• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oprah said fuck it and went to the bank to cash a million dollar check for fun

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
https://youtu.be/jKguXsNkJ4w

Ellen and Oprah are answering hot seat like questions together, and banking comes up. Ellen can't remember the last time she physically went to a bank.

Oprah chimes in like I haven't been since 1988. Couple of weeks ago I just went to a bank to cash a million dollar check just for fun and to see what would happen.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13484-1349223560-2.gif

What bank did she go to? Because no way a bank holds that much on cash on tap
I am guessing into a checking/savings account? Not like an actual withdrawal after cashing.

Anyway, if she really did that, I mean I wouldn't mind having that much money to definitely use rather than just for fun, but man, she put her time in. She has been hustling for years and I would say brought talk shows up from just being crap like Jerry Springer and Maury.

hirokazu

What's so special about depositing a $2m cheque though? They just process it and give you the receipt. Cashing it would've been fun to see.

jelly

I remember when I cashed quite a big amount at the bank, not even close to that and it was highly amusing waiting in the queue and staff members checking what you were in for just as a curtesy as some people should queue at other areas, anyway the point when they saw the check I had, they came back, right this way sir, 1st class service, it was weird, almost got a tea out of it.

Okay, now I want to know how they do stuff. They don't have an ATM number? They just never use cash? I guess they have assistants who buy all their shit for them anyway...but how does it all work? They just have financial people who pay for everything and they never think about it?

Do you think they have credit cards, even? I guess it's possible that they literally never touch money or any kind of payment method in their lives. They just walk around and do whatever they want and other people take care of the details.

What's so special about depositing a $2m cheque though? They just process it and give you the receipt. Cashing it would've been fun to see.

I thought this was referring to that incident where a visible minority(Muslim I think) got arrested for depositing a legit check for a few hundred grand.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Oh, what a romp!

Okay, now I want to know how they do stuff. They don't have an ATM number? They just never use cash? I guess they have assistants who buy all their shit for them anyway...but how does it all work? They just have financial people who pay for everything and they never think about it?

Do you think they have credit cards, even? I guess it's possible that they literally never touch money or any kind of payment method in their lives. They just walk around and do whatever they want and other people take care of the details.

Even I don't really have many reasons to go to the bank. I occasionally go to ATMs because some places around me still only accept cash for
tax evasion
reasons, but other than that, what would you need to go to the bank for?

What's far more interesting is trying to take out a million dollars... Or even a hundred thousand. See how much they squirm to get out of it in the moment.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Funny segment, oprah and ellen play off each other well.

Yeah I wonder if they are friends irl ?
I wouldn't mind these two in a comedy together.

I ain't even mad at that 2 mill. Sometimes you have to stunt on em.

I thought this was referring to that incident where a visible minority(Muslim I think) got arrested for depositing a legit check for a few hundred grand.

Yeah, it may not have been their intent to address it, but being black and depositing a big-ass check will get you some negative attention in some places.

It’s not like she hasn’t been kicked out of a fancy shop despite being Oprah.

Top Bottom