• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

ahem.

Links_Crossbow_Training.jpg

That was developed by Nintendo EAD Group No. 3.

This game is developed by Tecmo Koei, no? Big difference.

watershed

Banned
I'm guessing this game is still really early in development unless there really is only one generic foot soldier type enemy.

Forkball

I'd say this looks like hot garbage, but that would be an insult to garbage everywhere. Guess it had to happen sometimes since Tecmo is one of the few third parties that have a good relationship with Nintendo (I'd rather have a new Pokemon Conquest).

1. Probably a pre-alpha build.
2. Fire Emblem has nearly as stellar record as Zelda and neither is too precious for Nintendo to use to offer new experiences with their IP
3. Really upset? Is that hyperbole? Crying in your cornflakes upset or moderately annoyed?

I can understand some loss of graphical fidelity because of the number of enemies on the screen but Jesus H Christ it looks ugly

Ishida

Banned
Mmh... Kinda looks like trash, like pretty much every Dynasty Warriors game... But I guess if you put a Zelda skin on everything, suddenly all the people that didn't care about Dynasty Warriors are orgasming.

As a huge Zelda fan I'm very disappointed in this.

OMG Fire Emblem Warriors would slay my whole existence.

But yeah I'll take Zelda too.

Playable characters? Link, Sheik... maybe some villains like that gay dude from Skyward Sword.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
a tease for what's to come with the new (real) Zelda game? ;)

kuroshiki

Nintendo wouldn't trust the Zelda franchise w/ a third party without good reason, I highly doubt this thing is going through without Nintendo atleast overseeing its development.

Last time nintendo oversaw the product Metroid M happened.

Nintendo doesn't know jackshit when it comes to make musou games. Leave Omegaforce a lone, nintendo.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
a0uOUOF.jpg

Spin-off or not, this is not a good look for Nintendo.
First new Zelda game on the WiiU and it looks like that?
Fire Emblem might have been an appropriate franchise to do this with, but Zelda should be a gated IP, a gold standard.

Really upset about this as a Zelda fan.

Yes it looks like ass. Very disappointed that Nintendo would deliver this level of poor quality.

GetemMa

Aaand this is the moment where Nintendo jumps the shark.

LOL

good lord people are over dramatic about this game, that imo, looks like it might be fun.

You act like Nintendo has never had any of its stellar IP grace bad games before.

I am sure this will rate better than Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.

SmokyDave

This is the first Wii U game that's made me say 'man, I really want to play that' since Zombi U.

Graphics are a bit ropey, but you can't beat a bit of musou in the morning.

I'd play this. I don't play the regular Musou games, but I played the shit out of Gundam Musou. They're good if they follow a theme that you like.

gerudoman

Probably the only Zelda title I will never get to play. If they were in the mood for spin-offs why not a new Four Swords Adventures? :(

Camwi

FUCK YES!

As a huge Zelda/Samurai/Dynasty/Orochi/Gundam/Ken's Rage fan, let me just say FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES!

CTLance

I'll be frank.
  • I have no interest in Musou games.
  • I think the Zelda/Link universe may not be a good fit for this kinda game (Fire Emblem for example would have offered far more characters and a compatible setting).
  • I fear this game may end up being a cynical rushed cash grab.
  • I hope they won't screw with the canon too much (THE BABY comes to mind)
...yet I somehow don't really have a problem with this game being released.
If it's good, yay.
If not, who's gonna care?

Strange. Maybe I need a refill on Nintendo franchise coolaid. I feel oddly disconnected from this.

DeaviL

Banned
Oh yes, the graphics look totally terrible in this unfinished game.
Just look at that blurry streamed footage...

watershed

Banned
I don't understand Zelda fans who feel like the Zelda IP is being abused here. IMO Nintendo is far to protective of their classic IPs. I like seeing them being more willing to stretch the presentation and context of their classic characters even if the experiment isn't successful.

It's not a mainline game. so if you feel like it damages the Zelda IP just pretend it doesn't exist like we all do with that Crossbow Training game.

Really feeling that franchise fatigue. Would've preferred an exclusive Warriors game (new IP) with assistance by Nintendo. Now it just seems they've relegated one of their most esteemed properties to a developer whose output has been "rough" to say the least.

Link's design here with that scarf looks familiar for some reason. Why....

Oh. Oh no. They didn't.... They DID. That's the Link featured in the manga short-story from Hyrule Historia, the earliest Link in the Zelda timeline. The design is slightly different (scarf is a different colour, less detail on the left arm's spaulder), but those two features are unique to that particular incarnation of Link thus far.

That is one way to get me to buy a Musou game. Nice Nintendo.

It's really hard to get excited about a musou.

Yea. I have no desire to play another Dynasty Warriors kind of game, even if they did reskin it with a Zelda theme.
I'm not really interested in the DW games since they play exactly the same each installment. Hell, I liked the Gundam concept but didn't play much.

If they add in more characters alongside Link (OoT Impa, Sheik, even Midna) I may give this one a shot.

But still, nice surprise starting Direct.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yes it looks like ass. Very disappointed that Nintendo would deliver this level of poor quality.

looks like the game is miles away from being finished, i mean not even the name "Hyrule Warriors" is final.

The Wii U is already under fire for being technically powerful console, maybe a spinoff title in a series thats selling point is a shitload of enemies on screen might exasperate that? Perhaps your flagship unmarked franchise isn't the best one to experiment with by handing it over to a studio with a history of less than amazing games? You know what? Never mind, Nintendo.

Steroyd

If this is what a desperate Nintendo whose back against the corner is making them produce, then God help them.

The premise looks cool don't get wrong but... it's like watching an animal struggling to stay alive while in a death grip of a lion._ :(

mechphree

It looks extremely rough. And if I know dynasty warriors the combat will be mindless button mashing . If you look at the enemies they don't move they just sit there not doing anything.

MBR

Banned
Why would a current gen console have next gen grafix?
Oh, sorry. I'm still in early November I guess.
What I meant was pretty much that the Wi... Wait, I'll just stop right there, I think people know what I mean.

"This game makes Metroid: Other M look like GOTG." Is a nice way to say what I really mean, I guess.

Top Bottom