• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tillerson's pissed as Trump:

DDXhLxLXUAAWe5p.jpg:large
Is this about Qatar (which is STILL HAPPENING YOU GUYS HOLY SHIT) or the new red line?

Will be nice when people will stop lying to themselves that Jared and Ivanka are in any ways smart.

The way Kushner always hid in the background like some stalwart figure made me give him some credit...then I heard him talk.

Also, holy shit at this part:

Worse yet, at least from Tillerson’s point of view, a White House official explained the difference between the two statements by telling the press to ignore the secretary of state. “Tillerson may initially have had a view,” a White House official told the Washington Post, “then the president has his view, and obviously the president’s view prevails.”

Just go back to being a rich oil baron Rex.

Ryuuroden

Time magazine should make Obama person of the year on the premise that Obamas achievements are completely deciding the trump agenda.

UberTag

Because at the end of the day, all of the decisions they make never fucking touch them. They're shielded from all the garbage they do. It's so fucking infuriating.
Accountability in US politics is a dirty word. It shouldn't be... but who is going to step up and change this in a city full of old, white rich entitled cowards?

DonShula

How did Tillerson think this was going to work? Are he and his ilk so protected by their bubble that they didn't see this coming? Was he not aware he was a sham when he agreed to take the job? And all of a sudden he's frustrated that he can't get positions filled?

Wait. He's distancing himself. Yes. Yessssssssss...

DonShula

Ooo the protests are going to be glorious for this shit

Surely this will fall apart once the WH sends its demands and France appropriately responds with "fuck that noise." Trump will ask for all the normal bells and whistles including a partisan audience, no stairs, no public appearances, etc.

Ryuuroden

Surely this will fall apart once the WH sends its demands and France appropriately responds with "fuck that noise." Trump will ask for all the normal bells and whistles including a partisan audience, no stairs, no public appearances, etc.

Give him stairs, lots of stairs, the greatest stairs.

Mike M

Nick N
I thought Trump was pissed at Europe after his trip in large part due to Macron repeatedly snubbing him with the handshake thing, speaking through an interpreter when he's fluent in English, etc?

Ooo the protests are going to be glorious for this shit

Macron's strategy of subtly trolling Trump is going ahead I see.

Not getting the military parade he wanted for his inauguration? Just invite him to France where they have military parades galore.

And make sure to invite him to an event that celebrates the coming together of the people to rid themselves of an an incompetent and pompous ruler.

:p

Kusagari

I thought Trump was pissed at Europe after his trip in large part due to Macron repeatedly snubbing him with the handshake thing, speaking through an interpreter when he's fluent in English, etc?

He probably sees this as an opportunity to try to upstage Macron or something.

Trump is going to France to tell Macron that the jerk store called and they're running out of him.

Gruco

Banned
Trump visits Paris, surrounding by stairs, Macron handshakes, protests, and an endless series of joint press conferences.

Instead of golfing, Macron invites Trump for a nice round of Racquetball.

=====

WHY is Chris Cilizza a thing? Does literally anyone even like him? Is it just because his lazy contrarian shit is good a racking up hits?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
What's the "Trump statement" they're talking about here?

Trump said Qatar supported terrorists and Trump's people said Trump's statements supersede Tillerson's opinions and efforts. Undermined him HARD after he tried to fix a bunch of probably Jared driven blunders.

Will be nice when people will stop lying to themselves that Jared and Ivanka are in any ways smart.

Don't worry about Ivanka:

Ivanka Trump says she tries to 'stay out of politics'

Speaking with Ainsley Earhardt of "Fox & Friends," Trump said she left "the politics to other people."

She made the comments after being asked what she advised her father with in regard to his tweeting habits.

"I try to stay out of politics," Trump said, adding that her father's "political instincts are phenomenal."

That's right, the president's senior advisor tries to stay out of politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom