• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

Would be cool if GT6 gets the Venturi back, i loved the 400 GT in GT2 :)

Any news about the track creator? GT5 one was a good idea but lacking, I want the chance to mod a single section of the track because in many times i got a track that I liked except one or tow turns, when I try to fix it I end up with a worse track because the parts that I liked were changed for others too.
Best of all would be a real full track editor :)

Any news about the track creator? GT5 one was a good idea but lacking, I want the chance to mod a single section of the track because in many times i got a track that I liked except one or tow turns, when I try to fix it I end up with a worse track because the parts that I liked were changed for others too.
Best of all would be a real full track editor :)

It's going to be a much more robust version of the one in GT5. This is the one new track maker location they've shown off (Andulucia)

bkuwncrceaenrmsqsumm.jpg

It's going to be a much more robust version of the one in GT5. This is the one new track maker location they've shown off (Andulucia)

bkuwncrceaenrmsqsumm.jpg

Ok, but how much? I mean that could be a random generated track using a preset location.
I want to see the actual tools, I hope they show them soon.

If by any chance we can create something like that using tiles, elevation marks and other things, then it would be absolutely amazing!

amar212

Ok, but how much? I mean that could be a random generated track using a preset location.
I want to see the actual tools, I hope they show them soon.

If by any chance we can create something like that using tiles, elevation marks and other things, then it would be absolutely amazing!

What we know so far is how Course Maker is getting a complete overhaul.

Details are not known, but there are 3 levels of "upgrade" that can be read between the lines from available information.

1. Evolved Course Maker as seen in GT5
During the Silverstone keynote it has been said how Course Maker will get functional update, including " A new course generation algorithm". That points to conclusion how "course generation" will still exist at from introduced in GT5. We can presume how the "blind slopes" and similar issues of Course Maker will be upgraded and new locations/surfaces added. We still don't know anything about user-controlled point-to-point courses (as seen in GT5 pre-release time) or any type of additional functions such as micro-management of turns, adding chicanes or similar. What has been clearly said however, is that new Course Maker will allow for "..massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers"

2. Introduction of Course Maker "Surroundings"
As described by SolidSnakeX in post above, localities such as Ronda will be introduced to serve as "surroundings" for both Course Maker and PhotoMode functionalities. It is not known yet with how many of similar "Surroundings" GT6 will ship on the vanilla-version of the game, but it has been said how such "Surroundings" will become a part of the post-release DLC offer. We learned how locations such as Ronda will allow the player to place the desired course within the pre-determined complexion of the location and create a standalone course (something comparable to PGR3's track maker IMO).

3. Mysterious "GPS" functionality
We still do not know is the hinted "GPS Data" feature actually a feature or result of mis-translation, but both is plausible. As we learned before the information was pulled-down from various official sites, the "GPS Data" would probably work in conjecture with announced GT6 "Mobile Device Application" (and *maybe/probably* PSVIta too - not a single word regarding any type of GT6-Vita compatibility has been said yet) where the GPS-enabled mobile-device would "record" GPS data from the route player decided to record and then transferred to GT6 Course Maker. We can speculate how such recorded GPS data (regular GPS data collect information of longitudinal and lateral offset of some route as well as elevation data while current smartphones are - in fact - surprisingly precise in their GPS-Data delivery) would be *fed* to Course Maker where player would decide which type of pre-determined "location" he would use (race track, urban area, city, nature..) and then Course Maker would create a course corresponding to layout recorded by GPS. Of course, "GPS Data" could only make a +/- 3m accurate representation of desired course, but even the current Course Maker tools (of GT5) would suffice to make some desired edits (width of track, etc.). If "GPS Data" would really be introduced - and I really do not see why it wouldn't, the foundation is 100% there - it could be very interesting for various purposes: most notably user-recorded layouts of real-life racetracks and locations that would become accessible to players, despite not "looking" as real-life counterparts.

I am hoping to learn more about the Course Maker on the GamesCom, but I think we will not get a full picture of Course Maker potential before the game actually ships - together with Mobile App.

paskowitz

One thing is for sure, I think we can expect GT7 on PS4 to feature heavy mobile integration. I would keep an eye on PD's website for job postings. I would not be surprised if we missed quite a few for android and ios development.

It's not GT6 related, but here's a cool GT5 glitch: Route 5 in the day time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRaHzUyDn0

[/img]http://www.abload.de/img/clubmanstageroute5_18cgu28.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://www.abload.de/img/clubmanstageroute5_20n4uko.jpg[/img]
[/img]http://www.abload.de/img/clubmanstageroute5_40suuh4.jpg[/img]

The guy who posted these has no idea how it happened. Apparently he can only play Clubman Stage Route 5 with these lighting conditions.

the hell..

PD should open this up to everyone via patch. :D

Anyone remember the replay glitch where you could add the graphics filters like sepia or high contrast & it could glitch into the the regular game modes some how.

I wonder if that too is still somehow accessible after finding thios daytime glitch.

The wheel in motion swap in the demo is offending me. It pops horribly and the wheels look like 50p coins :(

Had a look at the save game with bruteforce and it's different to GT5, they've split the data into tiny chunks and it can't be decrypted... for now.

Top Bottom