• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, most repulsive smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

I'd forgotten to finish a Caramel Macchiato from SBUX, and it's been sitting on my basement coffee table for about two weeks. There's only about 10% of it left. I popped open the lid today to take a whiff before chucking it, and DAMN.

I said DAMN.

I hate it when I smell sounds.

I thought this was going to be a bad thread to read while eating, but not because I was going to choke on my food laughing
KuGsj.gif

I nominate smelly socks or mayonnaise.

I'd forgotten to finish a Caramel Macchiato from SBUX, and it's been sitting on my basement coffee table for about two weeks. There's only about 10% of it left. I popped open the lid today to take a whiff before chucking it, and DAMN.

I said DAMN.

Isn't it great how you go to smell something that you know is going to ruin your day but you just have to satiate your curiosity?

The Shift

Banned
The cauterization of human flesh always bothered me, full gag worthy scent for sure.

(** I worked in Operating Rooms/Hospitals for over a decade)

TheMan

I love this topic.

You would think "shit" is the worst smell in the world. After all, if something smells horrible, it smells like "shit." What I have learned as a medical student is there are many smells worse than shit.

Some of the most horrible smells are listed in no order:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Psuedomonal wound infection (fruity smell my ass)
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the rectum

oh my god yes. probably the only time i was really truly grossed out by a smell during med school

Surstrommingopen.jpg

The correct answer.

I sent a really big can of that to Shoenice on youtube.

Fucker didn't even eat the whole can only like 4 or 5 fishes.
And he was so drunk and high in his video the smell and taste didn't even bother him!!!

I felt like I got ripped off.

wizard

Banned
Rotting flesh and or a freshly killed black bear that is being cleaned. They eat anything so when you open them up its one of the worst smells imaginable.

CassSept

Your mother's period.

Edit: I haven't actually smelt that, but it would probably, by context, be the worst of all.

Just going by smell without context, I would say HCl(g) because it hurts and smells bad.

This is weird, but wasn't there once this guy a few years ago that posted on GAF how he loves to lay his head on his mother's lap to, errrr, smell her?

NinjaBoiX

This is weird, but wasn't there once this guy a few years ago that posted on GAF how he loves to lay his head on his mother's lap to, errrr, smell her?
If that was his girl, I could see that being kinda hot.

With his moms? Have a word dude...

what if you smell the menstrual blood left on a rotting body

I've told this story before but here goes...

So I used to play volleyball for my highschool. We had an away game and I really needed to use the opposing team's bathroom. So I go in there and I notice a stall is open and the bathroom is really terribly lit. I get closer and I realize that for whatever reason the girls at this particular high school (it was the gym bathroom) designated this stall as the "you're on period just toss your tampon/pad into a pile" stall. It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. There were trashcans in the bathroom and yet these girls didn't get it in their heads that they could simply wrap their shit in toilet paper and throw it in the trash. That day I understood why there are tiny tampon/pad disposal units inside the fucking stalls. Because stupid fucking assholes are so god damn embarrassed, lazy or downright assholish they won't bother to bring it out of the stall and put it in a disposal unit. That image is burned in my mind, forever

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also menstruation, especially if asshole women leave their tampons or pads out for others to find. Fuckheads.

Why do they do this though?

Are they marking their blood territory?

If they do that in a public place, I shudder the personal space @_@;

Why do they do this though?

Are they marking their blood territory?

If they do that in a public place, I shudder the personal space @_@;

I don't have a single solitary answer because I've never done this myself. If there is a place to throw paper towels (which there always is) I'm disposing it in there or not removing it.

pubba

I worked in a pathology lab and only lasted about 10 days before I quit.

The job was 'lab assistant' and I had to stand at different benches preparing tests for the scientists to run.

There was a poo bench, pee bench, flesh bench etc..

The poo bench was fucking awful. There were exhaust fans and we had masks to wear, but I could still smell it. Every sample was different. Basically all we had to do was remove a match head size piece of shit and then smear it across some petri dishes and then label them.

I had no idea there was so much variety in human shit. Little white pea sized pebbles, dark green and gluey, rubbery black strips, orange, yellow, crumbly, rock hard, liquid..

And some people used their own containers. One old lady filled a margarine container till it was absolutely FULL and then taped it shut with about 8 layers of tape.

The poo bench was awful, but the absolute worst part of the job, and a smell that I can still recall vividly even now 10 years later, was the warm room

This was a heated room that the petri dishes were stored in so that the bacteria could grow. Hundreds of different streaks of shit, pieces of rotting flesh, pee etc etc.. It was fuckin - arghh I can smell it now make it STO-

Salsa

I've told this story before but here goes...

So I used to play volleyball for my highschool. We had an away game and I really needed to use the opposing team's bathroom. So I go in there and I notice a stall is open and the bathroom is really terribly lit. I get closer and I realize that for whatever reason the girls at this particular high school (it was the gym bathroom) designated this stall as the "you're on period just toss your tampon/pad into a pile" stall. It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. There were trashcans in the bathroom and yet these girls didn't get it in their heads that they could simply wrap their shit in toilet paper and throw it in the trash. That day I understood why there are tiny tampon/pad disposal units inside the fucking stalls. Because stupid fucking assholes are so god damn embarrassed, lazy or downright assholish they won't bother to bring it out of the stall and put it in a disposal unit. That image is burned in my mind, forever

jesus

I have similar memories from finding "spots" like those in music festivals after this shit started getting popular:

MC-cone.lg.jpg

apparently the use is:

1-pee/shit(yes) in it
2-throw it on the floor wherever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom