• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Oh gosh, Pub Games. I remember grinding that game out in anticipation of Fable II.

This also reminds me that the Dead Space 2 preorder game, Dead Space Ignition, has still not appeared in my ready to install list. I gotta contact support over that.

Synth

Really? I thought most of them did. I definitely remember Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sonic R working as well.

Most did. But I'm pretty confident NiGHTS wouldn't have been one of them, due to the dynamic music elements tied to the A-Life stuff.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
It just sucks that the second best fable game will languish forever on last gen because of kinect

What's that and why?

Edit: Very excited for Fable. I dunno how things work but the jankiness in 2 & 3 annoy me now. Will x improve that, slightly better cpu etc.

Backlogger

So many times I was on the fence about getting Fable digitally but it just never got quite low enough. I bet its a while before it hits that $13 range again...

EBE

What's that and why?
Unless someone is gonna be willing to convert Fable The Journey over into a strict controller based rail shooter (where it would instantly lose all of it's charm) I don't think Kinect emulation is at all possible (according to Phil's past statements) or even desirable given this Kinects low adoption numbers this gen (and even smaller overlap between owners of the game on last gen and Kinect owners this gen)

So it's basically stuck there forever as I see it. Which is a shame because I contend that it has a great story, the best in the series, and there was some fun to be had with the motion controls that simply wouldn't work on a controller

DarkCloud

It just sucks that the second best fable game will languish forever on last gen because of kinect

Nothing stopping them from remastering it ala those disney titles they have coming later on. Upgrade support to kinect 2.0 and add a controller mode alongside. In fact I'd be shocked if they don't do this.

Also wouldn't be shocked if Capcom did a quick remaster of that steel battalion game if they can figure out a control scheme that works on pad. That version might even work this time.

Bizzquik

Forecast calls for a 60% chance of nothing.

The following Xbox 360 games are now compatible with Xbox One:

-Fable Anniversary
-Fable II: Pub Games

6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b-pi

...And I'm totally fine eating this for lunch today.
Fable Anniversary! Finally !!!

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Unless someone is gonna be willing to convert Fable The Journey over into a strict controller based rail shooter (where it would instantly lose all of it's charm) I don't think Kinect emulation is at all possible (according to Phil's past statements) or even desirable given this Kinects low adoption numbers this gen (and even smaller overlap between owners of the game on last gen and Kinect owners this gen)

So it's basically stuck there forever as I see it. Which is a shame because I contend that it has a great story, the best in the series, and there was some fun to be had with the motion controls that simply wouldn't work on a controller

I've never played it, forgot all about it.

Flagship

Excellent! I own fable anniversary but I haven't properly had a chance to play it. I do remember it having dodgy frame rates on 360 though.

I've had a rough history with this game, I owned the original on the OG xbox, got halfway-ish through and my disc stopped working.

I went to the store to exchange it and they gave me lost chapters (or it could've been the vanilla one, my memory is hazy) whatever it was, it was the opposite to the version I owned and my save didn't work. So I started again and got 30ish% through and my save file got corrupted.

Then I tried playing it AGAIN after a friend begged me to do so (as it was his favourite game and he was trying to get a job at lionhead, rip) on the xbox 360 core. Can you guessed what happened? My 360 RROD'd :-( and it was the 4th time it did that so I bought an xbox 360 slim... and it turns out, you couldn't transfer your OG xbox saves, so I lost everything again!

Then I bought the anniversary edition a few months after release, played about 10% but tbf I just kinda lost interest (and thought the remaster wasn't that good? The visuals were nice sure, just the FPS was a little rough).

Now it coming full circle! I need to get this game completed once and for all. Here's to xbox one BC!

(Update: Oh crap, ive run out of gold and won't be able to transfer my save from my 360 slim. I promised myself I wouldn't get gold till black friday. Dang it! :p )

One day, Sam Fisher, you will rize fwom your gwave!

yunbuns

The following Xbox 360 games are now compatible with Xbox One:

-Fable Anniversary
-Fable II: Pub Games

Nice! I've never played the original Fable despite playing the 2nd and 3rd. The art style kind of bothers me but I'm looking forward to it.

It's kinda neat.
But any opinion that doesn't have Fable 2 as the best in the series is plainly wrong.
Fable 1 is still pretty great though.

Excited to see how the framerate was affected

Hell yea. Fable 2 was/is awesome.
I need to find my disc. :(

Backlogger

Hopefully its going to be a GMG title soon...

I'd happily buy a digital copy for $5 though, I just know that won't happen any time soon.

Justinh

Nice! I've never played the original Fable despite playing the 2nd and 3rd. The art style kind of bothers me but I'm looking forward to it.

Same here, even though I bought the Xbox Originals digital copy of the first a long time ago. Glad I bought Anniversary last time it went on sale, now. Maybe I'll finally get into it this time.

Jawmuncher

Nice to see Fable.
AMAZED they even bothered with Pub Games. That is like legit just a game for it's time. It was nothing more than a hype machine filler until Fable 2 came out. There's no reason to bother with it now.

Novocaine

Got myself a brand new copy of Fable Anniversary on eBay for $25AUD. Haven’t played it since the original Xbox. Kind of excited to try it again.

muzzymate

That's weird, yesterday I had to download a update for Gears of War 2 o_O

They've been updating seeming all of the 360 backwards compatibility titles. I've had most of my titles update over the past few weeks. Probably just an incremental upgrades to the emulator software.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

I’m kinda surprised they can’t just release a firmware update to allow the 360 Kinect to connect via USB and also release a USB dongle that connects to 360 accessories so we can get Hero music games as BC too.

Keinning

I had fable anniversary. Somehow. Woo? Guess i'll finally finish it after i beat inquisition. What's the difference between it and just normal fable again?

EvB

I had fable anniversary. Somehow. Woo? Guess i'll finally finish it after i beat inquisition. What's the difference between it and just normal fable again?

Entirely different engine and a decade of software and hardware technology between them so it looks and performs better

Keinning

Entirely different engine and a decade of software and hardware technology between them so it looks and performs better

my bad, after a quick googling found out i was mixing it up with that other fable game (lost chapters or some shit like that)

which changes nothing because it was also a OG xbox game i guess

Fable Anniversary has a good bit of DLC. That makes it a GWG possibility. So what they do is put it out on BC now, give it a couple months to squeeze some money out of people willing to buy it. Put it on sale in November to pick up any stragglers, and then make it a GWG for December holidays to the delight of those who did not buy it.

EvB

my bad, after a quick googling found out i was mixing it up with that other fable game (lost chapters or some shit like that)

which changes nothing because it was also a OG xbox game i guess

Lost Chapters was sort of the definitive edition of the game, it had a load of extra stuff in it.

Anniversary has all that content

Fox Mulder

They've been updating seeming all of the 360 backwards compatibility titles. I've had most of my titles update over the past few weeks. Probably just an incremental upgrades to the emulator software.

Getting 700 mb updates for dozens of bc titles just made me uninstall a bunch I'll get around to playing eventually.

kc44135

We don't know the specific resolutions yet but the games definitely run at a higher resolution than 480p. Microsoft had Crimson Skies on a LAN running between a XB1s and an original Xbox at E3 and there was a big difference in image quality and loading times on the S.
Sounds good!
Crimson Skies and Fuzion Frenzy running on xbox one in this video, just a few seconds but I think it's interesting.
The video is in spanish, I can't find any other video, is it the first footage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBExj2SlNTw

Looks good too! :D

vsMIC

where the fuck is ninja gaiden 2 ? ... and rez, sf3 online and tales of vesperia?

i am starving for those bc games.

Solidsoul

Banned
Nice to see Fable.
AMAZED they even bothered with Pub Games. That is like legit just a game for it's time. It was nothing more than a hype machine filler until Fable 2 came out. There's no reason to bother with it now.

I thought Fable 2 Pub game was a good arcade title on it's own, I didn't stop playing it off and on until 2013...5 years after it released.

Finally, Fable Anniversary. The one game that I had wanted since the program was announced. Of course it happens right after I sell my Xbox in anticipation of the X. Oh well, at least it'll be ready as soon as I pick up my X.

Fable Anniversary has a good bit of DLC. That makes it a GWG possibility. So what they do is put it out on BC now, give it a couple months to squeeze some money out of people willing to buy it. Put it on sale in November to pick up any stragglers, and then make it a GWG for December holidays to the delight of those who did not buy it.
At $40 I will sure as hell hold off. I went to buy it immediately and saw that it is still the bafflingly high $40. I will never understand when publishers don't pair the sale with the BC announcement. It's a lot easier to impulse a $20 game when it goes BC than a $40 one.

BouncyFrag

Been playing some Fable Ann and it's running much better than it was on the 360.

I forgot how much I love its soundtrack.

Well, off to show Whisper how it's done...

Edit: damn that 50 second race to the demon door 😡 . Whisper shall have to wait.

amardilo

That's weird, yesterday I had to download a update for Gears of War 2 o_O

I'm getting lots of updates for my 360 games so I was wondering what was going on.

Has anyone done a comparison video about backwards compatibility lately? I'd like to see what if any improvements have been made.

Top Bottom