• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: US 'locked and loaded' on N Korea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40901746

"Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!" he tweeted.
He spoke as North Korea accused him of "driving" the Korean peninsula to the "brink of a nuclear war".
Pyongyang is finalising a plan to fire missiles near the US territory of Guam.
The Pacific island's homeland security agency issued a fact sheet on Friday with tips for residents to prepare for any missile threat.

The sheet states: "Do not look at the flash or fireball - it can blind you."
"Lie flat on the ground and cover your head. If the explosion is some distance away, it could take 30 seconds or more for the blast wave to hit."
Mr Trump's warning comes hours after US Defence Secretary James Mattis said America still hoped to solve the North Korea crisis using diplomacy.
After days of fiery rhetoric from both the US and North Korea, Mr Mattis said war would be "catastrophic" and that diplomacy was gaining results.

Fucking hell this gets worse by the minute, if today is my last day it's been an honour, GAF.

tbm24

You'd think someone would have told him not to instigate North Korea on twitter. They have absolutely no grips on this man.

Only an irresponsible childish person would think that "fire and fury" or "locked and loaded" would mean and attack on North Korea.

Takyon

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me...

Donald J. trump

Fury451

Banned
If you listen closely you can hear the sound of Mattis smacking his forehead echo through the wind.

I don't think Trump has the capacity to say no to his general's suggestions, and that is very concerning.

Trump is the one publicly bolstering military force like a child. Mattis gave a much more reasoned answer to N. Korea yesterday, saying diplomacy was bearing fruit but that the military is of course always ready if that were to be the only option.

By all accounts Trump doesn't really listen to anyone's suggestions, which is the real concern.

FyreWulff

The entire fate of going to war rests in one person hovering over the ban button on Trump's twitter account at the Twitter HQ

Tovarisc

qX5BjXr.png

https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance

It's official, we live in the Command and Conquer universe now.

If we did we would have cool anti-heroes like Kane, but we only have power hungry loons without vision.

Shauni

You'd think someone would have told him not to instigate North Korea on twitter. They have absolutely no grips on this man.

I'm sure many people told him that, but he's infamous for just ignoring everyone and doing whatever he wants to. In a way, this is his first crisis not of his own making, but he's done anything and everything to make it as terrifying and exhausting for everyone even more than it actually is.

Top Bottom