• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump tells confidants U.S. will quit Paris climate deal

Barzul

Trump tells confidants U.S. will quit Paris climate deal

"I stand up to my father sometimes" - Ivanka Trump

Also, thanks Jared.

President Trump has privately told multiple people, including EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, that he plans to leave the Paris agreement on climate change, according to three sources with direct knowledge.

Publicly, Trump's position is that he has not made up his mind and when we asked the White House about these private comments, Director of Strategic Communications Hope Hicks said, "I think his tweet was clear. He will make a decision this week."

Why this matters: Pulling out of Paris is the biggest thing Trump could to do unravel Obama's climate policies. It also sends a stark and combative signal to the rest of the world that working with other nations on climate change isn't a priority to the Trump administration. And pulling out threatens to unravel the ambition of the entire deal, given how integral former President Obama was in making it come together in the first place.

Caveat: Although Trump made it clear during the campaign and in multiple conversations before his overseas trip that he favored withdrawal, he has been known to abruptly change his mind — and often floats notions to gauge the reaction of friends and aides. On the trip, he spent many hours with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, powerful advisers who back the deal.

B5-lDJWCUAAwfya.jpg

Foffy

Banned
Fuck this man.

The day he is out of office should become a national holiday.

How can one man stand and do so much that is wrong?

FZZ

Banned
Shouldn't the probabilities this guy drops dead because of age, stress, and bad health be very high

come on universe

work for us

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Both parties are the same.

Hillary would have quit the Paris accords too and would sell the U.S. Reputation down the river to pay for a shitty condo building with shady Russian financing while constantly tweeting racist inanities..

iammeiam

On the trip, he spent many hours with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, powerful advisers who back the deal.

Stop doing this news people. Stop acting like Ivanka and Jared have ever or will ever actually prioritize doing what's right over anything. Just stop it.

Unless they plan to preface every article about Trump pulling the US out, when he does it, with "IVANKA AND JARED FAIL AGAIN"

SomTervo

Both parties are the same.

Hillary would have quit the Paris accords too and would sell the U.S. Reputation down the river to pay for a shitty condo building with shady Russian financing while constantly tweeting racist inanities..

Please be sarcasm

Please

I think it is

i-Lo

Perhaps what's happening in Venezuela may someday happen to US. Also, lest we forget, the man was elected by citizens of US of A (Electoral college is still run by citizens).

For those who believe in Karma, I guess this is it.

That much was obvious.

What a fucking piece of shit. The world should turn on trump. Take all his property away.

Stigmatize the trump name forever. Make sure there is no future for this shit family.

Barzul

I wonder if State governments can join and enforce treaties like this. Does the constitution allow it? Can a 10th amendment argument be used for a large state like California for example to enforce regulations similar to those in Paris? Need someone more knowledgeable on constitutional matters to chime in.

the rest of the world's moving on climate change, literally most every other nation is gearing up to face it, US will be left behind in this regard

I wonder if State governments can join and enforce treaties like this. Does the constitution allow it? Can a 10th amendment argument be used for a large state like California for example to enforce regulations similar to those in Paris? Need someone more knowledgeable on constitutional matters to chime in.
California is already working on something like this with other countries.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/us/california-engages-world-and-fights-washington-on-climate-change.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

brian577

Banned
Perhaps what's happening in Venezuela may someday happen to US. Also, lest we forget, the man was elected by citizens of US of A (Electoral college is still run by citizens).

For those who believe in Karma, I guess this is it.

Yes, millions of people suffering! Such delicious karma! You make me sick.

Shouldn't the probabilities this guy drops dead because of age, stress, and bad health be very high

come on universe

work for us

His dad lived to be in his 90s I think, but I have no idea what his diet was in comparison. Trump's is so bad, I feel he has to be pretty unhealthy, but it's hard to know.

If it wasn't already obvious before, it sure is now. Getting Republicans out of office needs to be treated like a national emergency.

Log4Girlz

Our fate as a species now rests with the very last person Trump speaks to before making a decision.

Don't fuck this one up Vlad

Vena

If I am not mistaken, he can't actually do this. There is a preemptive clause in the accords that prevents a full withdraw for four years. He can threaten to do this and then get slapped with trade sanctions (so that he can then further cry about the scary Germans), but he can't outright do it.

And he's stupid enough to actually try it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Someone should just tell him if he pulls out of the Paris Climate deal that he'll never get to fuck Ivanka.

come on universe

work for us
He's a fat fuck who eats fast food everyday and doesn't exercise outside of his vigorous tantrums, it's a miracle he's survived to this age. (I actually like it when conservatives try to point to trump as a strongman when actually he's the flabbiest fucking manbaby on the planet)

It is already signed though. So it will take multiple years to get out of it.

Also, shouldn't the US politicians vote on this? The President doesn't have power to do this alone right?

Top Bottom