• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

sp3ctr3

Is there any chance whatsoever in the future of the BC project that the region free CAVE bullethell shooters will be backwards compatible? Or even the western releases?

I see that Guwange has got a BC update on xbox live but it's one of the main reasons my Xbox 360 is still hooked up.

Is there any chance whatsoever in the future of the BC project that the region free CAVE bullethell shooters will be backwards compatible? Or even the western releases?

I see that Guwange has got a BC update on xbox live but it's one of the main reasons my Xbox 360 is still hooked up.

I can't see there being technically any reason why it's not possible.
The fact that Guwange is back compat means that CAVE are most likely aware of the program - what bothers me is that perhaps CAVE don't want to release the games on back compat because they want to re-release them again at some point to be able to get us all to buy the games again.. </cynical_view>

I'd love to have Ketsui be playable on my Xbox One :(
And I don't own Mushihimesama Futari but you can bet I would the moment it goes back compat.

Head.spawn

Where can you see tags?

Go to My Games and Apps, pick a game, press/hold Lb + Rb, then press the View button (Back). It shows assets that are installed.

This is in the newest Alpha Build with the "download 4k content (Xbox One X)" option selected, I'm not actually sure if all the other builds have that option yet tbh.

Xbox One X tags are going to say: ;Xbox-One-Scorpio; or a new one I'm seeing is just simply ;X;.

Deus Ex HR is the only BC game I've seen pop-up with that tag so far out of the 40 or so BC games I have installed.

amardilo

Go to My Games and Apps, pick a game, press/hold Lb + Rb, then press the View button (Back). It shows assets that are installed.

This is in the newest Alpha Build with the "download 4k content (Xbox One X)" option selected, I'm not actually sure if all the other builds have that option yet tbh.

Xbox One X tags are going to say: ;Xbox-One-Scorpio; or a new one I'm seeing is just simply ;X;.

Deus Ex HR is the only BC game I've seen pop-up with that tag so far out of the 40 or so BC games I have installed.

Wow! Thanks for that.

The price is way too much though. I'll wait for a sale. But as Eurogamer says...

How about Fable 4?

Yes indeed!!!!!

I'm just afraid whenever a new one happens it will not be the one we all want.

Again!

I can't believe Fable Anniversary is bc now.

The price is way too much though. I'll wait for a sale.

There's always a sale for these new backwards compatible games. Even if the list price is high or £14.99 at the time they are made compatible.

Battlefield 3, GWG quickly
Lost Odyssey, Free in December
Blue Dragon, £7.99 sale price twice already
Rage, was discounted to a low price

So on and so forth.

gar3

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of difficulty with the DLC to Dragon Age: Origins and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it for me. On both my Xbox 360 and Xbox One I have Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition installed. Booting the game digitally on Xbox 360 (or from the main game disc) shows and allows me to access the DLC. On Xbox One though, the DLC is not showing up as owned (it wants me to rebuy it). I have tried booting digitally, booting from the main game disc, and booting from the DLC disc. All three on Xbox One just boot the vanilla version and want me to rebuy the DLC again. I even tried going into my external HDD where Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition is stored, making sure the DLC is there and installed which it is, and booting it from there but the same scenario happens. Any ideas or thoughts about what is going on? Am I missing something?
Three and a half months later
As everyone knows, the XB360 BC stuff is getting the newer emulator applied to them. I noticed and downloaded the Dragon Age: Origins one the other day and finally got a chance to boot the game this morning. Again, making sure the DLC from the Ultimate Edition disc was installed as well as the DLC disc itself in the system I booted the game. As the game continued to boot it got to the "Checking Downloadable Items" section and it froze for about three minutes (the "wheel" kept spinning and a single note from the music was repeated over and over and over again). Afterwards it went straight to the dashboard menu of the game. From there checking Download Content revealed about a third of it was recognized and the other two-thirds was available for purchase. I booted my save and it refused to boot because I had not downloaded and installed the Blood Dragon Armor so it kicked me back out to the dashboard menu of the game again. I once more went into Download Content and the Blood Dragon Armor was marked as "downloaded." I clicked it and hit Download Again and was booted back to the Download Content menu whereas every piece of DLC was now marked as Downloaded. Booted my save again and it loaded just fine and all the DLC was finally there in-game, too. I quit the game and re-booted it just to make sure and, yes, all the DLC was still there without me having to do anything.

I believe back in June I was having an issue with the Games with Gold vanilla version causing some sort of miscommunication with my disc Ultimate Edition copy. I'm posting this so that anyone else who was caught in the same situation may want to download the latest update to the game and try again.

Ravi_elite

Banned
look i promise ill shut up the day you give me this .

0bd11c43f2716b5d5839921db4737035.jpg

Hawk269

Any news on OG Xbox BC? Outside of E3 it has been radio silence, but just wondering if anyone heard anything as of late. I hope it comes soon with a good selection of games to start the program off.

Syriel

The Dreamcast did not "run" on Windows CE.

It could boot WinCE and run games under WinCE, but the vast majority of games did not use WinCE. They ran on the default OS for the system.
Honestly the fact the system had two SDKs would make things more difficult lol, though to be honest there's probably like 5 Windows CE games worth playing.

Syriel

Honestly the fact the system had two SDKs would make things more difficult lol, though to be honest there's probably like 5 Windows CE games worth playing.

Not really. It just booted into WinCE when a game disc had that on it.

Not really complex. You either made a game for the DC OS, or you made a game for the DC build of WinCE.

Ravi_elite

Banned
Whatever happened to leaks of Xbox backwards compatibility..I enjoyed knowing in advance and having my hopes higher for a game coming soon that wasn't known by everyone...now we are all out of the loop...please leakers...Evo...someone decode when Saints Row comes to Xbox one..thank you

JP

I've been away from this for ages so don't shout at me for asking these questions. ;)

Are the original Xbox games available yet or when is it due to happen? Am I correct in thinking that none of the OutRun games on either system are ever likely to make an appearance on the Xbox One?

I've been messing around with Daytona and I would probably be willing to kill people to get the OutRun games but I remember that there was sort of licensing issue with Sega so I think the games were removed. I assume that if they're no longer available to buy the disc versions will never be made compatible with the machine?

I imagine it rules out any chance of their being an OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast remaster of the PS2 version on the PS4 too?

Dammit, I need some OutRun!!!!

Leeway

Neo Member
So close to getting all the RPGs I own on BC, wonder what the hold up on Vesperia is... Namco Bandai witholding? Also, no Asura's wrath is sad. I just wanna completely retire my 360.

Flagship

tumblr_mrcmpb84jw1sb7steo1_400.gif

splinter-cell-blacklist-gif.gif

giphy.gif

Hoping Sam Fisher comes back in action soon. TBH I wouldn't mind Ubisoft doing an 'assassin's creed 2 trilogy' type of deal with all 6+ splinter cell games. But backwards compatibility would be the most ideal because of the online component is kinda dead atm...

Still waiting on Blur and Driver: San Francisco.

*fingers crossed* especially for the latter, as I remember it was first shown at the E3 presentation and I've been thinking a lot about just how BRILLIANT that game truly was. Loved every second of it.

Top Bottom