• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copying downloaded Vita/PSP games from PS3 to Vita no longer works?

paulogy

Just hit this problem myself.

Just bought Capcom Puzzle World (PSP) in the flash sale. Can't direct download to Vita. Fire up the ol' PS3? Gotta update the firmware. Sign in to PSN? Gotta two factor authenticate. Go to the Store? Gotta update the Store. Update complete. Store freezes on launch. Gotta quit? System crashes on quit. Gotta rebuild the database. Sign in. Go to Store. Download Capcom Puzzle World. Connect Vita to PS3 via wifi. Error on download. Find this thread. Disable two factor authentication. Repeat download. Transfer complete. Just beat Sakura with my fierce Ken.

Phew! Playing these old PS1 games I just paid for sure is hard!

1upsuper

Any news of a workaround? Does disabling 2FA solve the problem for people? I'm trying to download some stupid $1 DLC for a PSP Metal Slug game and this is so frustrating.

jsnepo

Any news of a workaround? Does disabling 2FA solve the problem for people? I'm trying to download some stupid $1 DLC for a PSP Metal Slug game and this is so frustrating.

I disabled 2FA and it did work. I just enabled it back afterwards.

Dunkley

From what I learnt back when the whitelist hack was a thing and we were fumbling around with circumventing copying privileges of allowing non-whitelisted PS1/PSP games to be copied to the Vita, is that it does in fact need to authenticate with Sony's servers before it allows you to copy things between the platforms (to make sure you aren't transferring any non-whitelisted games to your Vita)

So my guess is just that 2FA does something to break that step (might be as simple as passwords not matching due to Vita/PS3 having own device passwords, might be more complicated than that).

Either way turning off 2FA did the trick for me as well, pity however that it broke that but I doubt we'll be seeing an update fix this if it can't be fixed within Sony's own authentication system on their servers.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Does this still work? Can I buy Blood Omen and MGS and transfer them to my Vita in North America?

Top Bottom