• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Sony run out of buildings to sell? MS should sell them the Tent when they're done with it.
steve-ballmer.jpg

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ugh. Once again, it's nice to see another person pop in out of nowhere and tell everyone how they should act.

I apologize if I disturbed the party. Should I put on my 'Only on Xbox' so I'm not just popping in out of nowhere? I came in looking for new news and saw that. I didn't know I have to be a regular to make a statement.

Sarcasm, how does it work?

I'm very excited about the unveiling like most people in this thread. Don't take things too seriously.

Not taking anything seriously but judging from Izick's reaction, sounds like it wasn't just sarcasm but I digress.

I apologize if I disturbed the party. Should I put on my 'Only on Xbox' so I'm not just popping in out of nowhere?

Not taking anything seriously but judging from Izick's reaction, sounds like it wasn't just sarcasm but I digress.

I bet if my dog licked you, he'd die of kidney failure. Lighten up. It's a party. The funeral for Sony will be held on Tuesday afternoon. Save it for then.

I KID!

you guys think they will show more games than just COD Ghosts, new racer, and ryse? I hope we get to see a bunch but with only an hour im not sure what to expect

you guys think they will show more games than just COD Ghosts, new racer, and ryse? I hope we get to see a bunch but with only an hour im not sure what to expect

At the reveal? No. I think what you'll get at the reveal is the console, XBL, and some third party announcements/videos. They hinted yesterday that they're saving their game reveals for E3.

MasLegio

Banned
I think I know why they are having the event in a tent.

The NextBox is too big to get through doors and gets too hot to be able to be shown indoors without burning down the building.

The big white things outside the tent are weights set up to prevent the hot air from the Nextbox to make the tent fly away like a hot air balloon.

Endo Punk

Good to hear MS are getting vicious again. They really lost the drive in the latter half of 360. Sony can never match MS deep pockets but hopefully this means they will ramp up first party content even more.

Has Sony run out of buildings to sell? MS should sell them the Tent when they're done with it.

tumblr_m594j2anZd1rrg4f0o1_500.gif

quickwhips

Any idea if this will have BC? Does it really matter?

At Pax East this year DeadLab said they were pretty sure that BC was in the next xbox. I mean they are making a XBLA game I don't know know how good of a source they are. No Clue it if it matters to many but it does to me.

I'm a Sony only owner myself since a couple of months, but I don't see why MS should be interested in playing power games with Sony. They will make the console powerful enough so it can play all next gen games reasonable well. Not more, not less.

Why should they give a shit if Sony has the more powerful console? They will get all 3rd party support they want anyway and most consumers won't notice any difference.

What MS actually cares about is building a console the average Joe can afford.
At least that's what I think they want to do. Just seems like the right thing to do business wise you know...

Izick

They need, need, need to get it out in the EU in 2013. That's going to be a huge advantage for them if they're out with a new console this year and Sony isn't.

I like Pachter, but that was the most shitty video I've seen him do.

(1) Kinect in every box -durrrr. We know that
(2) Always online will be forced - does he not read ars?
(3) Women will be on stage - for a guy that mocked Kotaku for their stupidity (and he was right to do it), calling out Sony for not having women at their show was very Kotaku-ish. In fact Kotaku did a story on it.

Holy crap this woman is being savaged online.

I like Pachter, but that was the most shitty video I've seen him do.

(1) Kinect in every box -durrrr. We know that
(2) Always online will be forced - does he not read ars?
(3) Women will be on stage - for a guy that mocked Kotaku for their stupidity (and he was right to do it), calling out Sony for not having women at their show was very Kotaku-ish. In fact Kotaku did a story on it.

Holy crap this woman is being savaged online.

He doesn't mean the sim city style i think because he said background patching,etc.

Spotted inside the Xbox Tent. ???????

And the tent delivers again. What makes it funny is that it could actually happen since Reggie works close by.

He doesn't mean the sim city style i think because he said background patching,etc.

Nope. He's full-on talking about forced connections 24/7. He's been on that train for weeks and he's still not gotten off it. Otherwise there's no need to mention it. My PS3 is always online and always connected.

Reiko

Banned
SW_LukeNo1-011.gif

Can you at least tell us if the things you'v heard about are exciting, and if we're far off with these recent 3rd party exclusives rumor?

Software leaks are currently locked down. Sealed tight. (Seems no one has blown the whistle yet)

Hardware: One of these could be real, or none at all.

64MBeSRAM, 2.0+TFLOP GPU, 12GB of RAM

There is truth to this:

untitledmtanx.png

At this point I don't think even Ilherre could fully tell you everything about Durango hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom