• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild "OMG I didn't know you could do that!" thread [SPOILERS]

18192310_257413268064100_4442006366199542782_o.jpg

18192569_257412121397548_6434118084521641428_o.jpg

18216720_257411288064298_7128156993845169375_o.jpg

Living up to my name :p

Koren

I said at least one, because I only remember one needing it. I might have not come across the others you speak of yet. I have found around 115 seeds. Almost 800 more to go :p
Oh, that probably explains it... I'm at 450 now, still finding those on a regular basis, but I can see myself running out of ideas soon.

And I still haven't seen the ones where you need
a horse
... In fact, I don't think I've encounter a new "puzzle" in the last 150 at the very least... I wonder how many kind of puzzles I haven't yet identified...

Does anyone knows a person with all Korok seeds? im asking because as i gater more and more i tend to see less of the bird flocks flying in a V formation. So i wonder if they have something to do with Korok seeds near an area or is just coincidence.

Btw, in case anyone is interested i kept updating the post i made in the previous page. Have various other ones to add but my memory is a bit hazy with the details, will do so when i have some free time.

Oh and about the IGN list, yes, all those details are listed in this thread in one place or the other. Including the Egg one Naked Snake was wondering about XD

Does anyone knows a person with all Korok seeds? im asking because as i gater more and more i tend to see less of the bird flocks flying in a V formation. So i wonder if they have something to do with Korok seeds near an area or is just coincidence.

Btw, in case anyone is interested i kept updating the post i made in the previous page. Have various other ones to add but my memory is a bit hazy with the details, will do so when i have some free time.

Oh and about the IGN list, yes, all those details are listed in this thread in one place or the other. Including the Egg one Naked Snake was wondering about XD
My co-worker got all 900. I actually watched him get most of them, including the last one.

I don't think he looked for birds, though.

LiK

Maybe it's just me but anyone else notice there are giant monsters around the world? Do they hurt you if you get close?

KingBroly

Banned

I have all 900. Birds are for Shrines, not Korok Seeds. Since there's like...
22-24
different patterns to look out for, by the end you'll hate certain ones.
I hate the 3 Tree ones since the Apples take forever to respawn.

Crayolan

Maybe it's just me but anyone else notice there are giant monsters around the world? Do they hurt you if you get close?

You mean the dragons? Go to
Mt Lanayru
if you want to know what to do with those.

If you mean Taluses or giant sleeping cyclops, yes, they are overworld bosses.

akira28

How about this one...if you some how lose your torch and your wooden weapon also burns up and you're in the Lost Woods...

look up to the sky and follow the direction of the clouds. also the little puffy white mist particles will also lead you in the right direction.

My co-worker got all 900. I actually watched him get most of them, including the last one.

I don't think he looked for birds, though.

I have all 900. Birds are for Shrines, not Korok Seeds. Since there's like...
22-24
different patterns to look out for, by the end you'll hate certain ones.
I hate the 3 Tree ones since the Apples take forever to respawn.
Not what i meant. Let me try again...

Some times when looking at the sky, you' ll notcie birds flying in V shape. For example, like the migrating ducks in real life. As i have been progresing through the game i notice them appearing less and less.

So i was wondering if they work as a signal to indicate that there might be unsolved Korok puzzles in the area they are flying. Just like Rainbow birds marked a temple spot or a flock of seagulls marked a fish bank in the sea.

This is why i wanted to know if a person with the 900 Korok seeds sees the V bird formation in the sky in it 900 Korok complete file. Is weird that you can even mark them with the Sheika slate and the pin will be in mid air. The birds on top of temples can't be marked for example.

Hope i was more clear this time.

Not what i meant. Let me try again...

Some times when looking at the sky, you' ll notcie birds flying in V shape. For example, like the migrating ducks in real life. As i have been progresing through the game i notice them appearing less and less.

So i was wondering if they work as a signal to indicate that there might be unsolved Korok puzzles in the area they are flying. Just like Rainbow birds marked a temple spot or a flock of seagulls marked a fish bank in the sea.

This is why i wanted to know if a person with the 900 Korok seeds sees the V bird formation in the sky in it 900 Korok complete file. Is weird that you can even mark them with the Sheika slate and the pin will be in mid air. The birds on top of temples can't be marked for example.

Hope i was more clear this time.

I have been paying attention whenever I see the V formation birds (since I read about your speculation regarding them earlier in the thread). Like I would check the map to see if I found a Korok seed in the direction they are flying, and on some occasions there was indeed a korok seed marked on my map, so I assumed they still show up for discovered seeds (if they are indeed an indication to begin with). But you saying you've been seeing less and less of them points to me likely being wrong... Or the whole hypothesis is wrong :p

Wait, rainbow birds? Temples? What?

I have been paying attention whenever I see the V formation birds (since I read about your speculation regarding them earlier in the thread). Like I would check the map to see if I found a Korok seed in the direction they are flying, and on some occasions there was indeed a korok seed marked on my map, so I assumed they still show up for discovered seeds (if they are indeed an indication to begin with). But you saying you've been seeing less and less of them points to me likely being wrong... Or the whole hypothesis is wrong :p

Wait, rainbow birds? Temples? What?
Regarding the rainbow birds...
Since i' ve only enter shrines once the names elude me, with that said:

i think the shrine is in the thunder thundra the place with the dragon blood trees.
the temple where it's always raining and you need to find a way to transport the orbs
You' ll notcie a hughe flocks of birds flying on top of the area. Those are the colorful rainbow birds.

As for the other temples, it is known that usually there are flock of birds flying on top of some of them. However, these birds are not interactive, they just seem like sprites. The Rainbow birds on the other hand are rather delicious, remember doing a Revalis gails and going all matrix with them in mid are. Dozens and dozens of bird sticks, some much i opened the first KFC franxhize in Hyrule/.

Regarding the rainbow birds...
Since i' ve only enter shrines once the names elude me, with that said:

i think the shrine is in the thunder thundra the place with the dragon blood trees.
the temple where it's always raining and you need to find a way to transport the orbs
You' ll notcie a hughe flocks of birds flying on top of the area. Those are the colorful rainbow birds.

As for the other temples, it is known that usually there are flock of birds flying on top of some of them. However, these birds are not interactive, they just seem like sprites. The Rainbow birds on the other hand are rather delicious, remember doing a Revalis gails and going all matrix with them in mid are. Dozens and dozens of bird sticks, some much i opened the first KFC franxhize in Hyrule/.

Oh ok so by temples you meant shrines. I thought you were talking about something else.

I haven't been deep into the thunder tundra yet, just got the tower on its outskirts and then got distracted and went somewhere else.

Whoa, it's creepy!
I encountered my first dragon at
Lake Hylia
. I froze, zoomed in with the slate to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and then snapped a picture. The picture relieved me, because I was sitting there thinking, "How in the hell do I combat this thing?"

Sorry, more Yiga clan talk:

Did the game ever explicitly say that you could sneak attack the clan members? I talked to the caged NPC and got the banana distraction, but didn't know about the sneak attack until I watched a video.

Also didn't realize that you could hit down on the d-pad to throw fruit until reading this thread. Never noticed that prompt in the UI.

Eh? I thought sneak attacking was the ONLY way of clearing the Yiga clan hideout? How did you pass that area? Lol

Tan

Also didn't realize that you could hit down on the d-pad to throw fruit until reading this thread. Never noticed that prompt in the UI.

W H A T. This was something I wanted to do many times through the game. How could I have missed this!?

Crayolan

Did the game ever explicitly say that you could sneak attack the clan members? I talked to the caged NPC and got the banana distraction, but didn't know about the sneak attack until I watched a video.

No, but there's no reason to believe they're different from any other enemy.

Unless you never figured out you could sneak attack enemies as a whole.

Dragmire

I haven't read the whole thread but here are some things I haven't seen posted:

If you kick a treasure chest open while barefoot, Link will stub his toe and grab it in pain.

You can chop down a tree and push it into a river for a log ride. If you want to stop it, just use cryonis under it, or you can use cryonis to easily tilt or push it in directions you want to go. While log-riding, you can easily grab fish and find treasure chests. Some rivers are faster than others.

If you have a ton of octo balloons, you can float extremely high (basically as high as possible) on objects by using balloons on them. Someone mentioned floating on objects, but I experimented and got higher in the sky than I thought I could. Balloons don't last very long before they pop so you have to keep dropping new balloons on the object. To keep the object flat, first use stasis on it, then place balloons around it so it stays flat. While it floats up, keep placing balloons. You can do it on a tree trunk, black stone slabs that cover koroks and chests, boulders, rafts and other stuff. And yes, you can blow them around with the korok leaf, but you don't have a lot of time since the balloons don't last very long. For me, boulders are the easiest to ride on, and you can basically float as high as you want if you have enough balloons. I know you can use a mine cart to fly too, I just thought this was interesting.

After chopping trees, you can freeze them before they hit the ground, and then place balloons on them. They will float up with all of their leaves and branches on them. They won't lose their leaves and branches until they hit the ground.

You can carry bokoblin heads into towns where enemies don't normally appear to scare villagers.

TheMoon

Just you.

How about this one...if you some how lose your torch and your wooden weapon also burns up and you're in the Lost Woods...

look up to the sky and follow the direction of the clouds. also the little puffy white mist particles will also lead you in the right direction.

mentioned on the last page and ancient discovery anyway :D

sneak attack is a basic game mechanic. does it need to tell you?

Game isnt that good at explaining its system. Not horrible, but really could have been done better.

what you need to know is either in the main UI or in the load screen tips.

Got to 110 shrines so far, without the sensor or any help outside the game. A few about-to-be shrine pedestals are head scratchers.

200+ hours of play. 0.o A first/most for any game I've played, at least of recent memory.

My main goal was finishing the main quest, and as much side quests and shrines without a guide/walkthrough.

TheMoon

Got to 110 shrines so far, without the sensor or any help outside the game. A few about-to-be shrine pedestals are head scratchers.

200+ hours of play. 0.o A first/most for any game I've played, at least of recent memory.

My main goal was finishing the main quest, and as much side quests and shrines without a guide/walkthrough.

Hey, you probably want to post general Zelda talk in the OT which this is not.

akira28

mentioned on the last page and ancient discovery anyway :D

argh!!

damn this meta game.

but thank god for this thread. making my zelda experience an immediately three dimensional one. and of course thank nintendo.

edit: oh that post? I saw it. he uses a torch. I'm talking about if your torch is foolishly tossed away for a burning kurok spear instead. even if you're in the dark, you can still follow those little white floaters.
i was panicking and just happened to look up and the sky actually made the whole lost woods thing seem serene. other than the invisible witch that was going to eat me.

bomma_man

An interesting thing I know must be in here but the Korok puzzles that involve diving or throwing rocks into circular formations can be done easier with the Cryonis Rune. For the diving ones just build a block near the circle formation and dive off the block. For the rock throwing use Cryonis to build blocks to make it easier to do.

You don't have to 'dive', you can just glide into the circle.

I personally believe (and this is probably the popular opinion as well) that the game is designed in such a way as for the player to organically find all the information they need in order to progress. The whole mechanic about throwing stuff instead of merely dropping them in front of Link's feet is not that important or useful anyway. Besides that, it can lead to some interesting experimentation with the mechanics (stasis on items, hitting them with a sword, un-stasis them and there you go! stuff flying towards the enemies).

To me, it's a very difficult - and very rare - achievement and Nintendo managed to deliver on that front (as well as in many others of course).

Yeah over-tutorializing was what made me stop playing Zelda (at Twilight Princess)... I even completely dismissed BotW until a couple of months before release because I assumed it would be the same old Zelda formula that I'm tired of, and was very delighted to learn that Nintendo have fixed everything I hated about the series.

LiK

Lake Hylia
. I froze, zoomed in with the slate to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and then snapped a picture. The picture relieved me, because I was sitting there thinking, "How in the hell do I combat this thing?"

Awesome. Yea, I thought it was amazing how they're just there. I first encountered one in the southern region. Thought I was seeing things when I was scanning the area for Shrines. :D

Just you.

Useless reply.

Lake Hylia

Honestly I was disappointed I couldn't kill some giant beasts in this game.

This is to lessen repetition a bit. Look at this post here with various details:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234939046

i' ll be updating that untill it's full. i think XD

And here's page 1:
Dropping chu chu jellys in freezing water turns them white. Chu chu jellys near fire will turn red. Near electricity will turn yellow. I mostly use red ones as fire starters since I dont like using flint or arrows.
I had no food or elixirs for the cold weather, so I equipped my Fire Rod thinking "this won't work, but eh..."

It worked, just holding raised my body heat
You can ride Bears, deer, and other wild life.
Use Cryonsis to disintegrate ice cubes
made by Waterblight Ganon
The funniest "omg I didn't know you could do that" scene was in death mountain when the goron at the grill place said he never gets customers because people just drop their food on the ground and cook it themselves. I never thought about doing that until then
You can grab a boulder and knock over rusted Guardians and get materials under them.

You don't need to chop down trees with a weapon, just use a bomb.
You can call your horse, start running, let your horse reach you while running and hop on the horse without losing momentum.
I was walking through the gerudo desert about to have a heat stroke, so i looked for cover in the shadows created by some cliff and it worked.
ZR then => Bow quick menu to equip new one if broke
Another thing I learned more recently is that if you hold something like a Meteor, Fire Rod or Flame Arrow next to a block of ice it will melt it. Haven't tested flame swords, but I assume the same would apply. It's slow going, but it works if you don't want to waste your Rods or Fire Arrows.
Hitting enemies with metal objects hurts them, even knocking them over. But unwieldy, but fun.

Also, you can drop bombs while gliding- helped end a camp with that, and I felt like hot shit.

You can cut legs off guardians and if you tip them over they instantly die

1. Start three or more campfires in close proximity to create an updraft

2. If you're on a raft in a windy area but it's grounded, create an ice block underneath the shore side to push it into the water, then let it sail. If you don't have a korok leaf of course.

3. Attach octorok balloons to a tree trunk and then climb onto the side as it floats away.
some dogs will lead you to buried chests
If you grab some honeycomb, and the bees start chasing you, pathing them over any sort of open flame (with smoke) will instantly incapacitate the bees.

"Smoking out" bees is done in real life to immobilize bees when extracting honey.
you can reflect guardian's laser to them with the parry!

Saw a Lynel way far below. Slowly glided down to attack him from above. Dropped down for an heavy attack from above and to my surprise...

You can ride Lynels. (For a little bit.)
Throwing a rusty weapon into a those baloon enemies (forgot their name) will net you a new weapon. They will chew on it and spit them out brand new.

One of the things I found out on my own (but which really isn't that secret I guess) is the dog that will lead you to treasure if you get him to love you enough. Maybe all dogs do, idk yet.

You can cross any body of water with ice pillars, all the way to the edge of the map.

Hylian Shield only seems invincible and will break after about 40 guardian beams.
Shrine Stuff

-One shrine has a maze with a ball and involves motion controls. Its somewhat annoying so i was just messing around and found out you could flip the entire maze. The back part was flat and could be used to easily solve this shrine

-Another similar shrine later on tried the same tactic. When i flipped the maze this time it was full of spikes. I just laughed.

-Carry Fire Arrows and Ice Arrows some shrines you can skip entire puzzles with them. Usually the one's involving burning shrubs and that rotating cube with water coming out of it.

-Feeding your Horse Hasty Carrots gives them extra boost to use

PAGE 2:

There is one shrine where you got these lasers above a conveyor belt and need to get a ball to a hole. I just bombed the ball to the other side and walked the rest of the way.

Stasis a metal cube. Hit it a bazillion times then climb on it then you'll fly. Do this at your own risk though.

If you fall off high heights with no stamina left. Just quick travel before you hit the ground.

Need an easy full recovery food. Hearty turnip plus apple or rice.

Metal items like a dropped sword conduct electricity. And lightning. Make enemies pick up metal weapons during a storm.

Stealth in the yiga section...lol just stasis people.

Lizafos can catch their boomerang if you steal it and throw it back. Alternatively you can catch weapons that are thrown at you it seems.

You can use bomb jumps to cheat many puzzles,which I didn't not realise till many hours in and then would always try to cheat xD

It is possible to buy a new one *(HYLIAN SHIELD)* after you finish the tarry town quest if any of you were worried about losing it btw. (*after you found it in
Hyrule Castle
only not before.)You can only start that quest after
buying a house
however.
5 Durians cooked together will max out your life bar even if you have three hearts.

I hit one of those mini lava rock dudes with an ice sword. It neutralized the lava entirely and I picked it up and threw it off a cliff.

Also appears on the tip page. But always throw your weapon when near break point as it does doible damage.

There are recipes on the wall in various stables.

Follow shooting stars for valuable star fragments.
Attack a cuccko and it will you an egg just don't abuse it, lol

- The arms from Lizaflos skeletons are actually boomerangs.
- throwing
the master sword
at full health
makes it shoot beams
- The mining carts you can find on death mountain can move forward in a couple of ways, by using stasis and punch it a lot OR drop a bomb in the the small cagelike container.
- you can get on a sleeping Hinox's stomach by standing on his hand. You can then pick the good stuff from his necklace without waking him up.
- A monster mask from Kilton can help you infiltrate a monster's group (bokoblin mask for bokoblins etc.). They won't try to kill you.
- Trotting (standing sill -> ZL and move the direction you need) with your horse can get you up or down steeper and more rocky places.
- Shoot metal boxes in a camp with an electric arrow, it creates a big electrified field

PAGE 3:
Once you get Urbosa's fury, group fights become trivial. Just use it and pick off all the weaklings and then focus down the big tough ones or vice versa.

It also hard counters all bosses minus the very last form of Ganon and Thunderblight due to him being before the buff. You can skip the super armor on Ganonblight to finish the fight fast if you time your useage correctly.
All your buffs from the champion spirits recharge much faster within Hyrule castle so spam all of them if you want to just cruise through the castle.
Equip a metal weapon while you have the Gerudo helmet on and lightning will still strike you like normal but do no damage. It turns you into a walking lightning rod that can decimate enemies.

Equipping rubber pants allows you to equip metal armor during a lightning storm and not get hit (will still hit you if you have metal weapons on though)

Knocking a moblin off a horse and immediately mounting it will give you an already tamed horse that immediately listens to all of your commands.
You can use stasis on enemies on horseback and freeze the enemy and not the horse. .

Any puzzle that has you deliver something you can attach octo balloons to it. and once its high off the ground and its balloons are popped, stasis it and apply some horizontal momentum, and watch it land at the final platform.

This is pretty obvious because the game teaches you it, but if you hit a metal object or water with a shock arrow its radius increases. Hit metal armor or weapons on lizalfos to shock the troop.
- You can stasis apples and use them as tiny bullet projectiles
- Magnetize metal objects in a lightning storm (a sword for example), electricity is not conducted to you, and it allows for a greater level of control than throwing.
- Stealth works better with more ambient noise around (rain, waterfalls, etc. will obscure the sounds you make)
- Not 100% sure on this, but I think that animals detect you easier downwind.

Not mind blowing but today I found out that bomb arrows do not work in the rain as their fuse goes out and it shoots a dud.

You can paraglide directly on your horse.

You can shieldsurf from a paraglide and paraglide during a shieldsurf.

Similarly, it's a bad idea to use them *(BOMB ARROWS) *near Death Mountain.

That is super interesting because
you can stun fireblight ganon with 2 bomb arrows, too bad you cant use them in death mountain, but if you fight it in a diferent location it works

Here is a big one that can save you some coin. You only need 1 part of the fireproof armor to avoid melting on Deathmountain. So don't buy that dumbass tin can helmet for 2k rupees.

Alternatively the Ice/Blizzard rod but thats no fun.

1. press X then + to bypass blood moon sequence
2. If you go around without clothes people will react, the Korok maracs guy will complement you on being natural, like him.

If you cut down a tree with a flame blade, you won't get a stack of wood, but a campfire.

You can drop food in hot/cold areas and they'll cook or freeze

As long as you don't run, a full Sneaking Suit can walk at whatever speed you want and you won't be detected if you're not seen.

Not sure if this is common knowledge but the "white/silver" Bokoblins drop Rubies and Sapphires. It's pretty nifty.

Also cooking during a Blood Moon will boost the food.

When you're looking for a shrine nearby, it's usually a good idea to look up first. If the shrine is in open space, you'll see a group of birds flying around it.

I didn't know your horse could die...

;_;
I just found out this one just now:

While riding a horse, you can do a dismount by pressing B and jump off forward while pressing X, but I just found out you can jump off backwards by pressing B while the horse is doing a canter.

Also, there are four speeds a horse can go: Walk, Trot, Canter, and Gallop (dash). While pressing A can make the horse go up a level of speed, tapping back on the left stick can make the horse "downshift" to the next lower speed. This can be great if you are galloping but need to slow down for better control of your turning, which is much worse when you are at in the middle of a gallop. Just a quick tap back though, because if you hold it down for too long, you'll pull the reigns to stop.

PAGE 4:
There is a Great Fairy that can bring them *(HORSES)*back

But better than that you can stasis volley them *(ICE BLOCKS WATERBLIGHT FIGHT)*.

You can reflect any projectile this way. It just isn't worth doing for most things, but I think your shield takes no damage if you do it (and if you do it to rocks and stuff, you'll send them flying straight back at whomever threw them at you, faster than you would if you just block it).

It also knocks enemies over if you use it to parry melee attacks, but it's better to side-step and use a flurry counter.

I've killed a guardian using only a pot lid. You can use anything

I

The first thing I did when I got the skelleton horse was taking it to the stable. I didn't expect them to take it in but I was glad that there was a dialogue for it. I was taking pics and thinking that it'd been fun I they actually let me keep it when suddenly BOOM.

You can put octorocks into a raft and have it set off with you on top. It's majestic.

Also frozen meat giving you heat resistance. And white doves can drop XXL meat for some reason.

I think collecting honeycombs in the rain keeps the bees from appearing, too. Either that, or I've just come across hives without bees...and only while it's raining.

If you get killed by ice (frozen to death from an Ice Wizzrobe, for example), the "Game Over" text will be a frosty blue color, instead of the usual red.

With thunder/electric deaths the "Game Over" text is yellow.

Roll a snowball down a snowy hill and it accumulates snow and turns into a giant snowball.
Guardian ( at least the small ones ) beams can't break a Cryonis block! I just tried in a shine that had water all in it

As I approached a shrine surrounded by thorns I frightened some little blue birds. They flew right in to the thorns and died; dropping the nut items.

Went fishing with bombs. The fish will float to the surface of the water.

If you translate the Sheikah text above the Memory Photos, you can find out where they were taken

You can one shot Wizzrobes they all have a weakness.

Fire arrow beats Ice Wizzrobe
Ice arrow beats Fire Wizzrobe
Yes, it works with all (normal sized) ice and fire enemies.

On that note, I'm pretty sure you can't kill Fire Keese with fire arrows, nor Ice Keese with ice arrows. Goes right through them.

PAGE 5:

Tap forward + b + x for a quick draw with any weapon. Works great even with the slow bulky weapons.

• You can make a campfire instantly on Death Mountain by just dropping wood.
  • You can stack armor effects and cooking effects past three stages. I used a haste elixir at night while using upgraded Sheikah armor (with the night speed bonus) and I was running so fast the animation looked like a cartoon.
  • You can tell when the Lord of the Mountain is at Mount Satori if you see a glow at night (there are tons of Blupees there as well, and the mountain is always filled with crows or goats for meat).
  • If you open a chest other than from the front without pants on, then when Link kicks it he grabs his foot and winces. The same happens if you're crouched down and open it, even if you have something on (he punches it).
  • Being in bushes or tall grass actually increases your stealth.
  • If you drop or throw your weapon (like a boomerang) and have lost it, then use the Sheikah Sensor+ to find it. You could also do the same if there's arrows everywhere. In case you missed it also when you got the Sheikah Sensor+, you can buy Compendium entries (it's random from selected categories, and each one costs 100 rupees) from Symin at the Hateno lab. You can also take photos of treasure chests and the different kinds of ore deposits to track them.
  • You can burn the leg guards off of Hinoxes to attack their legs more easily.
  • Frozen enemies will take increased damage.
  • You can destroy Guardian's legs to immobilize them or destroy the flying one's rotors to send them into the ground.
  • There are five types of monster disguises in the game; four are from Kilton (the Bokoblin, Moblin, Lizalfos, and Lynel masks, though Lynels will only be fooled temporarily) and the other is from the secret club in Gerudo Town, which at night will glow in the dark and act as a lure for more Stal enemies to spawn, and if you have all three it will disguise you from them. It also increases your bone weapon damage.
  • Traveling merchants sell better stuff on rainy days.
Eventide Island spoilers:
Before you step on land and trigger the trial, you can drop a weapon. That weapon will still be there for you to pick up and use when they take all your items away from you.

The painter dude you (probably) first meet at Kakariko village will also be at the stable nearest to those locations, and point you towards them (MEMORIES). Though I don't think there's one for the hyrule castle location.

If you have a wooden shield you can catch arrows on it and collect them.
  • When you see a Korok circle of stones where one is missing walk to the center of the circle, then start walking towards the gap in the circle where the rock is missing. You´ll always find the rock a few steps ahead.
  • You can feed bombs to Octorocks, then detonate them to easily kill them.
  • If you shoot an arrow to a Lynel´s eye you will stun it. Run to his back and press A to mount it, then spam Y to get some free attacks.
  • All mountable animals (including Lynels) can be easily mounted if you glide on top of them.
  • Feed 3 times any dog at a stable to make it guide you to a buried chest. Can´t say it works with all dogs, but so far it´s worked with every dog I´ve tried.
  • Hinox will start covering their eye when you shoot it twice. try jumping and gliding from anywhere (even a small rock, box, or whatever) and shoot mid-air to trigger slow motion, this will allow you to hit it in the eye before it has time to defend itself.
  • All Shrines have at least 1 secret treasure chest. Once you beat a Shrine an icon next to it´s name will indicate if it has any chests left. Note that if you open a chest but don´t take it´s content (because you have a full inventory) the chest will not register as opened, the map will show it accordingly and you can go back and get the contents later. Edit: As Kain-Nosgoth pointed out below it´s actually the opposite: The Shrine will only show the chest icon when you find and get the contents of all chests inside the Shrine.
You can also just stasis him (Hinox) and shoot his eye.

PAGE 6:

Using the explosion of a bomb to do a pseudo jump.
Since you can paraglide-dropbomb-explode bomb immediately, you can use this to get to new areas/break puzzles etc.

Speaking of Yiga Clan, after the stealth section is done, go back into the hideout. In the second room (the one which had most guards) there are some nice orbs, but also an entrance to a secret room. You have to burn down one of the big "flags" on the wall (as in the entrance of the hideout). 600 rupees in there ;)

Getting a second jump with the shield surf starting animation is something I have found pretty useful occasionally, though I believe it willl slightly damage your shield.

There's a loading screen that tells you this, but the slope the incline determines how much stamina you use. So while going straight up might seem like the best idea if you can move up a shallower incline you'll be able to climb further.

Holding your lit torch under apples in trees will fully bake them, then drop.

When you're gliding and you're out of stamina, just before you hit the ground, press the paraglide button again - you'll have another chance as it will open up for a split-second and you'll be able to land safely (as long as you're under solid ground, of course!)

PAGE 7:

For people not confident with their shield parry for guardians I'm also sure that Daruk's Protection can do the job for you. While i'm on about champion abilities, Urbosa's fury has a strong stunlock period that even toasts Guardians for a significant amount of time, save their legs for when the stun wears off to keep them helpless.

Also some armour dye jobs add a little more than just colour changes, the barbarian armour war paint patterns change slightly depending on the colour, the skeleton armour takes on a more traditional luchadore look with colour changes.

Building up pace with a raft using the korok leaf can have a humorous side effect if you send the raft crashing into land at high speed, it'll launch Link clear off and deal damage.

Rito village has swell music, we all know that. To add to it there's at least two sidequests that upon completion can add an extra touch to the theme.
Upon completing Warbler's Nest the Rito kids will be up at the takeoff point overlooking Warbler's nest adding birdsong to the theme.
Completing all of Kass' sidequests has him return to the village, accordion in tow of course for that extra layer to the theme.

Lastly for something that's probably obvious to some but overlooked by others, certain stables have a stablehand that will let you modify the look of your horse to a degree, even if you don't have any extra saddles or bridles you can still stylise your horses manes.

If you're on horseback and holding a spear or halberd, hold the attack button for a special badass animation where you are twirling it overhead, ready to attack

Oh, something I found out last night, I haven't seen it here yet: Wherever you leave your horse in the game, you can have any stable bring it back in an instant! :)

Genocyber

Cryonis doesn't work in hot springs (makes sense as the heat of the water doesn't allow the ice to form).

Cryonis can also be used to cross bottomless bogs.

Top Bottom