• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Gamescom 2017 trailer, screenshots

Shin-Ra

I grabbed a few extra screenshots from the Gamersyde trailer.

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom1.jpg

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom2.jpg

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom3.jpg

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom4.jpg

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom5.jpg

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom6.jpg

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom7.jpg

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom8.jpg

NiNoKuni2_Gamescom9.jpg

This game looks so good. Every time I see something new I get hyped again. I wouldn't mind if this were the dominant visual style in all jrpgs, as opposed to the push for photorealism.

Day one but and it's not that long of a delay but this was the game I was looking forward to most playing this year that didn't require my buying a PS4 (or in my case Pro if I ever get a PS4) to do so.

Ricker

What's with everyone saying the combat looks bad? Looks reminiscent of Tales to me.

Turn base combat...looks bad...real time action combat...looks bad...

thisisneogaf*gif ;)

I liked the combat in the first and this,from the little we have seen so far,is a nice change from the first and yeah,its more action and all...shrugs...

Anyway,day one for me.

lbsa

If only the first game would get some love in a port. Hopefully you don't need to play the first...

Yeah, i'm wondering about that too. I missed the first one when it came on ps3 so i don't know how important will it be to play it before the sequel.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Game looks so freaking nice. The first Ni No Kuni had most of the right pieces that many of last gen's RPGs were lacking, but it suffered on the battle system... this game's system looks like an improvement so far, but I hope it continues that way.

Won't be sure how I feel about the higgledies til I actually play the game, but I'm gonna buy day one-ish just for the cute characters.

This is basically me. The game oozes charm and that's enough for me. Ni no kuni 1 had issues with pacing and gameplay ( didn't care for the Familiar combat) but found Oliver and the world charming enough for me to stick with it.

Usobuko

Banned
The first Ni no kuni main issue is the story not living up to half of Ghibli magic. And the flow of the narrative gets tedious towards the end.

The gameplay itself on the other hand is not as bad as its reputation here if you treat it as some pokemon / monster catching system. It's actually more fun to play than your mainline Pokemon games unless you're into competitive battling of Pokemon. Mainline Pokemon games being one of the current most boring jrpg otherwise.

Just that monster lacks charm, evolution is non inspiring looking and monster numbers are lower in the first Ni no Kuni.

My only issue with the combat is that it looks like the enemies are too damage-spongey. Still my most hyped game and I'm so stoked for it's release.

Exentryk

Combat looks amazing! Can't wait to master the perfect blocks and figuring out OP abilities to deal insane damage via charged abilities.

PartialCreamyCod.gif

GlitteringHastyFlatcoatretriever.gif

shimon

Now I'm even more pissed it got delayed...

Looking forward to it,enjoyed the combat in 1.Kinda sad no more Familiars :(

Combat looks amazing! Can't wait to master the perfect blocks and figuring out OP abilities to deal insane damage via charged abilities.

PartialCreamyCod.gif

GlitteringHastyFlatcoatretriever.gif

As soon I saw the first post talking about boring combat, I knew I was going to get Jenovas head schoolin everyone with GIFs.

But yeah the latest trailer did not focus on heavy combat.

TrounceX

What's up with the concern about boring combat? It looks very hands on, fast paced, and exciting for a JRPG. Were people expecting Nier Automata or something? I'm confused.

Shin-Ra

I was going to say the gold (light?) and purple (shadow?) Higgledies are new but we've seen them before in the artwork at the very least.

wjgeGmw.gif

Top Bottom