• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Imm0rt4l

Jh6Xv.gif

lol

FreeMufasa

Love and peace guys. No war.

Dreams story reminds me of my ignorant days. I'm a good looking chap, but not THAT good. Atleast not good enough to have women try to pick me up back then. Was running for the bus once (I was around 15) and missed it. Started swearing and a girl is agreeing with me who also missed it. We start talking and then a lift comes for her. We shake hands and she lays a piece of paper in my hand. I looked at this strangley and all I see is something like

I chased after huh and was all "Excuse me, you gave me this by accident". She looked at me in disgust and just left. I only noticed it was a number after I told my bro.

2nd story a girl I was trying to hook up with at an after school club. After chasing each other, we're sitting down outside and talking. She says to me "Wanna come over to mine on Friday? parents aren't in" My exact words were "No sorry, Brute Force releases then" (This piece of shit)

This time I realised a few hours later but she already invited my friend (Who till this day talks about that night being the best sex of his life). I remember playing it thinking "Wow, this game is sooo good. Glad i'm here playing it". Cried myself to sleep that week.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Dreams story reminds me of my ignorant days. I'm a good looking chap, but not THAT good. Atleast not good enough to have women try to pick me up back then. Was running for the bus once (I was around 15) and missed it. Started swearing and a girl is agreeing with me who also missed it. We start talking and then a lift comes for her. We shake hands and she lays a piece of paper in my hand. I looked at this strangley and all I see is something like

I chased after huh and was all "Excuse me, you gave me this by accident". She looked at me in disgust and just left. I only noticed it was a number after I told my bro.

2nd story a girl I was trying to hook up with at an after school club. After chasing each other, we're sitting down outside and talking. She says to me "Wanna come over to mine on Friday? parents aren't in" My exact words were "No sorry, Brute Force releases then" (This piece of shit)

This time I realised a few hours later but she already invited my friend (Who till this day talks about that night being the best sex of his life). I remember playing it thinking "Wow, this game is sooo good. Glad i'm here playing it". Cried myself to sleep that week.

honestly musfasa, i keep forgetting youre on the other side of the atlantic. if a chick handed me that number, i would have been confused as hell.

sucks about brute force though.

BRUTE MOTHAFUCKIN FORCE. hahahahhhahahaha

Sorry, dogg.

Imm0rt4l

Wow.......brute force. Just wow. That is a Huge L.

sorry bro.

HOLY SHIT
KuGsj.gif

Yo Mufasa, you have my sympathy, but god damn man.

Slayven

LOL, you are making me like you and when I start liking a poster then end up melting down.

Nakazato

lol.

Wish i had stories like this :( no one ever wanted me

Where you're from-Minneapolis, Minnesota
Where you live- Saint Paul, Minnesota
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American, Native American, Irish, Swedish, and Finish(mut, yes I know)
Do you know your roots?- No clue
Your Age- 20
Favorite musical genre- rap, but if I like a song it doesn't matter the genre
Your profession/major/career interest- Going for my bachelors in IT
Your religious affiliation- Agnostic. I don't even like classing myself as that, but if I have to thats what it would be.
Hobbies- Gaming, basketball, movies, paintball.

Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing?- I think this is just plain stupid. I don't like to be put into groups, like black guys or nerds. I am who I am. Yes i'm a black man but that doesn't mean I act like every other black man. Yes im a nerd but that doesn't mean I act like every other nerd. It goes along with the "act white" or "act black", i'm not going to ACT like anything. Im going to be myself and not give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

Imm0rt4l

Where you're from-Minneapolis, Minnesota
Where you live- Saint Paul, Minnesota
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American, Native American, Irish, Swedish, and Finish(mut, yes I know)
Do you know your roots?- No clue
Your Age- 20
Favorite musical genre- rap, but if I like a song it doesn't matter the genre
Your profession/major/career interest- Going for my bachelors in IT
Your religious affiliation- Agnostic. I don't even like classing myself as that, but if I have to thats what it would be.
Hobbies- Gaming, basketball, movies, paintball.

Do you feel ostracized as a black nerd/dork? Charles Barkley once said that "there's nothing sadder than a black nerd". What do you think about those words, and while we're on the issue, what is gaf's opinion on the whole "act white" thing?- I think this is just plain stupid. I don't like to be put into groups, like black guys or nerds. I am who I am. Yes i'm a black man but that doesn't mean I act like every other black man. Yes im a nerd but that doesn't mean I act like every other nerd. It goes along with the "act white" or "act black", i'm not going to ACT like anything. Im going to be myself and not give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

Welcome, and your sentiments mirror my own. I just moved from Minnesota myself.

$hawty

Banned

hahaha. This actually made me laugh out loud.

Yo....

LOL

Damn you Brute Force!

I don't really have any stories. My younger days I was way too scared to talk to girls. I was like 13 when my neighbor tried to introduce me to his niece a few times. My brother would always try to get to go meet her but i'd just lock myself in my room. Ran into her when I was like 15 waiting on the bus one day and talked a bit. That was the last time I ever saw her.

Looking back, I really wish I wasn't so shy. =/

In case you haven't noticed, saying silly things is kind of my thing.
Yeah I kinda of noticed that.

I turned down pussy here and there but the only notable time being a really cute chick that I just didn't know was in to me. She's super fat now so it's not that big of a deal. You ever see a chick so hot on the street and think "damn I wonder who the hell is fucking her??!"

This made my day. ROFL. You're awesome.

Edit: Good Job Bob, you're the homey but you're stepping on some Haitian toes that you shouldn't be stepping on.

zero_suit

HAHAHAHA

:jnc

Of all the games to inexplicably pass booty up for, BRUTE FORCE?
This leads me to believe that somewhere in the universe, someone may have turned down a chick for something like Azurik.

Or worse, Nightcaster.

ReiGun

You would not believe how hard I'm trying not to burst into laughter right now. Brute Force though? My word, man. lol

Lespedeza

Banned

lmao! Brute Force sucked.

Yo dawg.............................

Onemic

Smh at that confederate thread, some people don't even realize their ignorance. Want to hang the confederate flag? Fine, just don't try and whitewash what it stood for and still stands for, for a majority of people.

Imm0rt4l

That's cool. Did you stay in the Midwest or move somewhere sunny?

I moved back to my original home in Vegas,I was in MN for school. It's Sunny here like 360 days of the year, it's annoying actually. But I'd rather deal with it than snow.

This has to be a joke, by the way.

Google "Vanessa Nina".

Yeah.

*bites lip
*puts shades on

Smh at that confederate thread, some people don't even realize their ignorance. Want to hang the confederate flag? Fine, just don't try and whitewash what it stood for and still stands for, for a majority of people.

lol @ the guy flying the flag in MN and wondering why it's raising brows. You weren't in the confederacy buddy.

Bleepey

Was about to congratulate you but 15 pounds overweight doesn't sound too bad. Should have probably got your dick sucked or something but I guess you handled it well.

Yo man, i have been close to fucking a few fat white girls. Ain't happened yet, but i have been close. Only proper fat girl i fucked was Asian (brown). I say whatever, let her touch your penis.

IceCold

This has to be a joke, by the way.

Google "Vanessa Nina".

Yeah.

I didn't know she was Haitian. I thought she was Jamaican or something. She's hot as hell.

Where I live there are a lot of Haitians (in fact most black people are from there). Like any ethnicity, there are ugly women, and hot women. God bless the hot ones.

Satch

Banned
yes but as evidenced by Vanessa Nina's lighter skin, she is not completely Haitian so she doesn't really count

i should know

i'm an expert

Top Bottom