower that Mordor was.

I've tried almost all the demanding games and only got slightly louder fans.

Why would Mordor make it so loud? Is it doing anything crazy graphics wise?

III-V

I just tried Shadow of Mordor. Out of the 20+ Pro enhanced games, I've never heard my Pro make noise like it did when playing Mordor.

It was at least 10x louder than anything else. It was blowing very loud.

My experience so far has been Mafia 3 being the loudest, but that was mainly due to the fans spinning up and down randomly making a low volume annoying pitch noise. Nothing like the leaf blower that Mordor was.

I've tried almost all the demanding games and only got slightly louder fans.

Why would Mordor make it so loud? Is it doing anything crazy graphics wise?

Well the information is on the first page. This game offers dynamic 2160p.

What other games hold 4k almost always? I want to try those as well to see if that is what the culprit is for making my Pro so loud.
None of the other dynamic games hold as well as Shadow of Mordor. But you can check the list for the 4K games which aren't dynamic at all.

Unknown?

I think Infamous Second Son and First Light look best in HDR. Stunning with all the lighting and explosions going on. Ratchet and Clank does look incredible, like a CGI movie. Uncharted I'd say you don't notice as much of an impact from HDR, but definitely helps. Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta at the weekend and that looked pretty good.
Uncharted is subtle but big at the same time! Going back to non hdr looks like barf! All the green foliage is unrealistically saturated.

Here's some 1080p screens for Fallout 4:

amarectv2017-02-0912-7oqlq.png

amarectv2017-02-0912-2uqk7.png

amarectv2017-02-0912-wfr3o.png

Can't upload the 4k screens since they are more then 10MB unless I change them to jpegs lol.

edit: Here's 4k screens that I was able to upload

https://abload.de/img/fallout4_201702091225fkr7e.png
https://abload.de/img/fallout4_201702091229xspuk.png

R&C is well done, but the HDR king is currently The Witness.

ISS is very well done as well. UC4 is average HDR implementation (game is superb of course).

The Witness looks great so long as you don't go for the 4k/30fps option. The drop to 30fps is jarring and makes the game look fucking awful in motion. If one game has proven to me that framerate is more important than resolution (something I'd been agnostic on for years), it's this one.

Here's some 1080p screens for Fallout 4:

edit: Here's 4k screens that I was able to upload
Thanks for these! I was able to verify 1440p native rendering, and supersampling on 1080p displays. Including multiple framerate impressions from the other thread, I've added this to the list.

As mentioned before, I won't update again until Sunday at least. Screenshots, videos, and links are still encouraged and appreciated. I'd especially like to see 4K shots and framerate notes about Berserk, 100ft Robot Golf, and Warframe. Maybe I'd be able to put those to rest once and for all.

But anything is good!

juventino

Banned
Very well organized list, great job OP.

Off-topic, Ratchet and Clank is $9.99 new at gamestop until 17th. Everyone should get the game, if for nothing else then just as a showpiece for the Pro. Game looks STUNNING.

Boost mode and my recent purchase of a 4K TV was the reason why I bought a pro last weekend. Seeing my buddy play Ratchet & Clank on his pro was the reason I decided I needed this boost mode and a 4K TV. It is absolutely glorious and I'm in awe every time i play it

Ahasverus

So I have a question, will every new game have the pro patch already on the disc or will we have to download a hefty patch every single time from now on?

philm87

So I have a question, will every new game have the pro patch already on the disc or will we have to download a hefty patch every single time from now on?

I imagine for most new games it will come on the disc, only reason not to would be if it's not quite ready or if there's not enough space on the disc.

III-V

The Witness looks great so long as you don't go for the 4k/30fps option. The drop to 30fps is jarring and makes the game look fucking awful in motion. If one game has proven to me that framerate is more important than resolution (something I'd been agnostic on for years), it's this one.

Agree 100%, 4K 30 in this title is unplayable.

joeblow

"Perfect" can be to added to the list of PSVR titles with Pro support. Here are confirming comments from the developer:

Perfect does indeed support PS4 Pro - the experience on the Pro has a higher screen percentage and improved resolution. The exact difference between a standard PS4 and a pro depends on each environment, but there are improvements for all locations.

"Perfect" can be to added to the list of PSVR titles with Pro support.
Much appreciated. I've done so, along with putting in Warframe. In addition, I've made some minor changes to prepare for introduction of the Boost mode enhancements. I'm still adding to and managing that list, so it'll be ready to go when the firmware is.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The supersampling aspect is hazy to me, I have a 1080p tv, so is supersampling an automatic thing when a game is trying to run over 1080? And the only game I've tried so far is Nioh which had graphics options on a base PS4 too so I can't exactly tell how the supersampling stuff works.

The supersampling aspect is hazy to me, I have a 1080p tv, so is supersampling an automatic thing when a game is trying to run over 1080? And the only game I've tried so far is Nioh which had graphics options on a base PS4 too so I can't exactly tell how the supersampling stuff works.
Supersampling must be enabled by the developer and so far very few games don't do that. TLG, TLoU, KH 2.8 and Dishonored. Might have missed some.

Afrikan

what if you use change the TV motion interpolation picture settings to "Smooth"?

There are certain Single Player games I don't mind playing with this mode on.

A Pro-enhanced game's resolution often defaults to what the developer deemed best. But some of them may be selectable from an in-game menu. (They don't usually give exact resolutions, though, just descriptions like "higher resolution" mode versus "higher framerate" mode--which will have a lower resolution.)

If the default resolution or the resolution of the mode you picked is higher than 1080p, then on your TV you'll usually get supersampling. This smooths edges and reduces shimmer. More than 85% of enhanced games work this way.

However, the rest of them will detect that they're hooked to a 1080p display, and lower their default resolution automatically. (This is essentially the developer forcing a "prioritize framerate over resolution" mode on 1080p users.) To find which games do this, look in the OP list for modes with a red X next to them. You won't be able to use those modes on your 1080p TV; you'll get the orange dot modes instead.

Hope that's clear!

Deciding between PC and PS4 pro for sniper elite 4 but can't find anything about resolution gahh
Rebellion did a blog post stating the enhancements for Pro, and in it they didn't mention increased resolution. (This was only a couple weeks ago, so one assumes this is a final list of features.) Given that framerate, draw distance, LOD, lighting, shadows, and reflections are all listed as improved, this may be a case like Paragon where the developer has decided to spend the extra power on increased graphics and performance, rather than resolution.

That supposition is possibly supported by my pixel counting. I could only find one source of 4K screenshots that are definitely from PS4 Pro and not PC, which is this PlayStation Lifestyle review. I tested multiple edges from several of their 4K PNGs. My results consistently showed the game rendering at 1080p.

Keep in mind that PS4 Pro will take 4K screenshots even if the system is outputting to a 1080p display. So this isn't definitive proof that no higher resolution is available. But there is evident aliasing in the shots. So if Sniper Elite 4 has a higher-resolution mode on 4K displays, it doesn't seem to downsample for 1080p screens.

This is the data I'll post for the game, but as always I could be incorrect about these details. If anyone has other screenshots or footage, especially with Pro definitely running 4K output, they'd be helpful. Thanks!

bennibop

Rocket League Patch coming Feb 21st:

Thanks to our development friends at Panic Button, Rocket League will soon officially support the PlayStation 4 Pro!

On February 21, we will release a new update that allows Rocket League to run at both 1080p (on a standard PS4) and 4K (on PS4 Pro) at 60 frames per second in all arenas for single and two-player split-screen modes. Three and four-player split-screen modes will offer 60 frames per second in most arenas at the same resolutions.

Rebellion did a blog post stating the enhancements for Pro, and in it they didn't mention increased resolution. (This was only a couple weeks ago, so one assumes this is a final list of features.) Given that framerate, draw distance, LOD, lighting, shadows, and reflections are all listed as improved, this may be a case like Paragon where the developer has decided to spend the extra power on increased graphics and performance, rather than resolution.

That supposition is possibly supported by my pixel counting. I could only find one source of 4K screenshots that are definitely from PS4 Pro and not PC, which is this PlayStation Lifestyle review. I tested multiple edges from several of their 4K PNGs. My results consistently showed the game rendering at 1080p.

Keep in mind that PS4 Pro will take 4K screenshots even if the system is outputting to a 1080p display. So this isn't definitive proof that no higher resolution is available. But there is evident aliasing in the shots. So if Sniper Elite 4 has a higher-resolution mode on 4K displays, it doesn't seem to downsample for 1080p screens.

This is the data I'll post for the game, but as always I could be incorrect about these details. If anyone has other screenshots or footage, especially with Pro definitely running 4K output, they'd be helpful. Thanks!

Yeah that's what I assumed as well, with the devs upping the graphics instead. There's one video of PS4 Pro gameplay and it has a decent amount of aliasing visible, looks like rather much even for potential 1440p so it looks like 1080p.

bennibop

Homefront : The Revolution is getting a Pro Patch according to the developer;

'Also included, anyone with a PS4 Pro will have the dial turned up a little to see a boost to resolution and performance. There are also some HDR enhancements thrown in there too!'

black070

'Also included, anyone with a PS4 Pro will have the dial turned up a little to see a boost to resolution and performance. There are also some HDR enhancements thrown in there too!'

Damn it, I knew I should have picked it up when it was on sale !

You can say what you want about the game, but the postrelease support has been great so far. Most devs wouldn't care anymore.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

They should focus more on the 'performance' part first. Game in it's current state runs like ass.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Here's some Fallout 4 Pro shots from the early parts of the game. I gotta say, I might go ahead and install the simple green mod too based on the screenshots posted above, the game is somewhat lifeless as it is.

fallout4_201702161909fpss0.png

fallout4_201702161739wdsra.png

bennibop

Resogun patch has been released. Believe native 4k HDR also allows for super sampling.

Also have had a marketing email from Sony regards Dirt Rally stating that it now has VR and Pro Support.
Can anyone confirm whether that is just the VR version or the game as a whole.

Oneself

Resogun patch has been released. Believe native 4k HDR also allows for super sampling.

Also have had a marketing email from Sony regards Dirt Rally stating that it now has VR and Pro Support.
Can anyone confirm whether that is just the VR version or the game as a whole.
First reply on the US PS Blog (about Dirt) sadly confirms Pro support is only for VR mode.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
How are the improvements to Second Son? Was it strugglin' on base hardware but runs smooth as butter on Pro?

HooYaH

In one of the Boost Mode threads Warframe came up and apparently that game already offers base PS4 Pro support since December: http://wccftech.com/warframe-ps4-pro-hdr-dx12vulkan-support/

Probably meaning it just utilises the extra hardware but no further enhancements have been added.

They do plan to add further enhancements this year so don't know if it should be added to the list in its current state?

I play WF often, but I don't think there was any support for Pro even with the article you mentioned. I'm not sure, but enabling Boost mode seems to have smoother frames during certain game modes.

BigEmil

https://youtu.be/xw1XAFzF4o4

Resogun native 4K via Geometry Rendering according to VG Tech stable 60, has Supersampling support, added HDR and VFX additions

"vfx additions and bug fixes."
http://www.housemarque.com/resogun-4khdr-out-now/

The added vfx in the update is also present in standard PS4 too as reported by other users
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344934&page=2#footer
---
Also Nioh in the table for standard PS4 for Action Mode is not meant to be listed dynamic 1080p, it's actually more dynamic 900p, error? Action mode standard PS4 never reaches 1080p averages between 900 and 720

Jedi2016

I can't tell how well Resogun is downsampling, though, if it is at all. It looked fine in motion, but when I loaded the screenshots on my PC, they looked a bit jaggier than I would have expected from 4K>1080p.

anyone notice resogun also load a lot faster or it is just me
What are you comparing it to? The Pro in general has faster loading than standard PS4 on all titles, not just Pro-enhanced ones. It's possible Pro-enhanced games might be faster still, but I haven't seen much evidence for a big effect there.

Resogun native 4K via Geometry Rendering according to VG Tech stable 60, has Supersampling support, added HDR and VFX additions
Thanks, I've added the game now. Given how a typical RESOGUN screen is almost all edges and particles, geometry rendering makes sense as not giving very different results than full 4K rendering. Indeed, the paucity of textures makes it very difficult to verify VG Tech's verdict. But from what I can see it does seem likely correct.

However, on close examination I do not think the game supersamples at 1080p. Their screenshots do not show the type of AA pattern you'd expect from such a large downsample. Indeed, the AA may even be less effective than that on the standard PS4 (but this is an iffier point.) Supporting the lack of downsampling is quotes like this one, which is not unique:

I can't tell how well Resogun is downsampling, though, if it is at all. It looked fine in motion, but when I loaded the screenshots on my PC, they looked a bit jaggier than I would have expected from 4K>1080p.

In addition, there is a very small difference in performance if you set the Pro to 1080p. During the level-ending "Armageddon" sequence where everything on screen explodes, RESOGUN intentionally moves in slow-motion, attempting to reduce speed by 25%. But on standard PS4, and Pro at 4K, there's some stutter (less on Pro). On Pro at 1080p, though, the framerate is completely solid. This is only a few seconds long and doesn't affect gameplay.

Also Nioh in the table for standard PS4 for Action Mode is not meant to be listed dynamic 1080p, it's actually more dynamic 900p, error? Action mode standard PS4 never reaches 1080p averages between 900 and 720
While standard PS4 action mode might commonly hover beneath 900p, the dynamic target is clearly 1080p. This is demonstrated by the fact that the game has been analyzed by Digital Foundry at up to 972p. They didn't report any1080p screens, but pixel counting chooses specific frames manually rather than analyzing a bunch automatically. So very rare 1080p frames could easily be missed.

The exact niceties of dynamic metrics like these are tough to capture in the table. Reported framerates are even more likely to exhibit this lack of detail than dynamic resolution. For example, the play experience of a game that constantly hovers between 45 and 60fps is very different than one that usually runs 60fps, but experiences common drops to 45. Consistency or modality really can't be jammed into the small amount of space I have, which is why the OP recommends other sources for further detail.

But it may help to describe the conventions I use when listing framerates. From least predictable to most, here's the ladder I try to stick with:

Code:
EXAMPLE           MEANING
20-30fps          Relatively common fluctuations between the listed values
30fps w/ drops    Mostly the listed value, but occasional dips (which might be severe)
unstable 30fps    Hovers around the listed value, rarely sticking there
30fps w/ tearing  Usually maintains the listed value, but tears to keep it there
~30fps            Almost always the listed value, but there may be dips or brief runs that are lower
30fps             Almost always the listed value, with rare dips below
30fps judder      Stays at the listed value very consistently, but framepacing is off
locked 30fps      Stays at the listed value essentially all the time.

Please keep in mind that this might not be the exact order of preference for any specific person, as feelings about framerate inconsistency or tearing are subjective.

As always, any help people can give posting 4K screenshots and links, especially of the games in the "need screenshots" table of the OP, would be very much appreciated. Thanks to everyone for their help!

As always, any help people can give posting 4K screenshots and links, especially of the games in the "need screenshots" table of the OP, would be very much appreciated. Thanks to everyone for their help!
I am clueless as to how Mother Russia Bleeds' resolution is figured out. Here we go, though!

MRB4k01 said:
MRB2k01 said:
MRB4k02 said:
MRB2k02 said:
MRB4k03 said:
MRB2k03 said:

Top Bottom