• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
But why would you torture yourself like that.....2 career files. It would take forever to level that offline one

I want to play it on the way to and from work and I was curious how it works when you're offline.

I remember some older NBA 2k game fucking up your career permanently when going offline. Was it 2k14 or 13?

ViciousDS

Banned
I want to play it on the way to and from work and I was curious how it works when you're offline.

I remember some older NBA 2k game fucking up your career permanently when going offline. Was it 2k14 or 13?

This one I think gives you massive warning or will just kick you if it can't contact the servers for the online one

cHinzo

2k bans for the dumbest shit, just be careful.

Except the cheaters on PC lol. Maybe they should ban them, but they can't even detect CheatEngine. Like, it's 2017 2K, nobody even uses this shit anymore except in ur game -_- This also isn't a glitch like the one where they fcked up the servers in MyTeam and everyone could buy cards without using their MT, it's just the reward for playing a GM or League game lol.

Go to my team, easiest way to check

This shits going to get patched before the deleted characters issue. Lol
Of course, you fucking with their money. Fuck with any companies microtransactions and it’s gettig patched with the quickness. That bug that been messsing your progress up? Gonna take awhile. That bug that kicks you and your buddies out games? Gonna take a while. Crashing issues? Gonna take a while. You messing with our money? We sending people to do OT over the weekend to knock that out.

deadfolk

Okay, so 2 more questions for now:

1) The marker under players' feet. Sometimes the little white arrows for red for a moment and then go white again. What's that all about?

2) When shooting and really near the basket (sometimes or all the time - not sure), you don't get a shot meter. Does that mean there's no timing involved and it's down to clearance and player skill? Under what circumstances does this happen?

jmizzal

Thinking about getting this on Switch.

Why do I need the more expensive versions? $150 seems absurd.

You dont have to buy it people buy those for the VC, and the collectors stuff, I got the $99 version but I have GCU, and had certs and gift cards so it was like 50 bucks

Aight guys, just found out an easy way to get 800 VC. What u need to do:

1. Start a new MyLeague
2. Pick a team
3. Pick Simcast
4. Simulate untill the last minute (like final 20~40 seconds)
5. Jump into the game
6. Let the game end
7. GG, easy 800 VC onto ur account

Somehow u only get 100 VC for the games after, so what I do is after simming a game, I check in MyTeam my VC balance, delete the MyLeague save file and just make a new one and u will get 800 VC for the first game again. Just made 5k in a couple of minutes lol, gonna max out my character in no time.

Thanks man i'm gonna max my guy out doing this lol

StereoVsn

You dont have to buy it people buy those for the VC, and the collectors stuff, I got the $99 version but I have GCU, and had certs and gift cards so it was like 50 bucks
The more expensive versions only make sense if you want to play the online teams. Then you get bunch of packs for the players with them (packs come in weekly). Otherwise, for MyCareer, MyGM, it's cheaper just to buy VC.

I gotta admit the myplayer story is a million times better than the last few years. They went way less serious this time and I kinda think it works. It almost has the feeling of GTA cutscenes in spots, which might not be everyone's thing, but it's a definite improvement.

It's not overly-sentimental which by default makes it 100x better.

Cool thanks. Wanted to spend on a proper character but the cutscenes make that very undesirable. Only up to 68 from 60 on my PF, hopefully there's at least two more days to do this.

the cutscenes are pretty offputting :( i tend to go do something real quick while those run

jmizzal

2k bans for the dumbest shit, just be careful.

This def shouldnt be something you get banned for, you ban players for cheating online vs other players, or hacking to get VC. This is something thats built right into the game, if they dont want you to do it, they can just patch it out.

But whos to say im not just trying out all NBA teams in my league, checking out their roasters and schedules and playing a game? Which is what i'm doing besides only playing in the 4th

cHinzo

Okay, so 2 more questions for now:

1) The marker under players' feet. Sometimes the little white arrows for red for a moment and then go white again. What's that all about?

2) When shooting and really near the basket (sometimes or all the time - not sure), you don't get a shot meter. Does that mean there's no timing involved and it's down to clearance and player skill? Under what circumstances does this happen?

1. When it's red it means the player is standing on a hot zone. That spot increases his shot %. When it's white, it's just a neutral spot.

2. Yeah they removed the layup meter for this year. It's still based on timing though, the controller vibrates the moment u need to let it go.

Took the entire night, but I managed to max my player out, buy all the new animations I needed and got some spare VC to replace the basic clothes. Took way longer than I expected, but it was worth it. Everything is worth it over paying 2K more money or grinding 100 hours of MyCareer with a low OVR guy. Never again though. :p

ViciousDS

Banned
1. When it's red it means the player is standing on a hot zone. That spot increases his shot %. When it's white, it's just a neutral spot.

2. Yeah they removed the layup meter for this year. It's still based on timing though, the controller vibrates the moment u need to let it go.

Oooohhhhh I kept going by release lol, so vibration is when to let go.....good to know.

Did the method to 75 and actually felt that was a solid spot for me and my rookie as that's where we should fricken start my career. Feels so much better overall. Getting like 1100VC bonuses from Nike and everything now. Can casually work on my badges and actually enjoy the mycareer.

cHinzo

Oooohhhhh I kept going by release lol, so vibration is when to let go.....good to know.

Did the method to 75 and actually felt that was a solid spot for me and my rookie as that's where we should fricken start my career. Feels so much better overall. Getting like 1100VC bonuses from Nike and everything now. Can casually work on my badges and actually enjoy the mycareer.

Yeah, MyCareer finally starts to be fun now.

Holyshit though, buying shoes and clothes is expensive as fck. Paying 5k~6k for some stuff. :|

Edit: 10k VC for a Jordan jersey I usually wear! WTF!

My save file just got corrupted on switch version. Is this a common thing? :(

Follow these steps. It's a common thing sadly.

I gotta admit the myplayer story is a million times better than the last few years. They went way less serious this time and I kinda think it works. It almost has the feeling of GTA cutscenes in spots, which might not be everyone's thing, but it's a definite improvement.

It's not overly-sentimental which by default makes it 100x better.

Its not too bad honestly, reminds me of Tony Hawk Underground

ViciousDS

Banned
Which play now do you
Hover over for the missing character? The one on the very front menu where mycareer, and my team are below it or the sub menu one where you get like play now, gauntlet, nba today

jmizzal

Another man down. Mine was corrupted, fixed it and then it got corrupted again.

I'm going to just do that VC trick everyone's doing. It'll ease my pain.

When they recover your game, do you have to start you myplayer story over, or does it start where you left off?

ViciousDS

Banned
When they recover your game, do you have to start you myplayer story over, or does it start where you left off?

Pretty sure you start the story fresh.....but your character is duped. Sounds stupid

So they actually have halfway decent servers this year lol. Don't actually think I've had a connection issue since it came out but apparently mycareer characters are getting just corrupted left and right like crazy

The God

Can't even play ProAm with friends without getting separated during the horrible loading screens. This game is a fucking joke.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah, MyCareer finally starts to be fun now.

Holyshit though, buying shoes and clothes is expensive as fck. Paying 5k~6k for some stuff. :|

Edit: 10k VC for a Jordan jersey I usually wear! WTF!

Follow these steps. It's a common thing sadly.

You could just do the clothing glitch for now until you stack up VC to buy it.

1. Find the clothing you want to wear. This can be street shoes or any piece of street gear. This does not work for proam/nba league gear.

2. Add the gear you want to your cart

3.Go to your cart and click the right stick on the gear you want to wear. It says outside store but it's normally for just buying clothing. Make sure there is a green square next to the stuff you want. Now back out all the way by pressing circle or B(Xbox).

4. It gives you a warning saying you will lose whatever in your cart, say yes and exit the store.

5. Walk down to the 2k zone and in the right side of the store is the JDM headphone selling guy.

6. Do the same steps here. Cart, right click preview, green square and back out all the way.

7. Bam you got yourselves some gear and everyone can see it. It doesn't physically buy the gear, but you can still wear whatever you want and everyone can see it without paying any VC. It even stays equipped when you quit or reload the game just like you physically bought it.

Ne8t990.jpg

Living in Asia and playing on the Asian servers, I have to say it's ridiculous that the game can't display Chinese characters. Half the people's names are just boxes.

Also, my team full of brown shirts against a team of all OVR 87s. It ended 21 - 14, but that if big ass dude in the Lonzo Ball jersey was within two meters of of you, you were considered 'smothered' even if he didn't contest.

MattDoza

You could just do the clothing glitch for now until you stack up VC to buy it.

1. Find the clothing you want to wear. This can be street shoes or any piece of street gear. This does not work for proam/nba league gear.

2. Add the gear you want to your cart

3.Go to your cart and click the right stick on the gear you want to wear. It says outside store but it's normally for just buying clothing. Make sure there is a green square next to the stuff you want. Now back out all the way by pressing circle or B(Xbox).

4. It gives you a warning saying you will lose whatever in your cart, say yes and exit the store.

5. Walk down to the 2k zone and in the right side of the store is the JDM headphone selling guy.

6. Do the same steps here. Cart, right click preview, green square and back out all the way.

7. Bam you got yourselves some gear and everyone can see it. It doesn't physically buy the gear, but you can still wear whatever you want and everyone can see it without paying any VC. It even stays equipped when you quit or reload the game just like you physically bought it.
This totally works. Thanks!

JLG-

Just started downloading this on switch and had an email for a code which expires on the 15th September. What the fuck is that about?

If u check closely it actually expires 2018. At least that's the case with my ps4 version of the code.

So I've noticed the shot ratings here aren't meaningful. I've had good shots miss while lwte or early shots go in. What is the point of that rating?

deadfolk

Thanks!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Have not fired it up yet on Switch, seems like that version has problems. Anything to look out for in particular?

The audio in the cutscenes is out of sync, probably because the framerate usually takes a dip in those. Then there are some quite long loading times, but I don't know if this is specific to Switch. The gameplay itself is smooth and nice though.

Hristi

Aight guys, just found out an easy way to get 800 VC. What u need to do:

1. Start a new MyLeague
2. Pick a team
3. Pick Simcast
4. Simulate untill the last minute (like final 20~40 seconds)
5. Jump into the game
6. Let the game end
7. GG, easy 800 VC onto ur account

Somehow u only get 100 VC for the games after, so what I do is after simming a game, I check in MyTeam my VC balance, delete the MyLeague save file and just make a new one and u will get 800 VC for the first game again. Just made 5k in a couple of minutes lol, gonna max out my character in no time.

I accidentally deleted my mycareer player doing this. FML those cutscenes again..

Tubobutts

They need to fix it being an almost automatic turnover anytime you pass to someone in the paint. They fumble almost every pass no matter what.

derFeef

Before jumping in. What is the progress like in this game? Can I just pick my favourite team (also Classic Team) and play the game while learning the mechanics - or would that be too frustrating? Is the career stuff a good tutorial on mechanics and Basketball knowledge?

Top Bottom