• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
gethyped_feature.jpg

Reiko

Banned
Fuck, now that's an avatar! I'll wear this one with pride. Well done!

On a more serious note, I would be quite happy if Durango matched or exceeded PS4. However, this isn't likely. But what's most interesting is that Durango's specs aren't my biggest issue with the next Xbox. Is the Live availability in my country. See, I'm in a unsupported country which means I have to create fake (UK) account. However since Microsoft check your IP address against your reported location, I still get shafted by country locked content (to my knowledge this is M rated content).

Now if Microsoft, like Sony already does, supported my country officially, I probably wouldn't give two shits about specs and I would simply go with the console which offered better overall experience. Most of my games are multiplatform ones so I really don't care much about exclusives.

3 more days... Raise your expectations.

MS should just donate the Tent to Sony as a gift, so they can use it to camp out while waiting line for XboxNext!

Another Bill Gates charitable donation.

But seriously, when is Bethesda going to show Fallout 4? Gimme.

I think the specs will wind up being closer to PS4 but still weaker. Leaning towards full BC as the hardware bomb.

That would definitely make the buying decision much easier.

I'm expecting PGR5 to be the graphical showcase.

That would be damn sure about it in hands of Bizarre, but we don't know yet what Lucid (or whoever is working on it) is capable. If PGR5 is the graphical showcase of the console, that would be even sweeter.

EDIT: Well, there's Forza Horizon. Playground's first and that game is stunning.

Not owned by Microsoft though. Same as Epic and Gears and Sony with Quantic Dream. Still technically third party.

There's a difference between publishing an IP from an independent studio and having a deal for an exclusive game with a publisher.

When someone says "third party exclusive" we know exactly what he means.

Justin

I'm expecting PGR5 to be the graphical showcase.

Cant wait to see what the next gen racing games look like. This morning I played a PGR4 for the first time and was blown away with how well it held up for a 6 year old game. If someone told me that it came out this year I would believe them.

Izick

WILD SPECULATION: Halo 5 is used as a tool to push Microsoft's Fortaleza glasses in 2014-2015. Not mandatory, but will be the first big game to push them.

Wynnebeck

Banned
That directly contradicts the flawless posturing of several high profile NeoGAF posters with Kaz avatars who have stated outright that Xbox is only getting timed exclusive DLC. What gives?

Why do you sound so bitter? Next Xbox is getting unveiled in like 3 days. Be excited for that.

Cant wait to see what the next gen racing games look like. This morning I played a PGR4 for the first time and was blown away with how well it held up for a 6 year old game. If someone told me that it came out this year I would believe them.

That is precisely why I hope a racing game is not the showcase for graphical power. Racing games look great now and fans fight about which one is the most realistic looking game.

I think it should be a game that takes advantage of texture, scale, AI, etc.

Majanew

Banned
Don't care for a Halo 2 Anni. The SP wasn't that good and you know it won't have Halo 2-style MP. They dropped the ball big time with CEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom