• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play through Wind Waker HD on a First Person perspective

Revven

I really, really hope the five triforce pieces are in new mini islands/ mini dungeons. I swear in that last Nintendo Direct trailer, there was a new island with a moblin in an arena area. Can't wait!

They're not going to be anywhere new. They're going to be in the old Triforce Chart chests that are gone (at least 5 of them will be). Meaning NOW you can find them while still doing the main quest after the first dungeon. IMO, pretty good change in general.

hatchx

Banned
Why would anyone do that lol

Hero mode from the start is awesome. I wonder what exactly they're changing to make it harder.

According to that place you GO....

-Enemies deal double damage
-No hearts found in the world (only from potions and fairies)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I have to say (though clenched teeth). It looks really nice. A very solid conversion and some really nice touches. I might have to pick this up.

Nibel

@hyruletiger
lol my girl zelda caught me sleeping. love her so much. #myprincess #thanksforyou #myswordisyours #lol @ganonstarr @legendaryprincess88 @airdwarf

Last one :)

Rootbeer

Banned
very awesome... for a while i was concerned it was just some texture upgrades and not a whole lot else (other than miiverse)... but now I see they've made some substantial changes. Definitely day 1, even though the game is still a bit fresh in my mind from a few years back.

Myriadis

If I remember correctly, the sculptor only does one scultpure once a day. I hope they find a way to make that much faster (maybe letting him create max. 12 Sculptures at once).

And I doubt that there will be new mini-dungeons for the Triforce Shards. Some maps in the original game were actually hidden in mini-dungeons (like the Island Link recieves).

Bullza2o

I'm so excited for this game!

I'm so glad I preordered when it was $50. With the recent $5 Amazon promo, it decreases to $45. Not bad, especially since I never finished it!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Another wish: the maps that show where things are in the sea, like the heart piece map, check them off on the map once you get them. I think some of the maps actually do that, but some don't, and it's a pain if you don't remember which ones you already got.

@hyruletiger
lol my girl zelda caught me sleeping. love her so much. #myprincess #thanksforyou #myswordisyours #lol @ganonstarr @legendaryprincess88 @airdwarf

lol this is perfect because Zelda's not actually in the mirror image, genius!

Wow, I honestly never had a problem with the Triforce Quest when I played this game when I was younger.

I was a little surprised so many people complained. Don't know if I like that it's being gimped.

Triforce quest killed this game for me back in the day. I stopped playing it for about 8 or 9 months before I resolved to get back into it.

And I kicked myself for doing that because holy hell, the end portion of the game is still the greatest I've ever played.

@hyruletiger

I was thinking of doing this in-game as soon as I heard about the feature.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the self-pictures are seriously making me consider picking up a game I previously decided not to touch at $60. I just think Miiverse integration with it would be really fun.

Hot daaaaammmmmn. Definitely gonna go for Hero Mode since I didn't bother replaying SS. The upgraded Pictographs and the first-person mode sound fun too.

Now, all they gotta do is make sure the rearranged OST isn't balls (ala SF643D) and keep the bloom in check and this remake should be up with the best of 'em (Kirby Super Star Ultra and Pokémon SS)

Pappasman

Hero mode can be toggled at any point in your playthrough.

some gifs:

i797nFZfcvfET.gif

ibpIRUBC1bmdjt.gif

Spiderduff

@hyruletiger

Damn it, now its starting to bug me that the reflection is all wrong :(

Can't wait to replay this.

As far as all the speculation about first-person Zelda, I would love it. I think the series could use a little shaking up. Doesn't mean it'll last forever. But honestly a lot of Zelda's mechanics would be fun to mess around with in first-person. I just don't think Nintendo is brave enough to actually do it.

No thank you. I'd say optional is fine for those who like first person that much, I prefer 3rd person by far.

georly

@hyruletiger

Shouldn't he be reflecting the back of his head, or is that a reference to something?

Top Bottom