• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite water based level?

Solo

OoT's Water Temple?
DK64's Gloomy Ghalleon?
Evilore's Shower?
Uncharted's Sink or Swim?
Super Mario 64's Jolly Roger Bay?

I personally am I huge fan of Mario.

ExVicis

Dire Dire Docks. Actually probably all Mario water levels in Mario 64. Usually Water levels give me a lot of anxiety in videogames but those levels I was fine. Felt completely calm and everything while doing them.

MistBreeze

There are many amazing water levels , but I can not forget sonic 3 and knuckles act 2 water level the best there is

Been playing Last Guardian recently, holy fuck the brief underwater sections were a pure joy, god im sad i didnt play it at launch.

I really liked Stage 3 of Downwell. The water physics were negligible but just enough that you knew it was water. The music was toned down and "floaty."

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I know. But I'm more interested in talking about water levels than caring about that.

Heh, I really dont like water levels as I am not a fan of being in water. There was a game for xbox a long time ago that was about wakeboarding that I loved though. Really fun wakeboarding stunt game. I can't remember the title for the life of me.

Thankfully being on top of water doesn't bother me!

I guess one game I didn't mind the water in was Tomb Raider Underworld. The start of that game was pretty neat.

LeeorV

Neo Member
I really liked Stage 3 of Downwell. The water physics were negligible but just enough that you knew it was water. The music was toned down and "floaty."

That's an amazing water level!

Personally I think my favorite would have to be Level 5 of the original Blaster Master on NES. the music coupled with the stage design, boss, feeling of vulnerability you got from having to stray so far from the SOPHIA, and the ultra memorable boss.

Tareskog

Just ignoring the suicide OT, and tries to bring something into a actual discussion. The first game which came to mind was Super Mario 64, so that must have done something right. That bay is so well crafted. My only complaint is that I always has difficulty catching the star on the eels tail. Great music, but not as good as aquatic ambience.

Not sure if these are water-based or some other liquid, but it's pretty good:

Dewalt-Torpedo-Level.jpg

Vire

Check most of the big OT posters with long histories. They are all banned or left. Blame Space is even gone.

:(

Going to miss a lot of these folks, I have so many fond memories of Halo and Destiny GAF specifically. What a shame, here's hoping the other "place" is set up sooner rather than later.

GAF isn't so much the website itself to me but the people who made it the place it is.

Done with this site. Don't let your online persona define you. Really think about what you're saying/posting and realize that it's coming from you. The EL statement is saddening.

Sexual Assault Hotline
1-800-656-4673
Sexual Abuse - Stop It Now!
1-888-PREVENT

giphy.gif

Chrono Trigger is the best.

yamaneko

i LIKE Metal Gear Solid 2 water level..

i HATE from the deep of my heart the little mermaid level of Kingdom Hearts

xviper

ever since i was young, i hated water levels thanks to Crash, but there is a game that had a water level and it was surprisingly amazing, Rayman games on ps3\x360

I know. But I'm more interested in talking about water levels than caring about that.
We get favorite water level threads at a rate of 1 per month or two. Unless someone's account got activated yesterday it beggars belief how discussing something endlessly can mantain any interest.

That's something that's been weakening my desire to browse this place for a while now. The stale memery and void of originality in a lot of posts here is rampant. I'm tired of jlaw OK gifs and reading about what a pinnacle of humanity Witcher 3 is (there is less of that nowadays, sure). I'm tired of endless x is the best whatever of all topics, and 200 replies of people saying "that's not (this other comparable thing that I prefer instead)" thinking they are funny. I am really fucking tired of "news at 11" and "you mean x is actually (fact that is obvious to everyone with the benefit of hindsight)? I'm shocked." Do you really have nothing to express other than banality and tedious, meritless cynicism?

Man I used to love gaf. And if I get banned for whatever reason I'd take it as a courtesy for my account and posts to be deleted as well. It's been real.

Top Bottom