• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oprah said fuck it and went to the bank to cash a million dollar check for fun

LOL do you see the moron in office now?

Well he's a white straight male who is unarguably racist/misogynistic/greedy/pathological liar, Oprah is a black woman who is pro black/pro LGBT/puts her money to helping others/genuinely a decent person. Absolutely gigantic difference.

One of them possess traits people love A LOT, the other possess traits that people SHOULD love but don't especially because the person who possesses those traits has the wrong skin color.

I, too, tried to cash a multi-million dollar check at a local bank. Me, the police, and the FBI had a pretty good laugh about it.
By the way, I have a Go Fund Me page for my bail. Please donate today.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
breaking-bad-money-bed.gif

I am legit disappointed that I had to post this gif first.......

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
What's so special about depositing a $2m cheque though? They just process it and give you the receipt. Cashing it would've been fun to see.
it wouldnt be that fun to see, they would just say ‘no’ possibly alert the police as well. that happens in NL if its more than 10k, because nobody needs 10k in case anymore unless you need to pay for a hostage release

ZOONAMI

It would be fun to write Oprah on a withdrawal slip and try to take out a million but they would probably think you were trying to rob them.

Why???

I see no problem with that

Wait, what?

Oprah literally grew up dirt poor and you think it's insensitive that she's joking about now being rich?

I'm familiar with America's love for the bootstrap myth, but still, she's an outlier and I think it would be in better taste to be aware of that. Especially considering the havoc income inequality has wreaked upon the states lately.

Kinokou

If I had Oprah's money or anyone here had Oprah's money, you wouldn't be going to the bank either.

It's been 8 years since I went to a physical bank as everything can be handled online, not because I'm crazy rich.

Is online banking rare in America?

Sami+

It's been 8 years since I went to a physical bank as everything can be handled online, not because I'm crazy rich.

Is online banking rare in America?

Not as far as I'm aware. I've lived in Florida my whole life and out of the 5-6 years I've been working I'm sure I've been to the bank less than ten times.

VAD

It’s amazing, how come talk show hosts can earn so much money? Have they other lucratives businesses?

Ninja Dom

It’s amazing, how come talk show hosts can earn so much money? Have they other lucratives businesses?

Oprah owned the company that produced her talk show. And she had one of the most popular talk shows in the world for years. She sold her talk show to many channels and networks in many countries around the world.

Sch1sm

Oprah was always doing something.

Actress
Producer
Author/Co-Author
Radio
Don't forget she literally owns a network, OWN
She got that production studio (Harpo Productions) which put through shows like Dr Phil, Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray, Ivana: Fix My Life, among others.

She got stupid money because she didn't pigeonhole herself.

Top Bottom