• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Aliens Colonial Marines Wii U version "postponed indefinitely"

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Considering how bad it is, does anyone want it?

Yes the game-pad as the motion tracker would be cool, but everything else...still remains.

Well I'm hoping that a lot of the major issues will have been resolved for the WiiU version.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If true it's good news, the game is complete shit and is beyond repair.

Zombi U gives me my motion tracker fix anyway.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is that something that could be fixed in a matter of months?

Graphics aside, things like AI and path finding would take quite a lot of work.

Well I'm hoping that they used the PC textures and improved the lightning and renderer for the WiiU as a matter of course anyway.

And I hope they do patch/fix the major game bugs to get the game in a playable state. I'm not expecting miracles. But if they can raise the game from a 5/10 to a 7/10 then I'd bite.

Well I'm hoping that they used the PC textures and improved the lightning and renderer for the WiiU as a matter of course anyway.

And I hope they do patch/fix the major game bugs to get the game in a playable state. I'm not expecting miracles. But if they can raise the game from a 5/10 to a 7/10 then I'd bite.

If sales are terrible, and they should be, I don't think they'll bother.

Manmedaz

Could it be that Nintendo wants the game to be improved, or was it already planed to be released at a later date ? Also, who's in charge of the WiiU version ?

Malvingt2

So far I think everyones in on this thing (fiasco) and not just by association but circumstance as well as a hell of alot of mis-communication.

From what I can gather this project has gone through that many restarts since it was announced its not funny - we all know this right?

However, what alot of people don't identify (again because of general concensus) is that the Wii U version (still very much on the way), done exclusively by Demiurge studio's, is the big version; the joint venture was banking on.

I know what you're thinkin right? "WTF!?, how stupid, no ones adopting the Wii U, what were they thinking?" and you'd be right if it wasn't for the fact that SEGA's industry analysis favoured the U version, in fact the entire joint venture did.
This is because that version ports to the new consoles by Sony & MS (in the future) and thus has the tightest longevity of the product. Instead of a few months in the dying period of current gen systems, they favour a product that will last (potentally) 2-3yrs and allow for sequals.

Moving on, alot if not all the pre-production of the title was handled by Demiurge studio's before they went onto work exclusively on the Wii U version from the ground up.

Post-production was then handed to Timegate studio's and Nerve software; whilst Gearbox software completed Borderlands 2. Once assets there were completed Gearbox software retook up post-production to release candidacy of the campaign (sp or story, if you like) finalising with Fox and SEGA over the final shape of the product; and Timegate studio's finalised thier assets for the multi-player/co-op campaign with Nerve software (if I'm not mistaken). Which I think is where everyones getting confused. Timegate studio's finished thier work a coupla months back if I'm not mistaken?

Now heres where I have a hunch something behind the scenes went ass-up. Purely speculation of course - and the media is in on it in this scenario (boy I just won alot of cred. there..).

Somewhere around the time Timegate studio's finished the PS3/360 version was canned. The last trailer released by Gearbox Software was the 'Kick-Ass Trailer' - this is actually Demiurge studio's Wii U trailer. I believe that was shortly before the big 2hr IGN reveal, shortly before launch - which again, was the PC version - and why I believe SEGA canned the PS3/360 versions at this time; and the media knew about it.

During this time SEGA must've had a change of heart, possibly due to Wii U adoption looking less progressive (which the joint venture was banking on); and asked Gearbox Software to resurrect those versions at the 11th hour.
Now I know people aren't ready to write off thier current consoles just yet, but from a buisiness perspective - not sinking money into the dying moments of the end of a system generation is a sane call.

So you might ask, "Why then was the PC version not en par with the IGN reveal either?" because its been dumbed down to maintain parity with the console releases. Its actually still quite alot better, the console releases were pretty ordinary.
In the next couple of weeks the Wii U version, the one with the greatest longevity, will be released; I suspect in all my speculation, you will see a magic patch that will bring the PC version up to date, if not surpassing the IGN reveal everyone was watching.

http://forums.timegate.com/showpost.php?p=285185&postcount=43

I don't know if this should get own thread.

Mileena

Banned
Sounds like they just want people to buy their bad game on Wii U instead of forgetting it ever existed. Good luck to the poor souls at that studio.

Malvingt2

what was the ign reveal ?

Somewhere around the time Timegate studio's finished the PS3/360 version was canned. The last trailer released by Gearbox Software was the 'Kick-Ass Trailer' - this is actually Demiurge studio's Wii U trailer. I believe that was shortly before the big 2hr IGN reveal, shortly before launch - which again, was the PC version - and why I believe SEGA canned the PS3/360 versions at this time; and the media knew about it.

that

That whole thing makes no sense. Have they even officially shown the Wii U version? Like was it ever playable at any events? And that's also the one version that Sega's always been sketchy with when it comes to release dates. But we're supposed to believe that it's the one that they were high on?

Malvingt2

That whole thing makes no sense. Have they even officially shown the Wii U version? Like was it ever playable at any events? And that's also the one version that Sega's always been sketchy with when it comes to release dates. But we're supposed to believe that it's the one that they were high on?

the whole thing is a mess, what is really shocking that the kick ass trailer is the WiiU version running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPuQ8Kzht1Y

hmm

Ryuuga

Banned
any-sense.gif

HeySeuss

Why should any credibility be lent to an anonymous message board post? I mean, sure it's what WiiU owners want to hear, as well as diehard fans of the series, but I wouldn't put much stock into it.

That was that posters first post and he had just created the account. Unless I missed something...

Malvingt2

Why should any credibility be lent to an anonymous message board post? I mean, sure it's what WiiU owners want to hear, as well as diehard fans of the series, but I wouldn't put much stock into it.

That was that posters first post and he had just created the account. Unless I missed something...

reason why I want a mod to see it.. I dunno the course of action.

mrgreen

Banned
OOOH it's such a shame the game is so bad. Wii U owners aren't missing out, are they?

I have to say that this game has always looked graphically dodgy to me. Such a shame as an Aliens game could be the best action-FPS around.

They should take the time to improve the game based on the criticisms like they did with Ninja Gaiden.

Wii U is slowly becoming the Grey Havens of game consoles, a place that broken, shitty games go to for a respite before they pass on, but I fear that this game is beyond their aid.

Ridley327

With how the game has turned out on the other systems, it would be one hell of a goddamn twist if that's what really has gone down with the Wii U version, but on the other hand, with how the game has turned out on the other systems, it makes it difficult to believe that there is still any semblance of a good game remaining. How often have SKUs been that different? Splinter Cell: Double Agent is the only example that comes to mind in recent memory, and that's hardly recent.

Ryuuga

Banned
Is that even supposed to be impressive? From what I can tell that trailer looks just like the versions that are currently on the market. There's a big gap between it and the demo that they were showing around at press events.

I only noticed that one cut in the trailer was taken from the reveal demo @ 1:31. The rest is largely as unimpressive as the other console versions, aliasing and all.

Tehalemi

Not sure if it's been brought up, but what if the Wii U version was pulled Sega from the E3 2012 showcase because of it being in a sad state back then. I think a few here were wondering where it was and why Sega didn't show the game on stage, etc. -shrug-

Maxrunner

Also, the demo randy showed didn't have any nest/hive footage in there, but that video comparison on you tube has lots of nest footage supposedly from the demo. where can i fully see it?

hamchan

Purposefully gimping the PC version so they can magically patch it later when the WiiU version comes out does not sound like something they would do.

cyberheater

Not sure if it's been brought up, but what if the Wii U version was pulled Sega from the E3 2012 showcase because of it being in a sad state back then. I think a few here were wondering where it was and why Sega didn't show the game on stage, etc. -shrug-

It sounds quite plausible.

The thing that worries me is that we've still not seen any WiiU images or footage for this game. As far as I'm concerned. At this moment. Its pure vapour ware.

TwIsTeD

The bottom line as a fan that has played and completed the game its too late, unless the AI & Visuals are that far ahead the Wii U version if released is being sent to die..

Top Bottom