• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

It was kind of confirmed a few days ago but forgot to update.
AlchemistDefender VR coming to PSVR (Hopefully before the end of fall)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irbMegCCiig
https://twitter.com/AlchemistDefend/status/900835666707320832

DIBJ3EyWAAA8hIE.jpg

I'd be so up for this. Would love to see Rigs make a comeback

I may consider setting up a "Community Events" banner in the OP below the "Coming This Month" Banner if people are interested.

That way if someone wants to set up a date and time to play a Multiplayer VR game they can DM the details and I would post them in the OP for all to see.

Would you guys like that?

Edit: Also, for anyone wondering, RIGS is yours to keep forever with PS+

Some people where thinking it was only available for the dates mentioned in the blog post.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sidshuman/status/902928939353423876

RIGS on PS+! Yes! That is the only PS+ game in a long time that has interested me.

I swear I read somebody in this thread recently saying they should put it on PS+.

Rigs is totally rad. You should all enjoy it. It was a real shame the devs got shut down. I would have liked to have seen more maps and modes (like a offline single event for example).

MattAces

Bravo Team and The Inpatient price revealed.
Guess the price.
*changed it to euro, since it's closer to USD, most likely the same.
etmrxHU.png

shaneo632

Not digging those prices for Inpatient and Bravo Team unless they're surprisingly feature-rich.

Putting them in the "wait for a sale" pile, hopefully they'll get discounted around Christmas time or early next year.

Daezuel

I adore RIGS, Endzone/Powerslam are all sorts of fun. The game is incredibly polished, immersive, and probably the best looking game overall I'd say (on a pro).

It's too bad they shut down Cambridge, those guys deserved better than that. Heck I would have loved for them to make a real AAA single player experience with the tech they used.

JordanN

Banned
Friendly reminder: The VR version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will stop being free after tomorrow (August 31st).

The Asian [English] version is free all month, and to access VR mode would cost $40.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Friendly reminder: The VR version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will stop being free after tomorrow (August 31st).

The Asian [English] version is free all month, and to access VR mode would cost $40.

I never saw the vr as free. I downloaded the free base game off the HK store, but it wants me to pay for the VR version when trying to access it through the game menu or when I try from the store.

Lol yup. Japan had first dibs on it for a while but the gods at Tecmo finally blessed us with an english version the start of August.

See for yourself and if you're interested, grab it while it's still free (you'll need a Hong Kong PSN account to download it)!

I bought the Asian version near launch. Guess I'll log in to that account to download.

I may have got a PSVR cheap thanks to a glitch from a local retailer. Can anyone recommend a good stereo headset to use with it? I have Turtlebeach Elite 800's would those in Stereo mode be ok?

The deal was UK only and is expired now before anyone asks lol

I may have got a PSVR cheap thanks to a glitch from a local retailer. Can anyone recommend a good stereo headset to use with it? I have Turtlebeach Elite 800's would those in Stereo mode be ok?

The deal was UK only and is expired now before anyone asks lol

I use Shure se315 but you want to use any earphones/headsets that plugs into the inline connection for directional audio. As the mic is built into the PSVR you can get much better earphones/headsets for significantly cheaper than the gaming ones, when it comes to headphones just check they fit over the headset as well.

Joystick

Which store? Do you have a link?

I have tried the HK and JP stores and all I can find is a base free to play version that's a year old. Everything else is $ including anything with VR in the title.

EDIT: Think I found it:

*Owners of the full version of the "DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune" are able to download the "VR Passport" inside the game for Free for a limited time.
Free Download Period: August 3rd 2017 - August 31th 2017.

Not available for me because I don't own the "full" version.

I guess with RIGS going to PS+, I should really get around to finally playing the game while there's
lots of new
players on the servers.

I really liked the demo, so I picked it up on sale a while ago, but never got around to actually booting it up :(

Joystick

Sociable Soccer Heading to PlayStation VR early 2018.

At Gamescom 2017, Cologne, lead designer Jon Hare revealed intentions to bring the videogame to PlayStation 4 including PlayStation VR compatibility.

"We've got PlayStation VR dev kits just arrived into the office so it'll be on there very soon."

Sociable Soccer is the spiritual successor to the 1990s smash hit, Sensible Soccer, a videogame that boils down the essence of virtual football, stripping away all of the modern flourishes and instead offering an experience that relies on player skill.

https://youtu.be/4DtNlaUEkm0
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/08/sociable-soccer-heading-to-playstation-vr/

Joystick

FORM planned for release on PlayStation VR in 2018.

Delving into the doctors memories, you have to assemble puzzle pieces, unlock doors and open rifts to alternative realities as you try to unlock the secrets of the artifact.

FORM now features Cortex Mode, interactive soundtrack where players can relax while listening to the music from FORM in four different ambient spaces.

Charm Games also plans on releasing the title for PlayStation VR in 2018.

https://youtu.be/N-HY3NA01v4
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/08/form-hits-oculus-rift-developer-adds-new-cortex-mode/

BTails

Played some RIGS this evening to get myself ready for the influx of multiplayer thanks to Playstation Plus... i totally forgot how fun this game is! Meant to play only a couple matches, ended up playing about 7 or 8. Nothing like a super close match to make your adrenaline start pumping, especially the football game mode!

ChouGoku

Dino frontier is so fun, and an amazing concept. It makes me more excited for AR games using similar mechanics. Its like playing with a living toybox.

Omerta

I just bought a lens pen as recommended by psvr frank... seems to work really well.

Also, i bought resi evil 7 as it's heavily discounted on the psn right now. Booted it up and noped-out at the first door haha

After a little break I'm now able to open doors without being crippled with fear! This could take me some time to finish...

ffvorax

Bravo Team and The Inpatient price revealed.
Guess the price.
*changed it to euro, since it's closer to USD, most likely the same.
etmrxHU.png

Nice, expected price! I will wait for review in any case before buying... :p

Super happy for RIGS on PS+

I usually don't buy or play online games, so it's good to have it for free, the demo was fun.

ffvorax

I just bought a lens pen as recommended by psvr frank... seems to work really well.

Also, i bought resi evil 7 as it's heavily discounted on the psn right now. Booted it up and noped-out at the first door haha

After a little break I'm now able to open doors without being crippled with fear! This could take me some time to finish...

As soon as You will gain something to defend yourself it will became less scary... the problem is to reach that part of the game the first time... XD

Was lucky enough to have a play through of The Lost Bear yesterday. Short, but very sweet. The presentation is lovely. If your a fan of Limbo type platformers then you'll get a kick out of this.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTeBDpHqWyM
This month's free games include: "inFAMOUS Second Son™ ", BOUND: Shattered Kingdom "& "- DEEMO~The Last Recital~",

To celebrate one year anniversary of PlayStation®VR , Asia PlayStation®Plus will offer an extra Free Game title “RIGS Mechanized Combat League" to all PlayStation®Plus members starting from 7th September to 4th October. Get playing!

Wohoo! Asia PSN is getting 2 PSVR games! Bound and Rigs.

wilflare

ordered a lenspen from amazon as well.

do you guys buy a stand or case to store your PSVR as well?
I'm trying to revive/charge my old PS Move controllers as well (there's no use for the PS Navi I suppose)?

is there anyway to properly check for scratches? not sure if it's just me being paranoid or what... I've been trying to wipe since some parts are tad bit blur

Top Bottom