• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Gamescom 2017 trailer, screenshots

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-gamescom-2017-trailer-screenshots

Bandai Namco has released the Gamescom 2017 trailer and a new set of screenshots for Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom.

The trailer focuses on Roaldn, a president from Ichi no Kuni, as he is transported to Ni no Kuni and becomes a close companion of Evan Pettywhisker, the deposed king of Ding Dong Dell. Two new characters are also introduced: Nerea, the beautiful queen of the land of Thalassea, and Leander, her advisor.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC on January 19.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gBT6o86laaM

Screens at the link. Call me Drippy if old.

Auctopus

Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2017_08-18-17_009.jpg

:O

Looks like it will be a good enough game for me. English dub sounds like it might be good. Went Japanese for the original but might go either way this time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks pretty good.

Here's hoping it has some substantial Pro upgrades DQ11 and FFXV style. I wanna play that art style in the highest resolution possible.

I may have enough time to play the first one before this one comes out - looks great.

You should, the visual style holds up remarkably well even today.

CHC

Does it take place in the same world as the first game? Obviously Ding Dong Dell is a place again but is it the same city "in spirit" or literally the same city? Hard to tell because they've shown parts of the map that look new (based on what I remember of the original game) but then also talk about old locations.

Either way game is looking damn fine, really happy it's coming to PC as well. Cel shaded visuals deserve pristine image quality.

Combat is make or break. Its so unfortunate to see such a beautiful game have something that could be very subpar

I loved Dark Cloud combat so I dont know why they cant do great combat

Bahorel

🦁 👉👌🤰=
6708c_NnK-II_02-09-17_003.jpg

Seriously that's all I could think about playing the first one since Ding Dong Dell was clearly divided into cat beings and humans and now here is the merger of the two.

Not that I'm complaining, he's adorable, but damn lol I need to see his parents

Does it take place in the same world as the first game? Obviously Ding Dong Dell is a place again but is it the same city "in spirit" or literally the same city? Hard to tell because they've shown parts of the map that look new (based on what I remember of the original game) but then also talk about old locations.

Either way game is looking damn fine, really happy it's coming to PC as well. Cel shaded visuals deserve pristine image quality.

They haven't really said anything solid about if it's the same place but the game is set hundreds of years after the first game, so there is a chance it's the same place but it's probably changed with time.

I can't be more ecstatic the combat focuses on the actual characters than the tacked-on monster stuff from the first game. On that note, the Higgledies feel like an awkward extension of that system, but I'll reserve judgement until the game's in my hands.

Looks gorgeous, otherwise. Dat music!

(Also, have they elaborated on cutscene length? Wasn't crazy about how they eventually become five-seconds long in the first game)

Falchion

I can't get over how pretty this game looks. I wonder if I'll ultimately be more impressed with the visuals of this or KHIII.

Still need to play the first one, but this is looking fantastic. The original is available on PS Now right? Might finally get the service a try just to play this, think I can still get that 7 day free trial or whatever it was.

BluWacky

Any kind of combat will be better than that in Wrath of the White Witch, which was ruined by your idiotic AI comrades and irritating balance issues (totally put me off the game after quite a long play time).

Other footage has shown the combat system off in a far better light, so I am quietly optimistic. Still... it's Level 5. This is pretty much how all their games work.

Top Bottom